Challenges
A place to issue story challenges, e.g. prompts.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Lady Dudley

I don't know if any of you have heard of the "30 Day Song Challenge" on Facebook, but one of my friends has been part of it so I went to check it out. The basic premise is that you need to post a different song for each other days and I thought that maybe we could do the same with fanfic?

My basic idea is: -A drabble a day for the whole 30 days. However, you can write them in advance if this helps and, I know life sometime intervenes, so I'm not going to be too strict about posting: but no longer than two days (and it would be good if you could catch up) -You must do the song suggestions in order -The song does not have to be referenced directly (i.e. it could be the title, the basic idea behind the drabble or you can use it in your story (someone might sing it for example): it just needs to be referenced somehow) -It would probably work best to use each day as a separate chapter, however, you don't have to stick to the same characters/pairings for the whole challenge and they do not need to form a complete story (unless you want to)

I will probably be starting in August as I know I won't be around much for the rest of June-July, plus I don't want to interrupt the current challenge. No one else has to join me, I just thought it might be fun (and if you all know that's what I'm doing you can keep me honest! :P). The song 'prompts' from Facebook are listed below if you're interested :) (And feel free to start before I do: I'd love to see what people come up with!)

LD x

day 01 - your favourite song day 02 - your least favourite song day 03 - a song that makes you happy day 04 - a song that makes you sad day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event day 08 - a song that you know all the words to day 09 - a song that you can dance to day 10 - a song that makes you fall asleep day 11 - a song from your favourite band day 12 - a song from a band you hate day 13 - a song that is a guilty pleasure day 14 - a song that no one would expect you to love day 15 - a song that describes you day 16 - a song that you used to love but now hate day 17 - a song that you hear often on the radio day 18 - a song that you wish you heard on the radio day 19 - a song from your favourite album day 20 - a song that you listen to when you're angry day 21 - a song that you listen to when you're happy day 22 - a song that you listen to when you're sad day 23 - a song that you want to play at your wedding day 24 - a song that you want to play at your funeral day 25 - a song that makes you laugh day 26 - a song that you can play on an instrument day 27 - a song that you wish you could play day 28 - a song that makes you feel guilty day 29 - a song from your childhood day 30 - your favourite song at this time last year

6/8/2011 #1
FreekyDisaster18

Hey lovely!

This sounds like a mega idea and I shall most definitely will take part! I will start it a.s.a.o! :)

6/28/2011 #2
AlternativeRocker

Ooo now this is a fabby idea. I have no idea if I will ever manage it (maybe I'll start sometime in July since it'll be summer break...) but I think I'll give it a go! :D

6/29/2011 #3
basketcase1880

I'm in. May be a while before I post, though, since I'm working on another couple of stories. So I may write the chapters and post them before September.

September will definitely be my deadline as I start third year of uni then and I need to buckle down since I go into depth with my degree then.

Laura xx.

6/29/2011 #4
Lady Dudley

Yay! I'm really excited that people have decided to join me :)

Oh, and I realised that I forgot to mention that it each post doesn't have to be a drabble, it can be longer. I just thought drabbles might be easiest?

Looking forward to it! :D

x

6/29/2011 #5
AlternativeRocker

Starting mine today since my summer break has reached whole new levels of boredom. Mine are all going to be between one and two hundred words I think. :) And some of the pairings I've got in them... I should never move away from Robbie/Jackie judged on which others I love more *cough* Stuart/Jackie *cough*

7/5/2011 #6
rosie ross

Hi

Have submitted my first ever fan fiction, so please review nicely :-). Hope you like the title and content.

Rosie xx

7/6/2011 #7
Simplyobsessed-1

Helen, do you want to do a combined one?

And I'm excited to read everyone's entries!

7/7/2011 #8
newyork24-7

I love this idea!

And I'm loving the entries so far.

I don't know if I'm going to do it though, got a lot coming up. So I was hoping I could get away with doing a collection of oneshots based around songs but not around the challenge?

7/22/2011 #9
AlternativeRocker

I know I'm not the person in charge of the challenge but I think we just want people to get writing so whatever you want to do should be fine. :)

7/22/2011 #10
Lady Dudley

Absolutely!! You may just want to note that you're not 'officially' part of the challenge, just for people who may not have read the forum stuff :) Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!

7/22/2011 #11
FreekyDisaster18

Hey guys, I just wanted to apologise for my lack of writing recently but I've been AWOL without a laptop. I promise to catch up. However, I have most definitely enjoyed reading the stories that you have all updated and can't wait for more!

7/23/2011 #12
FreekyDisaster18

Hey guys, I just wanted to apologise for my lack of writing recently but I've been AWOL without a laptop. I promise to catch up. However, I have most definitely enjoyed reading the stories that you have all updated and can't wait for more!

7/23/2011 #13
newyork24-7

I'll get started soon then :)

Will probably wait till I've got Tale of the Unexpected finished, I find if I run more than 2 stories at the same time I just lose all focus lol.

Still loving the stories we've been getting through the prompts :)

7/25/2011 #14
Chellen

Helen and Chelle here on the joint account to say that we'll be trying to do the odd song or all the thirty days. We will make sure that it's clearly stated that we're not actually taking part in the challenge! :)

7/26/2011 #15
Forum Moderators: newyork24-7
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member