Order of the Furries
Providing CC to young furries everywhere. And also annoying Blizz. Help by spamming all forums above Clan of the Clouds. Good day.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
AngelinaHeartsYou

What's a good way to get a beta?

3/10/2011 #31
Aspiring Mythmaker

Ask. :P

In all seriousness, there are several different ways. Some places have a beta-thread for asking for help. Or you can search for yourself, though this is understandably more time-consuming.

3/10/2011 #32
AngelinaHeartsYou

Okay, thanks.

3/10/2011 #33
Sextuple Covalent Mo2 Bond

Ah, Angelina. Still writing rule-breaking fics I see.

You can ask for a beta reader in our chat thread if you can't find one yourself, in addition to Myth's answers.

3/10/2011 #34
AngelinaHeartsYou

Okay, I've found a good beta to PM. Thanks for the help.

3/10/2011 #35
Chaos Productions

^ Who's the rookie?

Anyhow, I hope you guys have a "MANswer" for my question: A) What is the architectural style most used in the Vatican?

And B) What are the four positions under "Pope"? Like General, Colonel, Sergeant, etc., only in Holy-Man's-Terms.

3/12/2011 #36
Lessthanthree-Carissa

Carissa is wondering:

1) What substance can you use to knock someone out besides cholofoam? (I think I spelled that wrong....)

2) Is Jimmy a mermaid?

3/13/2011 #37
Aspiring Mythmaker

Okay, let's see.

If you're referring to the hierarchy in terms of precedence in the Catholic Church, that would be the Pope, the Cardinals, the Archibishops, and the Bishops. The actual relationship is a bit more complex, as Archbishops are also Bishops, Cardinals are also Archbishops, and the Pope is also a Cardinal.

There are several different alternatives to chloroform. Ether functions in much the same way, and is actually much safer for the patient, as chloroform is far more toxic if used incorrectly. However, ether is also highy flammable, and so is not in general use. Ether can also be mixed with other anesthetic compounds, including chloroform and alcohol. Gases are far more common today in medical procedures.

3/13/2011 #38
Devils-Advocates33

Which is more caffinated; coffee or redbull? Random question :P haha.

3/20/2011 #39
Ever Heard of a Dictionary

Depends on what kind of coffee and redbull it is.

3/20/2011 #40
Devils-Advocates33

Just plain Redbull, not the sugar free kind, and let's just say it's black coffee.

3/20/2011 #41
Aspiring Mythmaker

It depends. If it's strong coffee, it could have twice the caffeine of Red Bull, or it could have half if it is not heavily brewed.

3/20/2011 #42
Brinkmess

I live in California. The cheapest gas station I found was about $3.87 per gallon (Arco).

To all those outside the state; how much is it for you?

3/22/2011 #43

I got $3.57 at my 7-Eleven around the block. Cape Coral, Florida~

3/22/2011 #44
Brinkmess

I remember when gas was $3.18, and I used to complain...

Jim, you're so lucky right now.

3/22/2011 #45

Grandma remembers when you could fill your tank for a quarter. XD

We're above the national average, too. :P

3/22/2011 #46

$3.87 per gallon (Arco)

$4 something per gallon now.

I have to get either Chevron or Shell gas for my car and it takes more than $80 to fill it up. :/ And I have to drive a lot, so I have to get gas at least twice, if not three times, in a month. X/

4/3/2011 #47
Brinkmess

$3.95

At the Arco. The very same one.

and it takes more than $80 to fill it up

Takes about $60 for me to fill up my tank. I usually fill up every other week. Mandy, you need to look into carpooling. The gas prices will kill you.

4/3/2011 #48

I usually go to classes, then work, and then back to classes before going home. :/ No one really goes the same way I do, sooooo. ;-;

4/3/2011 #49
Brinkmess

You poor thing...

I work on campus, soooo...yeah. . Only on Mondays do I do a lot of driving.

Hopefully next semester your new schedule will go along with your work schedule?

How far is your work? Perhaps you can bike it? *is trying to be helpful*

Question: In order to spread the name of the Order, would it be alright if I gave away free reviews in a AN? Like, at the very end of my chapter, I could mention the Order and give away free reviews to anyone who wants (in a PM). I'll mention concrit rules and it'll get the name out? How does that sound, guys?

4/3/2011 #50

Question: In order to spread the name of the Order, would it be alright if I gave away free reviews in a AN? Like, at the very end of my chapter, I could mention the Order and give away free reviews to anyone who wants (in a PM). I'll mention concrit rules and it'll get the name out? How does that sound, guys?

Great idea! Much obliged. Would be appreciated much.

...and thanks for reminding me to write my 100 words today! :D

4/3/2011 #51
Brinkmess

Great idea! Much obliged. Would be appreciated much.Great. Now all I have to do is update...

...and thanks for reminding me to write my 100 words today! :D

Pfft!

4/3/2011 #52

Hopefully next semester your new schedule will go along with your work schedule?

Next semester will be at a community college, and the demand for classes is so high. :/

How far is your work? Perhaps you can bike it? *is trying to be helpful*

Driving takes about an two-ish hours from campus/my house, and 30 minutes from my parents house.

;-; Thanks, though. I'll probably just let my parents help me now without complaining. :/

4/3/2011 #53
Brinkmess

I'll probably just let my parents help me now without complaining. :/Don't give in to their demands!

No, but seriously, the fact that they're willing to help is great. I get so excited when my mom offers to fill the tank.

Next semester will be at a community college, and the demand for classes is so high. :/

Long Beach?

4/3/2011 #54

Don't give in to their demands!

No, but seriously, the fact that they're willing to help is great. I get so excited when my mom offers to fill the tank.

My dad takes my car and gets the gas without telling me when I visit my parents and keeps putting money in my saving account monthly. xD;

Long Beach?

Cypress. *Nod* It's closer to my parents house, so I'll be able to live with them before I transfer to another University. ^^;

4/3/2011 #55
Brinkmess

Cypress? Cool, I got a few friends that go there.

4/3/2011 #56
Braco Boy

So you guys offer critique and warnings before reporting right?

How's that working for you? Better than just sending report reviews, or is their little to no difference?

4/19/2011 #57

Reporting is not required in our group, however... it is often used after a few days or if the author replies in somewhat of a butthurt manner.

However, as far as membership is concerned, a story must be critiqued and warned if it violates rules, no matter what.

I see an improvement in that our complaints thread is pretty bare. People aren't as offended by our presence as other critic groups. We're fairly efficient at the purging of rule violating fics over time, however.

4/20/2011 #58
Venere Veritas

How much "adult content" is too much?

I personally feel that sex, as long as it isn't too descriptive, falls into a M rating. But I know this varies from person to person. Would a little in a story be ok to write about, or is this something I would want to stay away from?

5/9/2011 #59

How much "adult content" is too much?

If we were to literally look into the "Rated MA", it would be nudity. Last I contacted the FFN staff about the ratings was months ago, and they said rated M would be the same as a Rated M show/movie. I believe a friend of mine was told that something like Sex and the City rated M was okay, but can't be sure about it. I've put in an inquiry previously without any response. But if this is any help...

7/12/2011 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Sextuple Covalent Mo2 Bond Ten ways to spoil dinner, Conqueror of the North Wind, Aspiring Mythmaker
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member