Order of the Concritters
This forum is dead and kept for historical purposes only. Carry on.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Sextuple Covalent Mo2 Bond

Thread title courtesy of Mandy~

Anywho, this thread is for any bitchy debate you can think of. Thoughts on abortion? Gay rights? Housing the homeless next to a public school?

Fuck, cats vs. dogs?

If you present your facts accurately, you may just win a brownie point~

2/4/2011 #1
Ever Heard of a Dictionary

Suggestion:

Animal testing.

Employment Discrimination.

Immigration--currently.

Dating.

2/4/2011 #2
Tallz Is De Langste Ster

Animal testing and dating would be my strong debating points.

2/4/2011 #3
Roy Renard

Religion, the occult and conspirational theories are my strong points.

2/10/2011 . Edited 2/10/2011 #4
Chaos Productions

I wouldn't exactly call it a strongpoint, but arguing both for and against the fact that warfare is an unnecessary waste of time and life, and the fact that too much money is bestowed upon the creation of war machines, is one of my own Likes.

2/12/2011 #5

Tallz: Dating, as in the age or against dating or what?

Roy: Religion; what about religion? Are you against it or do you not believe in it~?

Chaos: ...I've never really thought about the warfare. /fail

/trying to get this started

2/12/2011 #6
Sextuple Covalent Mo2 Bond

So... age and dating? :P

2/15/2011 #7
Madame Apathy

The death penalty, perhaps?

2/15/2011 #8

Age and dating (I'm going to treat this as a relationship instead of dating):

When it comes to love, age is but a number. The heart cannot see, nor hear. I think there are two aspects that controls dating/relationship: Understanding your partner...and the sex drive.

The age difference will lead to different thoughts, opinions, lifestyles, morals, behavior...and different taste in music and entertainment. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Rather than having things in common, being different from the other sort of fills a void, as in the other person completes what's missing in you.

As for the sex drive, I see it as attraction. Sure there are relationships that can go on without sex, and some without attraction, but men have needs, and so do women. Attraction is what really starts the date at first. Not all relationship couples have been friends before being couples. When you ask someone on a date, you tend to go on their looks and you attraction to them; I don't see that as superficial.

Death penalty:

Sometimes, there are people put to death penalty who have not accepted their crimes. What if some of the proofs have been deterred; there's no way of really knowing if you're putting an innocent into the hands of death. What about the innocent family of the person put to death--whether they were a criminal or an innocent. They'll already be suffering through the thoughts of their loved one could have committed a crime, but to also come in terms with the death is going a bit too much for them. The victim's family has suffered, one cannot deny, but what about making the innocent family of a criminal suffer? Is that valid?

I believe racism plays a part in this too--at least up until last year when I had the statistics for the yearly death penalties of the whites and blacks. Last year, the whites were more likely to have their death sentence commuted than black defendants.

It isn't humane; there is no humane way of putting a person into the hands of death. Criminals are also human--whether they have humanity is a different topic--and they also have the capability of loving their families, hurt, fear, grief, and so on.

If a criminal has killed someone, punish them. But if they are subjected to the death penalty, aren't the government committing crime? It doesn't really justify--at least to me--to put someone at the hands of death. There's also life-time imprisonment and all. :/

2/15/2011 . Edited 2/15/2011 #9
Roy Renard

Roy: Religion; what about religion? Are you against it or do you not believe in it~?

Well, miss Mandy...

I'm not exactly against it, but I don't believe in any, either. Although, if I had to choose, I would totally be in the believers side.

I just consider it as an excellent debating point. I've had my strong discussions with both atheists and fanatics since I was 13 years old, so, it's my passion.

I even wanted to be a theologist, but neh...

2/15/2011 #10
wach

As for Age and Dating, I agree with Mandy, and would like to add that couples with age gaps are usually formed for the actual relationship aspect of the deal, rather than for the more .. Carnal aspects. (I'm sure Mandy has a blunter way to say it. ^^)

As adverse to what people may think, the Death Penalty is the easier punishment, compared to living the rest of your life knowing the mistakes you've made, and having to pay with the rest of your life. An easier way to think about it is .. Dying after committing sins, as adverse to spending eternity in hell. (And this is purely metaphorical, mind you. ^^')

And the thing about the Death Penalty is that the criminal doesn't suffer; it's their family, already upset that their loved one could commit such a terrible crime that deserves death. Torturing the innocent family benefits no one. Honestly? Criminals deserve nothing less than to serve society/live in a jail cell, knowing what they've done.

A point not brought up is that this form of punishment is .. Similar to the types given ever so long ago; an eye for an eye, an leg for a leg. Aren't we beyond something so .. Primitive, nowadays? :3

As for Religion? It doesn't matter. Most religions/beliefs focus on living without evil and corruption and sin. It's a given, irregardless of what you believe in. And, really? I don't think we should care to believe or not. As long as we're good-hearted people, we can .. Fufill ourselves, and not need anything.

I think that if there is a 'God', he would judge us by the colour of our hearts. 'God' does not care from where we come from, and our differences. 'God' just wants us to live without sin and evil. So we can go ahead and say, that as long as we're good-hearted, we'll end up happy. So that ends that part of the debate, I believe. Let's just agree to be good people.

As for me, I guess you could say that I'm absolutely nothing. I simply do not need a 'heaven', a 'hell', or a 'god' to keep me going. I believe that the meaning of life is simply living. I suppose you could say that we're already in purgatory. And the thing about this place called purgatory, is that it can be heaven or hell, just depending on our actions and the choices that we make.

I simply do not heaven or hell. I'm content living here in 'purgatory', making my own happiness. I live as a good-hearted person for living - not because I'm scared of hell or need heaven. I think that as long as we live our lives fully, that at that moment when our hearts stop beating, it won't matter where we go - whether we rot in the ground or drift off. Because we'll already be content, and accept the end.

^^

2/16/2011 #11

I'm content living here in 'purgatory', making my own happiness. I live as a good-hearted person for living - not because I'm scared of hell or need heaven. I think that as long as we live our lives fully, that at that moment when our hearts stop beating, it won't matter where we go - whether we rot in the ground or drift off. Because we'll already be content, and accept the end.

^

Something about religion that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is that a lot of religious people shove their beliefs down others' throats. My parents, a few years ago, had Mormons over at our house one day; so they were telling us and then they told us to leave behind our initial religion and be baptized. They told us all these points and then said "there's only one God". So if there is only one God, but in different forms, why must we--after baptized--not worship another form of God? What makes one form of God superior to others?

I do believe there's a heaven and a hell--won't get into that too much, especially on a public forum--and I'm well aware I have sinned. I've never wanted anything bad for someone else, I've never wished anything bad to someone else; but if there's something I really want to do, I don't let the fear of 'sin' or 'hell' stop me. When I'm on my deathbed, I don't want to think of all the things I didn't do that would make God proud of me, but I want to smile that I didn't let anything stop me, that I lived fully, experienced as much as the world had to offer to me, and was as happy as possible for me.

Another thing in religion: Should babies be baptized? I'm against that. Let the child decide when he/she grows up. Children should be given a choice in this matter.

I agree with Mandy, and would like to add that couples with age gaps are usually formed for the actual relationship aspect of the deal, rather than for the more .. Carnal aspects. (I'm sure Mandy has a blunter way to say it. ^^)

XDD That's so true, but I think it also depends on who's older, not to mention the "Prime" time. If the woman is the older one in the relationship and the male younger, lots of humping would ensue. If the male is the older one, there would be a humping in the sack, but not a lot, and there might even be some in-depth conversations--not like a 'Sugar Daddy', mind you~

I mean, you gotta agree; many of the women who are older and want younger men only want to be able to say they're more experienced; I doubt it starts out with love. As for the males being older...they just want someone young so it'd be like 'Wam Bam Thank you Ma'am' because younger girls, they'll want something more pretty soon and move on. (Yes, these are some actual reasons from actual people in relationships like these.)

2/16/2011 . Edited 2/16/2011 #12
wach

Something about religion that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is that a lot of religious people shove their beliefs down others' throats. My parents, a few years ago, had Mormons over at our house one day; so they were telling us and then they told us to leave behind our initial religion and be baptized.

That's the type of thing that starts fighting. No one has any right to tell you what to believe, or force their beliefs onto you. Ever.

Should babies be baptized?

I think that a lot of the reason one believes in a certain religion, is because they're bourne into a family with those beliefs. And. Right. We need choices.

I've never wanted anything bad for someone else, I've never wished anything bad to someone else ..

..but I want to smile that I didn't let anything stop me, that I lived fully, experienced as much as the world had to offer to me, and was as happy as possible for me.

Good. Good. That's absolutely fecking perfect. Irregardless of what religion you have, if any, that is how people should view their lives.

As for the males being older...they just want someone young so it'd be like 'Wam Bam Thank you Ma'am' because younger girls, they'll want something more pretty soon and move on. (Yes, these are some actual reasons from actual people in relationships like these.)

I immediately think of Hugh Heffner. But him and all of his play-things .. Those aren't actual relationships, I'm afraid.

2/16/2011 #13

That's the type of thing that starts fighting. No one has any right to tell you what to believe, or force their beliefs onto you. Ever.

^ That. I also got called a 'Demon spawn' but it would sound really weird if I tell that including, "I whip Satan into following my orders." Oo

Good. Good. That's absolutely fecking perfect. Irregardless of what religion you have, if any, that is how people should view their lives.

*Salutes* ^_^ I try to get some of my friends to open their minds to it. Some have, some haven't. Oh well, won't pressure them. B3

I immediately think of Hugh Heffner. But him and all of his play-things .. Those aren't actual relationships, I'm afraid.

I read that as 'Hugh Grant' and was about to start squealing...

2/16/2011 #14
wach

^ That. I also got called a 'Demon spawn' but it would sound really weird if I tell that including, "I whip Satan into following my orders." Oo

Whoa. But. I've realized that the .. 'Idiots' (/Mofos) that push their beliefs onto others are detestable and easily forgotten. Honest? Their opinion means absolutely nothing to me, since their ideals/attitude deserves no respect.

For example, I was having an intellectual conversation with a gentleman the other day:

'HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow I would really love to meet you and see you talk like that. You are foolish little one, you don't know God's power. It is what keeps you alive and it is what fuels me. He keeps me alive and safe, nothing can kill me unless he allows it. Not you, not anyone you know, and only God can kill me. I live to serve and what people fail to realize is, i'm not like them. I am a soldier and God's at that. I do what he says and right now that is to defend the United States, the Jews, and anyone he specifies. So tempt him and he won't protect you. Plus neither will I and I don't need human support to do my mission. That is why I don't care about human beliefs and human sins. I oppose all gays, false Christians, atheists, radical muslims, and unrepentant sinners. Those people better not stand in my way. Now go and get some help'

Though, the opposite occurs as well. With Atheists and the like. It's sometimes better not to associate myself with any groups.

I've got my own religion! :D

I read that as 'Hugh Grant' and was about to start squealing...

*points* GIRL!! *LAUGHING*

2/16/2011 #15

I've got my own religion! :D

Or you know, you could just worship me. *Pose* /kidding

*points* GIRL!! *LAUGHING*

*Snickers* KID! XD We should probably move this to the chat. :3

2/16/2011 #16
Madame Apathy

Age and Dating: My parents have 14 years between them and have been happily married for over 20 years. Once you're both adults, I personally that age doesn't matter much, especially when you think of all the other aspects of a relationship(friendship, respect, etc).

Death Penalty: I'm against this for a few reasons. My major problem with it is that it always runs the risk of killing innocent people(Derek Bentley, Timothy John Evans, to name two of the more famous examples). Killing an offender isn't justice in my eyes- it's revenge, and that's very different. Plus there's the question of what deserves the death penalty. My law class are currently learning about sentencing(there's about eight of us) and the range of opinions was remarkable. If eight people couldn't agree on what crimes are worthy of certain punishments, how would a government decide this?

Religion: I believe that religion should never be forced on someone else. Talk about your beliefs, by all means, but don't go out with the intention of forcibly converting others. Me and my brother have very different religious opinions(he's an atheist and I'm a practicing catholic), but we both respect the other's belief. If he had tried to stop me believing in God I would have been incredibly offended, but since he doesn't I show him that same respect.

2/16/2011 #17
EvAdIvA101

Age and Dating: My parents have 14 years between them and have been happily married for over 20 years. Once you're both adults, I personally that age doesn't matter much, especially when you think of all the other aspects of a relationship(friendship, respect, etc).

I believe that dating someone not your age is okay, but there is a limit. For instance a fourty 45 year old married to a 30 year old isn't that much of a big deal in my mind, but someone who's 18 dating a 28 year old is a big difference. But, if you love someone that isn't your age then in my opinion I think you should be allowed to be with them as long as it's not an inapropriate relationship (for instance a 17 year old and a 27 year old, because the 17 year old is underage.) My parents are 11 years apart and I have no issue with that. So I believe that age shouldn't be a huge issue in a relationship, as long as you love the person your with.

2/16/2011 #18
wach

Fun Topics:

Abortion

Alcohol

Gay Marriage

Virginity

2/17/2011 #19
Madame Apathy

Abortion: In that situation, I think I would keep a baby unless it was unsafe to give birth, though I hope that I'll never be in that situation. I have various reasons for this, one being that I know people who've miscarried or had stillborn children and I simply don't think I'd be able to live with having an abortion. That said, I wouldn't condemn someone for having an abortion because I'm not perfect myself, so am in no position to judge.

Alcohol: I'm not totally sure what you mean with this one.

Gay Marriage: If two people love each other, I see no reason they shouldn't be together.

Virginity: Again, that's between a person, their partner and, if they're religious, God. That's not my place to judge.

How about airbrushing?

2/17/2011 . Edited 2/17/2011 #20
wach

Airbrushing? As in paint/tattoos? Yeah, sure! :D

2/17/2011 #21
Madame Apathy

As in the magazines where the pictures are touched up?

2/17/2011 #22
wach

Ahh. So Social Ideals?

2/17/2011 #23
Madame Apathy

If you like. :P

2/17/2011 #24

Abortion: ...I'm a bit torn up about it because I can come up with several pros and cons. I've worked with many women with a psychologist who've had an abortion and later have regretted that decision severely, not to mention after abortion, the woman may go into post-abortion trauma. Most of the abortions are due to unwanted pregnancy, so why not take the proper steps and use two different types of contraception to keep the chances of pregnancy at the lowest levels? Having an abortion can also cause damages on the womb, preventing pregnancy later in the years.

But on the other side... it is the woman who's going through it all--the pain, the labor, most of the parenting (unless it's a marriage), and sometimes, with no support from anyone, not even family members. Life of the baby eventually depends on the mother's health, so it's best to allow the mother to make the decision for the child. While abortion leads to mental problems, what about all the duties the mother will have to do, including the labor pain?

Alcohol: Regardless of the law, underage kids will drink. I've known people who drink now solely because they like the "idea" of "going against the law".

Virginity: Depends on the two people. In my opinion, the woman remembers the first time. The male never does. So don't see it as "I'm not his first," see it as, "I'm his last" because that's what will matter.

Airbrushing?

2/17/2011 #25
Madame Apathy

It's where photos of models are touched up to make them skinnier/taller/better skin/etc.

2/17/2011 #26

It's where photos of models are touched up to make them skinnier/taller/better skin/etc.

Against airbrushing. It makes the every day girls' self esteem drop more than a few notches.

But I live by that I'm happy the way I am. I don't get jealous by how some other is prettier than me, or better than me. I am how I am and I love it; I wouldn't change it for anything, so airbrushing isn't a big deal for me. ^^;;

2/17/2011 #27
Brinkmess

New topics anyone?

3/14/2011 #28
The Hendog
Nuclear power: good or bad?
3/14/2011 #29
Brinkmess

Lets...save that one for later. The results may be heavily biased, you know?

3/14/2011 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Sextuple Covalent Mo2 Bond Ten ways to spoil dinner, Conqueror of the North Wind, Aspiring Mythmaker
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member