Order of the Concritters
This forum is dead and kept for historical purposes only. Carry on.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2
Ever Heard of a Dictionary

http://www.ehow.com/how_2377_treat-ingrown-toenails.html

^^

4/3/2011 #31
Aspiring Mythmaker

Thanks. :)

4/3/2011 #32
Brinkmess

Ok, I know this is going to sound weird, but I swear to god I'm being really serious about this.

Is there such thing as a pregnancy fetish, or some really unhealthy obsession with pregnancy? Because I think I know someone who has something along those lines, and I've known her for a while, and I'm finally realizing that she does have problems when it comes to RPing and talks about mpreg or regular pregnancies. There's a lot more I can add on, but I go with it one step at a time, and eventually come up with a way to talk to her about her issues.

4/4/2011 #33
Ataokoloinona

I knowpseudocyesis, or false pregnancy, is a condition where a woman thinks she's pregnant and I'm sure there's a term with just an obsession with pregnancy in general.

I guess the best advice is that if you think she's being unhealthy or destructive with this obsession that you could tell her to see a therapist, or tell her parents.

4/8/2011 #34
Brinkmess

pseudocyesisHmm, I know of that.

However, she knows she's not pregnant. It's something she really wants though. A lot.

you could tell her to see a therapist

I've thought of that. As she gets older she seems to think about it more. Doesn't help that it makes everyone feel very awkward.

Thanks for the advice.

4/8/2011 #35
Aspiring Mythmaker

I frequently feel like there's something stuck in my throat. Ever few days/weeks, I gag and cough a lot, and occassionally cough up some semi-solid white-yellow chunks. Is this something to be concerned about, and is there anything I can do about it?

4/25/2011 #36
Venere Veritas

Myth, I seriously think you ought to see a doctor.

What you have may be a few things, ranging from tonsil infections to bronchitis. I could ask if the chunks smell, how big they are, whether you have difficulty eating, or if you ever smoked. But from what you've mentioned, it's best to see a professional and have them look at you.

4/25/2011 . Edited 4/25/2011 #37
Aspiring Mythmaker

Myth, I seriously think you ought to see a doctor.

I did. Or, at least, I asked one about it. They looked in my throat, but nothing came of it.

4/25/2011 #38

It could be tonsil infection, but if the doctor has looked and said it wasn't anything, maybe it is just build up mucus. You could try some Robitussin, available over the counter; two teaspoon fulls every four hour. If it is the mucus, that should clear it over within two days of use. Or you could try gurgling with semi-hot water with two teaspoonfuls; just gurgling and spitting out.

Hope it clears up. :/

4/28/2011 #39
Volim te

I sneezed this morning and my mom made me take a Claritin 12-hour that was prescribed to me 2 and a half years ago. During my first block, I noticed that my eyes were really watery, I was starting to get a bad headache, and had chills. In my second block, I was very sleepy, had gotten warmer, was dizzy, and had a runny nose. I took an Advil for the headache and ate lunch, but my stomach hurt and I was acting irrational. About 45 minutes later, my eyes stopped watering but felt kinda dry, I had a dry mouth, and was still sleepy. The only thing I'm allergic to is Lorabid (I develop hives) and cheap metal, so...? The only thing it helped was my sneezing, but I don't sneeze that much anyways.

4/28/2011 #40
Sextuple Covalent Mo2 Bond

Over the course of something as long as 30 months, it may have expired. Check the date on the box. If it has expired, it will not help all that it suggests on the box.

Sounds like a simple head cold or bug or even a small infection. Check with the doctor to make sure if the symptoms don't clear up in a few days.

/vet perspective

4/28/2011 #41

Antihistamines

Helps with the sneezing, runny nose, itching, sneezing, watery eyes, scratchy throat.

I'd get a second opinion from the doctor as well, just to make sure it won't react, but this medicine is available over the counter.

I had a dry mouth,

Try to consume drinks that have more electrolytes.

Hope you feel better.

4/29/2011 . Edited 4/29/2011 #42
chronicxxinsanity

I kind of have a medical questions...more of a nutrition questions, I suppose. I'm starting to work out and eat healthier, and I was wondering if a week-long fast to get rid of the toxins in my body is healthy. I know a lot of people do cleanses before starting a healthier lifestyle. I've always seen it as something bad, since you're depriving your body of food and it just seems so...unnatural, but I've also heard a bit on the internet about short-term fasts being really healthy.

Any opinions?

7/23/2011 #43
Lessthanthree-Carissa

Are you planning on eating nothing all week? Or are you doing the sun-up to sun-down fast version? I honestly would suggest not doing it. I understand you want to be healthier, but not eating won't do that for you. Your body needs those nutrients in order to survive. If you want to cut out the bad things from your diet, that's fine. Red meat is a good example of something that isn't exactly all that great for you. I suggest doing some research to find out what would be good for you to eat and what to avoid. I however, would never suggest just to stop eating for a period of time. That's just my two cents, someone else may feel different.

7/23/2011 #44
chronicxxinsanity

I'm not really worried about the nutrient part of it. While you're not eating, I know that your body eats away at the stored energy (what holds a lot of toxins in your body) and it gets rid of them as well as just cleans out your stomach. I guess I'm kind of wondering if a week is long enough or too long. I've heard of people going a full month (in certain religions), but I'm obviously not going to do that.

7/24/2011 #45
Sextuple Covalent Mo2 Bond

A one week fast is too long.

After eating away stored energy (which would not last a week), your body begins ingesting it's own tissue. I believe* it starts with muscle tissue, but don't quote me on that.

I'm not going to go opinionated into my thoughts on fasting diets, but anything longer than a day or two I believe would do more harm than good anyways.

7/24/2011 #46
Venere Veritas

Fasting for a week can leave you severely malnourished. If you want to remove toxins from your body, you may want to take an organic diet during the week. You'll be providing your body with the nutrients you need, and you be getting rid of some of the unwanted antibiotics and pesticides that you want to remove from you. Another suggestion would be an (organic) vegetarian diet or a vegan diet. You'll be eating, but you'll still be cleansing yourself from harmful chemicals.

7/24/2011 #47
chronicxxinsanity

Okydoky, thanks guys. I think I'll try the whole 'organic only' thing and see how that goes. I'm already a vegetarian, so continuing that won't really make a difference. :) ("Just because I don't eat meat doesn't mean I eat healthy." -- My friend's quote...it is very true.)

7/24/2011 #48
Madame Apathy

Feeling irrationally groggy, tired and irritable. Any tips? I'm like this too often and it's not nice for anyone.

7/25/2011 #49
Aspiring Mythmaker

I've found myself like that if I consistently sleep in too much, or stay up too late for prolonged periods. Helped a lot when I started going to bed earlier, and waking up promptly. Dunno if that's your problem, though.

7/25/2011 #50
decidedlyindecisive

Say someone has been in a horrific accident and has lost an arm, but is still running for their lives. What sort of effects would this have on their ability to function and continue going?

I'm assuming this can go in this thread considering the question, but... eh.

9/5/2011 #51
« Prev Page 1 2
Forum Moderators: Sextuple Covalent Mo2 Bond Ten ways to spoil dinner, Conqueror of the North Wind, Aspiring Mythmaker
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member