A Soul's Hope
Who should Wanderer be with and why? Ian? Nate? Kyle? Give me myour feedback
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Nancy LeBrun

This was Piper's review:

Uh, what? Victoria and Blake? Wow, Tori, going for the younger guys. Oh, well. What REALLY bothered me (Or more so, I was disgusted with Nate) was this whole Nate/Tori thing. I mean, they are good together let me tell you that. This just brings up the whole who-should-Wanda-be-with arguement again. Ian, who had a lover in the mountains (Holly) never hooked up with her, not even once, when Wanda was gone. Same when he was back in the cave. He slept with no one, period, but now while Wanda is gone, Tori soothes Nate's broken heart? It's this that I am disgusted about, it's the fact that the two of them love someone else, but they sleep together. That's what disgusts me. I think Tori should go tell Blake that she loves him. And Nate, well... I don't know, but he should move on. Doesn't mean stop loving Wanda, but not stick with the past. Because, if he keeps looking at the past, he'll live with his life at 70% loss. Anyways, I wasn't hating on Nate! Like I said, Nate isn't a bad guy! ~Pipes

This was Ladaanes review:

Ahhhh. I have so many things to say. First of all, I really really really hope that Nate doesn't fall for Victoria. I know I've considered that idea before, but I really really don't like the idea of Nate with anyone but Wanda. and for some reason, Tori really annoyed me in this chapter. She was leading on Nate but also flirting with Blake? That makes no sense. So please please please please please please don't tell me that Nate ends up falling for Victoria. I know they've been sleeping together but I hope that's just out of loneliness because, sorry Nancy, but I hate the idea of NAte and Tori. Also I'm pretty sure that she's taller than him, and that's just another reason I guess. But I really hope that when Nate was flirting with Wanda at the end he wasn't doing it to make Tori jealous. On the other hand, I like the idea of Tori with Blake, actually. But the one thing I have to sympathize with Tori is when she said that Wanda is pushing Nate to date Holly. I don't think Wanda should do that. And the other thing is that the wedding is nearing! That means the end of Nate/Wanda, which =sad me. :( I know Nate and Wanda aren't gonna end up together, but hey, as Nate said before, a girl can dream, can't she? :) 4/13/2011 #1
Nancy LeBrun

Piper,

(Ladaane, here is the part where I stick up for Nate). Ian didn't sleep with Holly because the first time he was at the mountain, HE SENT HER AWAY. He held the relationship in his hand and he knew it. She told Nate that she chose Ian and yet Ian refused to return to her. SO, even though Ian had nom intentions on cheating on her, he knew she loved him and that she wanted him back.

Now on the subject of Nate, He didn't sleep with Victoria until it was clear that she couldn't give herself to him.

Piper, Nate is not a teenager. He was in college 6 years ago when the takeover happened. That means he is about the same age as Ian and Ian just turned 26. And I'm sure he's not a virgin. The way you think is the way a virgin thinks. Sex is not a prize to be held until your wedding night, at least not in my eyes. Sex is pleasuable, enjoyable, and a great stress reliever at the very least. Victoria made it pretty clear that Nate was a broken man when she gave herself to him and she made it pretty clear that they needed each other. Using sex to mend a broken heart is not disgusting. Until you can understand the intense physical pleasure the body experiences during sex, you can't understand any of what Nate or Tori might feel towards each other. They may not love each other but it doesn't mean that they don't respect each other or care about each other.

That's my mtake on Nate's disgusting need for Tori.-NL

4/13/2011 #2
Nancy LeBrun

Ladaane,

Yes, you were the first one to mention that Nate should hook up with Victoria. You are the one who scares me because I feel like you are reading my mind. As you know, I wrote this book over a year ago and yet you keep coming up with plot libes and I can't say ANYTHING!

You make me smile when I see your correct guesses.

And yes, Tori is taller than Nate. At 6' she is an amazon and Nate is only 5'10. (Actually Hal is only 5'9")

and yes Piper, Tori likes the younger Blake but she is afraid to make a move because he is so young. At 24, She would be almost 7 years older than him. Rob the cradle? ahem..I am 5 1/2 years older than my husband.

The next chapter is one of my favorites.-NL

4/13/2011 #3
Nancy LeBrun

Magical Nikky and Brightmoon,

As far as your comments: "I hope Wanderer doesn't do anything stupid over the Nate/Tori thing"

My answer is: She's 17. Of course she's going to do something stupid! That's like any show on TV where the guy says to the girl "Stay here" because he is about to enter into a dangerous situation. We all know she's going in right behind him and she's going to screw up everything!-NL

4/13/2011 #4
Leiaa768

Hey Nancy,

I know! When I read the chapter, I was shocked that my guess was right. I guess we think alike. :) I hope my other guess is right and that Nate does not fall in love with Tori. Please. I know I thought of this before, but I do not like it. Nate/Wanda all the way! Even though I know it's not gonna happen. Sigh. :( sad ladaane. :(

Now I keep wondering what Wanda is going to do. Is she going to kiss Nate again? Then blurt to Ian, and postpone the wedding? Again? I don't know. The only thing that somewhat was strange to me was how rude Tori was being to Wanda. I mean in the beginning when she was practically ignoring her. At first I thought that maybe she does like Nate, but then I just read this forum and realized that she probably just cares about/respects Nate, but isn't in love with him. At least I really really really really hope not.

But I must say that I love the idea of Tori/Blake together! I know she's older than him, but that couple just appeals to me. And as you know, I don't like Nate with anyone but Wanda. :)

But I was wondering .. .I was rereading the chapter (I know, I'm a dork) and at the end, Ian said something to Wanderer something about how Nate and he weren't the only ones who thought Wanda was beautiful. I don't know why, but this line just stuck with me. I've been thinking about it (yes I think about your story even when I'm not reading it, I know, dork again . . . ) but I got this random crazy idea about Blake being attracted to Wanderer. I know it's crazy and not going to happen because he's shown no sign of this but I was just thinking about how they are the exact same age and that if Tori realized Blake like Wanda, it would create a lot of drama.

Anyway, til tomorrow! Hopefully you are updating tomorrow. Seriously. I can't wait to see how Wanda behaves stupidly. :)

love,

ladaane :)

4/13/2011 #5
Thegirlwholivedtwice
Wanda's body is 17 but wanderer the soul is thousands years old and as far as I know the soul is in control of body not the other way around, hence I don't expect her to behave like silly 17 or now almost 18 years old teenager.
4/14/2011 #6
Nancy LeBrun

Ladaane and Brightmoon,

Ladaane, you always come up with the most interesting concepts. It is true that Blake and Wanderer are closer in age than anyone in the caverns or the mountain, but keep in mind that Ian, Blake's hero is Wanderer's man and Wanderer has a tendency to treat the 'kis' on the mountain as if she were older than each of them. While it is totally possible that he would have a crush on her, I seriously don't think he would act on it. If anything, he might tell the wrong person, like big mouth Sarah.

As far as Victoria being mean to Wanderer. Let us remember that Victoria is a 'protector' by nature. So whether or not she is 'in love' with Nate, she would still beprotective of him. Again, we did not see what kind of shape Wanderer left Nate in. If you recall in the first phone call she made to Nate on the mountain.

"You know, I think you could push out twenty kids and you'd still be beautiful."

"Twenty kids, Nate? Come on. Don't even wish that on me."

"Well some of them would be mine of course."

"That's not even funny. You know you are not so bad looking yourself," I reminded him.

"Thou doest flatter me, milady."

"You seem to be in a good mood."

"That's only because I'm talking to you. The rest of the time is a very good fa├žade, but you sound happy."

I believe that Nate was telloing the truth here. He was terribly hurt when she chose Ian.

Now as for that last line that you seem to have a burning question about.

We went to bed and although we didn't make love we kissed each other a lot and laughed. "You are so beautiful, you know that?"

"That's the beer talking."

"Right and without that one beer you would be just all right. Do you think your other boyfriend is the only one who thinks you are beautiful?"

Again I believe that Ian was talking about the fact that Nate always reminds Wanderer that she is beautiful even to the point that it is her nickname.

Hope I answered your questions princess! lobve ya!-NL

4/14/2011 #7
Nancy LeBrun

Brightmoon,

You bring up an interesting point about Wanderer controling her body. BUT even at 10,000 years old, can she control these new emotions that are attributes of the humans? I think that is the reason many of the souls have been willing to leave the planet and go somewhere else where life is simpler and without the drama that comes with human emotions. Wanderer on the other hand seems to embrace these emotions because the strongest emotion is love and she loves freely. And with love comes jealousy and this is why I say that Wanderer will do something stupid. As I said, The next chapter is one of my favorites.

Ian lovers will just love Ian all the more. He proves yet again that he is a changed man.

Love ya!-NL

4/14/2011 #8
Leiaa768

Well all I need is Tori and Nate not to be in love with each other. Seriously, that will kill me. That couple just really annoys me.

I think it would be really cute if Blake had a crush on Wanda. How would Ian react to one of "his kids" liking his gf? ANd how would Tori react? It would create a lot of drama.

But once again, you have to feel bad for Nate. He was incredibly hurt. But he's still in love with Wanda, right? Please please not Tori. Like I said, I hate that couple. I know hate is a strong word, Nancy, but you have no idea how much I just don't want that to happen. Tori,Blake. Sure. Just not Tori/Nate.

But will you please please consider my idea of writing an alternate ending for Nate/Wanda? Pretty please? *begs with pouting eyes* It would make me so happy. :)

Love,

ladaane

p.s.-When you gonna update? :)

4/14/2011 #9
Nancy LeBrun

Ladaane,

Have you read the end of the book? You don't know that Ian ends up with Wanderer. He could meet with an unfortunate accident. After all, This is MY story. hehehe-NL

4/14/2011 #10
Leiaa768

Yes, I know it is your story but I also know that Ian is going to end up with Wanderer. You and all the other readers love him way too much to not have him be with Wanderer. I just know it. :(

And I definitely know he's not going to meet with an unfortunate accident. You know that would kill all the other readers.

love ya,

ladaane :)

4/14/2011 #11
Nancy LeBrun

Ladaane,

What if Wanderer had Nate's baby?

4/14/2011 #12
Leiaa768

There is no way for that to even happen, though. Wanda would never have sex with Nate, since she loves Ian so much. And I just know she's gonna end up with Ian.

One day, I had this crazy theory that Ian's gonna die and he'll tell her to be happy and she'll be with Nate, but pregnant with Ian's baby. Isn't that just crazy? Wild, I know. I don't know how I came up with that.

But I do know that Wanda and Ian will end up together. :(

ladaane

4/14/2011 #13
Nancy LeBrun

Ladaane,

What if? Wanderer was married to Ian for a few years and they get into some helatios argument and Ian walks away? She thinks the marriage is over and of course the guy right there to pick up the peices would be Nate as always. She's older now and maybe more vulnerable than before. They have one night of passion before Ian crawls back to her apologizing for his stupidity but the deed is done. He wouldn't know the baby wasn't his until it's born. Remember the line:

"You know, I think you could push out twenty kids and you'd still be beautiful."

"Twenty kids, Nate? Come on. Don't even wish that on me."

"Well some of them would be mine of course."

Yeah, it's like that.-NL

4/14/2011 #14
Leiaa768

I think there are a lot of What ifs and so many things could honestly happen, but I think in your actual story, Wanderer ends up with Ian. I mean that's what so many people want and I imagine that's what you want as well. But it makes me sad. No Nate/Wanda. :(

ladaane

4/14/2011 #15
KiramekiUtau

Ladaane and Nancy,

Wow, it took me a hell lot of forever to read over everyone's opinions.

Ah, so anyways. I agree with Ladaane; there are a lot of what ifs. We could even consider that Jeb and Wanda got together (Okay, I've pushed the limit a bit, but I'm just sayin') for all everyone else knows other than Nancy. However, I am on the I/W team, and I want them together, you guys know that. Nate's snarky remarks in this chapter annoyed me a lot, but honestly, Tori annoyed me even more. I agree with Ladaane on the no Tori/Nate part. I don't like that couple either, they... I don't know, annoy me greatly. I understand that Nate will not stop loving Wanda, but he should at least TRY moving on. Nate reminds me of Jacob in Twilight (I hate that I am making this comparison, since I am a Twi-hater... But I still love SM's books!). He needs to at least try, like I said, and Jacob even though he still loved Bella, he tried.

~Pipes

4/15/2011 . Edited 4/15/2011 #16
Nancy LeBrun

Pipes,

Boy can you say CON TRA DIC TION? In one breath you say no Nate and Tori but in the other breath you are saying that Nate needs to move on. Um, last time I checked the fact that he is sleeping with Tori is his way of at least dealing with his broken heart. Anyway, I am going to post the next chapter tonight EVEN THOUGH my darn traffic page is completely useless. According to the traffic, not one person has read one chapter of my story since Wednesday evening some time before 9 PM EST. If you can bellieve that, then you should be a Wanda/Jeb fan! I'm beyond frustrated over this. I've sent several e-mails to the support people. I think they are just ignoring me now. Is anyone else having this trouble? Or is it just me that they choose to infuriate?

Anyhow, I kinda hope you read this post before you hit the next chapter because I am sure it will rip open a whole new can of worms.

PS: Do you like the new pic of Nate I have posted on my profile? I did it for Katherine's B*** since she is apparently NOT a fan of facial hair. (Hal is so.....sigh)

Love ya!-NL

4/15/2011 #17
Leiaa768

Oh my gosh Nancy, Hal is sooooo handsome. I think he looks better than the guy you posted for Ian, just my opinion. Sooooo handsome. :)

anyway, wonder what will happen next!

love,

ladaane

and your traffic page is definitely not working, because I've reread so many chapters since Wed. Seriously just what I've done should have sky rocketed your record of chapters read.

4/15/2011 #18
Nancy LeBrun

Ladaane,

About Hal, I know. About my traffic, I know. Gettin' ready to post chapter 35. Savor it.-NL

4/15/2011 #19
Nancy LeBrun

To all,

In my Chpater 35 review, GoldGirl said:

Wanderer is finally feeling the jealousy that Ian and Nate feel everyday when they see her with the other man. I like it. She needed a good healthy dose. I know she had problems with Holly in the past but this was just as bad if not worse. And I am flashier Ian helped to point this issue out to her. Now she knows how he feels. My answer to that is this: I think Ian is coming to terms with Wanderer and Nate. He knows that Wanderer loves Nate but Ian also knows that Wanderer loves him so much and she has proven it time and again. Their relationship is pretty solid at this point. So, I hope eveyone is happy about it. Except for Ladaane of course. Sorry sweetheart!-NL 4/16/2011 #20
Leiaa768

I know. I think I am the only one who is sad. What would make me even sadder is if Nate and Tori actually fall in love, so I really really really hope that will not happen.

Will you please please consider writing, like a, 1 chapter alternate ending? Pretty please?

ladaane

4/16/2011 #21
Nancy LeBrun

Ladaane,

Actually Brightmoon shares you views. I just can't seem to get her on the forum. -NL

4/16/2011 #22
KiramekiUtau

Nancy,

Yeah, that's true! And Ian loves her a lot too; he would give up his body for her.

Ladaane,

Of course, you know, that I love I/W but I too hope that Tori and Nate do not fall in love. It's... I don't know! When two people love each other, you have to love each other more than you love others. With Nate loving Wanda, and Tori loving Blake, that's near to impossible!

~Pipes

4/17/2011 #23
Forum Moderators: Nancy LeBrun
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member