RIP Brian Jacques
In respects to the great creator all things Redwall, I decided that we needed to have a *special* forum dedicated to Brian Jacques. So for all you faithful followers to our fallen hero, I say come and express your love, sadness, and memories to all of us.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Knight of Renaissance Light

Here you can give your fond "fare thee well"'s to our favorite authors, so pour it all out. Trust me, writing a "goodbye letter" to the deceased can help, because though they're no longer around physically, their spirit still looms over the world. So B.J. could still be watching over his followers and fans with his best interest.

2/9/2011 #1
Demonwolf

I'll be reading a tribute poem to him on Feb. 13 at a reading I'm going to. I can post it here, if that'd be okay.

2/12/2011 #2

Yes, of course you may! This is what the forum's about: honoring the late Brian Jacques with pride! In fact, I would be honored to hear it; I'll even bet that B.J. would too, if he were still alive today.

2/13/2011 #3
Demonwolf

Here it is:

The Heart Goes On Good-bye, noble warrior Friend to old and young alike. With your passing, you have broken our hearts, Bowed our heads, and brought tears to our eyes. The Dark Forest has claimed you, But you are not gone. You live on forever in our memories And in the immortal words you crafted. In time our hearts will heal, and there you'll be. Farewell, friend. The hearts of your readers still beat And your words still inspire. Always.

2/13/2011 #4

Beautiful...simply beautiful! That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for! But I wonder if there are others who have the same idea as yourself. Could you spread this around Fanfiction.net about this forum? That is, if you could, I mean.

2/14/2011 #5
Demonwolf

I'll do whatever I can. I have a post on my profile about Mr. Jacques's passing. I'll update it and let people know about the forum.

2/14/2011 #6
Zalden the Maniac

do you know about the troll on fanfiction? he calls himself Barrias Mequex, stealing off of my name, story, and his original pen name is Labrunum steelfang, he has been posting innapropriate pictures on his avatar, and his stories are just about the same. he has also been making fun of Brian Jacques even been said to "spit on his grave" if you wish to help me fight off this offender, just pm me

8/31/2011 #7
allthingsbright

I was boiling mad when he did that. :( @Barias Meqquex, what would helping you fight him off include?

9/5/2011 #8
v.ren55

I'm trying to organize an annual memorial competition of fanfiction to commemorate Brian Jacques passing. Please come and contribute your ideas. I wish that this competition can become an annual event that will strengthen the Redwall Fanfiction community and continue Brian Jacques legacy. http://forum.fanfiction.net/forum/Annual_Brian_Jacques_Memorial_Competition/104864/

2/6/2012 #9
Forum Moderators: Knight of Renaissance Light
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member