The Reformation Alliance
We are the Allies of the Maximum Ride Fandom. We will not judge you on your writing ability or your use of grammar or how well you spell. No matter if you write slash or humor or angst or adventure, all are welcome within our ranks. Our goal is to make
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
little lea valkyrie

Hey there everyone! I will be the first to give you the official welcome to the Reformation Allaince! You may know me as Lacking Stealth, but please call me Lea.

I've been around this fandom for nearly a year now, and I've seen a lot of things. I jumped on the end of the DOALM bandwagon, even though I so wished I could have been there in its early days. I've seen stories blossom and grow and die out, and finish off spectacularly. I've learned to appreciate All-Human fics in their originality and cleverness. I've become one of the pickiest reader/reviewers of the bunch. I've even finished the first instalment of my very own trilogy. (On a side note, I also disappeared for a month to tackle the insanity of NaNoWriMo.)

The thing is, I know and you know that not every story here is fantastic. But what no one seems to understand is that this is all to be expected! Most of us are not professional writers, most of us have never once been published. (I won't lie to you: that's at the top of my bucket list.) Besides that, the one thing we have in common is our mutual love of the Maximum Ride novels by James Patterson. As dedicated readers and fans of Max's saga and as writers of FanFiction, we have a duty to ourselves and to this fandom to try to help others improve their abilities as well, so we can all grow together as writers and readers. Bashing people simply because you're hidden behind a fake name is nothing but petty and childish and weak. We're all human beings; we all have emotions and we all have gone through terrible, awful things in our lives. Not all of us are wonderful writers, not all of us are grammar experts, not all of us can spell.

But I want us to change all that, and I really believe we can. Without all the cliques and the flames and the high school of it all.

So, are you with me?

-Lea

Edit 12/14/10: So, the Aerites and I have come to a consensus. We're calling a truce, all righty? (As it turns out, the CC'ers all do so undercover.) But I don't want any smack talk, okay? These people are genuinely sweet, even if some of them come off as intimidating. Still, go check out The Project Aero, just to confirm that I'm not actually lying. Also, BookHunter (a friend of mine, i'm her beta), has begun a forum called The School, and I actually love the idea 100%. Please check that out, too!

12/10/2010 . Edited 12/14/2010 #1
collapsed-dream

I could not agree with you more on this. This is pretty much what my own forum is all about. I disagree with flaming, I think it is cowardly and weak.

One thing though, Lea- I thought you were part off Project Aero? They're all about flaming!

12/11/2010 #2
little lea valkyrie

The thing is, I was, but they asked me to join in its very first week of existence, when I wasn't really on FanFiction all that much at all. I said yes originally, because it sounded like a good idea. Now, though, that I've seen how these people are acting, I just can't take it anymore.

12/11/2010 #3
fakeditfromthewordgo

Well said, Lea! 100% with you - let's get this fandom into shape, without leaving burn marks everywhere.

12/11/2010 #4
collapsed-dream

Couldn't agree any more, Lea. I had a look around their forum and they were telling people to

Go under a rock and die, you miserable excuse for an author

Harsh.

So, yeah, this forum was a great idea!

12/12/2010 #5
little lea valkyrie

My thoughts exactly. Thank you very much!

12/12/2010 #6
Skadi 2. Marchking

I think this is a lovely idea, Lea.

However. (There always is a however.)

I think you will soon find that people rarely listen to CC. If you're up for the incredibly frustrating experience of dozens of people telling you that you're a flamer and you're mean and you're stupid and you're cruel when you're being quite nice and sensitive about your criticisms, I applaud you.

Just remember that Aero flames, not trolls. They flame for attention, which CC rarely, if ever, gets.

Not to discourage you. This is just a friendly warning from a retired CCer.

12/14/2010 #7
flying in the rain

They're all about flaming!

Hello. I founded Project Aero, and left about a week after I founded it. As unaware as I am on the goings-on of the Project, I assure that Project Aero is never and will never be "all about flaming". As unfortunate as it is that we have such a reputation, you cannot judge all of us based upon the ideas you get from certain members. Yes, some of us flame. Yes, some of us can be rude. I just ask that you do not judge others- such as myself, the founder, who has, in the longest time, never flamed. And never intends to. This is likely also true for other members.

On the other hand, I congratulate you on creating this project. I'm glad that there are lots of other people out there who want to improve the fandom.

So yes, please do not judge all members based on one member, whom no one can control (and no one would want to control). If you have any issues with Project Aero, please visit our "Complaints and Suggestions" forum thread (Lea, I do believe you PM-ed me, and while I appreciate it, I do not have the time to deal with all the complaints, which is why I created the thread).

12/17/2010 . Edited 12/17/2010 #8
little lea valkyrie

I really didn't mean to judge so harshly (I can't deny that I did, in fact, judge you rather unjustly), and I do apologize for offending anyone and everyone. But it definitely won't happen again. I have actually talked with a few of the Aerites (nathan-p, asimplecritic, MidnightFlyte, and CrazyNerdyFangirl), and they're genuinely nice people and I feel terrible for hurting them in any way. I really didn't mean for this all to do as far as it did.

I congratulate you, too! You're trying to clean up a fandom that seriously needs it. (Lord knows it's a hard thing to do.)

Thank you, I definitely will stop over there to try to help with the negative publicity. (I really don't want to start a fight with you, that's not what I wanted at all.)

12/18/2010 #9
Forum Moderators: little lea valkyrie fakeditfromthewordgo
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member