Truth Series Veronica Mars Forum
Since I get questions from several people at once and seem to have long Author's notes at the end of each chapter I'm going to try this instead. I'll post answers to common questions, my thought process for doing something that readers are either loving/
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
jenwin23

A reader PMed me asking about where I get my quotes...

...it depends on where I was in the story. When I first started writing I knew Logan should be able to spout off pithy pop culture and obscure quotes, but that's not a natural thing to me. I don't quote. I do, however, research. I thought about what shows and movies Logan would like and searched for quotes on the internet.

Later once I got them into more serious situations, the quotes changed and I would search for one to match the situation. Then once I made Logan a lover of all things French I started looking for quotes in French and by French authors, poets, and intelligentsia.

Veronica's quotes just pop up randomly, it might have been one I researched for Logan that now works for V. Or scene specific. I gave Dick some quotes too, just for fun.

There are lots of internet sites, and IMBD has quotes for shows and movies.

Bridging her first and second question...(teaser for Playing Hide and Seek with the Truth) I've been watching a lot of criminal minds and the new story will have a lot of the same quotes that they use.

12/16/2011 #1
Forum Moderators: jenwin23
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member