MVC 3
This is a forum to talk about Marvel vs. Capcom 3; Fate of two Worlds. Just talk about anything from favorite characters to the storyline.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Gamer165

The storyline for MVC3 is Doctor Doom and the Marvel villians somehow manage to contact the Capcom Universe and form an alliance with Albert Wesker then they fuse the two universes into one inadverntly awaking some powerful threat and so now the heroes and heroines of the Marvel Universe ally with the heroes and heroines of the Capcom Universe to stop Doom and Wesker's plot. So what do you think of the storyline?

2/14/2011 #1
Doctor Deadpool

It's pretty flimsy, and was a major let-down to me. I still like the game, though.

3/9/2011 #2
Gamer165

I agree the game was awsome but the story while cool was presented in a flimsy way. The only thing I learned from the MVC 3 comics is how the teams were formed and even that was kind of poorly told cause at where Iron Man joined forces with Chris Redfield and Amatrestu it doesn't explain how Chris knew Iron Man was really Tony Stark.

5/5/2011 #3
Doctor Deadpool

Who was Deadpool teamed with? I haven't read the comic.

5/6/2011 #4
Gamer165

Deadpool was with Trish from Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe and lets just say Deadpool's constant habit of breaking the fourth wall was one of the reasons why Trish constantly called him an idiot.

5/7/2011 . Edited 5/7/2011 #5
Doctor Deadpool

Despite the overwhelming evidence that he's right, she still didn't believe him? Huh. Deadpool probably thought she was hiding her unconditional love for him by calling him an idiot.

I hate it when writers overdo the fourth wall thing. It was tastefully done in the game, but it's far from the best thing about the character.

5/7/2011 #6
Gamer165

Yeah there were some parts in the comic when Deadpool thought Trish was hiding her true love for him. And Deadpool does make a reference to Naruto several times because during the parts where Trish smacked him and Deadpool says something about her being in Sakura mode.

5/8/2011 #7
Doctor Deadpool

They seem like a good match for each other then.

5/9/2011 #8
Gamer165

I agree one-hundered percent.

5/12/2011 #9
Doctor Deadpool

Deadpool just has a way with those types of women. Despite not being powerful, he can often bring them down a peg by being clever.

5/12/2011 #10
Gamer165

I defintly loved it in the comic when Spider-Man, Felica, and Dante got into that little scrap with Deadpool, Trish, and Viewtiful Joe.

5/13/2011 #11
Doctor Deadpool

Who would you say won? That actually sounds like a close fight.

5/13/2011 #12
Gamer165

It actually ended in a tie. Because the fight started with a misunderstanding because Deadpool due to his personality said something and well it turned into three seperate one-on-one fights.

Spider-Man and Joe were evenly matched although Spider-Man got hit with both Viewtiful God Hand and Mach Speed.

Trish vs. Felica was kind of a even fight although I'm surprised Trish managed to dodge Dancing Flash.

Dante vs. Deadpool that one nearly destroyed the abandoned lab both teams were investigating.

It only ended in tie because the trio of Iron Man, Chris, and Amatretsu managed to get things calmed down.

5/13/2011 #13
Doctor Deadpool

Awesome. Anyway, I just had an idea-

What do you think of Deadpool saving Crimson Viper's daughter from a sentinel, and going on a quest to find the girls mother (whom he doesn't know)?

5/15/2011 #14
Gamer165

That would be funny. Cause If I remember in the comics Crimson Viper was teamed up with Captain America and Nathan Spencer. And knowing Deadpool he would probaly break the fourth wall and tell Crimson Viper he is a huge fan of Street Fighter IV and tell Spencer about how he misses the old 1980s version of Bionic Cammando.

5/19/2011 #15
Doctor Deadpool

When you write a Deadpool story, you have to be carefull about how you break the fourth wall. Do it too much and it gets old. I prefer to do it subtly.

5/19/2011 #16
Gamer165

True that is true.

5/21/2011 #17
Doctor Deadpool

You have to have a reason. Just breaking the fourth wall isn't enough. Here's an example:

"Why do people think I'm crazy? It's not like I'm the only comic book character in the room wearing spandex. I mean look at Thor's helmet- LOOK AT IT! It's so stupid."

"I say the nay, mercenary!" Thor replies, "You are a fool- a jester who has lost thy wits and are thus removed from reality in thine own mind! Doubly so for insulting the son of Odin!"

"A guy who can fly and shoot lightning out of his armpits is giving me a lecture about reality. Fantastic."

I've always thought the reason Deadpool thinks he's in a comic book isn't because he can see into the real world. It's because where else do people fly, heal from any injury, and shoot energy out of their eyes? Comic books and video games. I think he just came to a very rational conclusion one day.

5/21/2011 #18
sonicsucks12

Since when did this happen in the games, and the comic? I never got a comic in my case.

9/12/2011 #19
Doctor Deadpool

I'm sure it happens in the game all the time.

As for the comic, it was just some promotional thing. I haven't actually read it myself.

9/12/2011 #20
Forum Moderators: Gamer165
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member