The Mechanics of In Flight
One of my reviewers mentioned the idea of starting a forum for those who want to debate various points of my story without clogging up the review section too much. I decided to go ahead and give it a try.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »
Shioran Toushin

Kyugan's Herwald's while is an example of how you should try to do a cross, IMHO it is still crap, sorry but that is my opinion on how he choose to make the crossover, the nature of magic, the character developement and the whole plot.

Ilya acting like an adult is canon, Why? because technically she IS an adult trapped in an homunculous created loli body, harry, sorry Herwald have no such excuse, more mature, yes, colder, hell yes, more ruthless of course and expected as he grew up with Magi. but behaving like an adult is pure crap, even if you have all the experience of the world, tragic things that made you 'grow up' etc. your body and it's functions, and chronological and biological experience means that you won't think like an adult because of the fucking damned brain chemestry and hormone developements are not the fucking same.

its bounds above the other crap, but it' is still bad IMHO and i admit that some of you would consider it good and great for the same or completely different reasons and motives. this is a personal opinion and i would welcome a discussion about why you percieve im wrong on that.

OTOH I like Kyugan Code Geass stories, but his F/SNxHP were poorly excecuted.

10/30/2011 #151
Lycodrake

@Shioran: Well, I honestly realize that it's not *all that great*, but, like you said, "it's bounds above the other crap". Personally, I would go about the crossover a whole different way.

10/30/2011 #152
Silver Sun 17

hey i'm trying to design a mystic code for harry, anyone have ideas for names or know anything about Nasuverese formal craft?

10/30/2011 #153
Lycodrake

@SS17: By "mystic code" do you mean "aria", or something else?

10/30/2011 #154
Silver Sun 17

as in a physical object the EC will help Harry make as a focus for his battle transfiguration in the Harry and Aya stories.

10/30/2011 #155
throwaawy

@ss17

random thought: his firebolt.

this. is. my. BROOMSTICK! *boom*

if he turned it into his magical focus, would he be able to aerial dogfight?

10/30/2011 #156
Lycodrake

@SS17: Well, if it were my choice, I'd think something like this: . OR, a shorter version that is more of a mix between a short sword or dagger and a wand...

10/30/2011 #157
Silver Sun 17

are two form codes possible? if so Harry could have a armored glove (can't spell the actual name for that type of armor) as the first form and a staff based on the one you gave a link to as a second form

10/30/2011 #158
Lycodrake

@SS17: I honestly don't know if two form codes are possible, though I kind of like the idea. Not sure about a glove, though, unless you were able to specify. Do you have a picture or link to one?

10/30/2011 #159
Silver Sun 17

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=ed%27s+automail+arm&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1366&bih=622&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=RY-3wSWplxtB_M:&imgrefurl=http://www.freewebs.com/wanderingrurouni/episodesummaries.htm&docid=myMq6IU4OZoMaM&imgurl=http://www.freewebs.com/wanderingrurouni/81.jpg&w=1280&h=960&ei=mwauTs6SFuehiQLsj6WaCw&zoom=1

ed's arm from the elbow down as gauntlet (remembered the term)

have in idea for how this comes about that i can putt up as snippet soon.

10/30/2011 #160
Lycodrake

@SS17: Well, sounds like an interesting idea, but would Harry be losing an arm to get it or what?

10/30/2011 #161
Shioran Toushin

A Mystic Code (礼装, reisō?) is a support weapon that an adult magus carries as a magical artifact. There are two general types of Mystic Codes. The first kind functions as an amplifier. They are an orthodox Mystic Code for support, that can be used for prana amplification or storage, prepared to strengthen a spell. Tohsaka Rin's jewelry and Kokutou Azaka's salamander glove are of that kind. The other type is a Mystic Code that have a predetermined usage. They are activated with the magus's prana and can perform a given mystery as long as it is supplied with energy. It becomes a spell in itself; many of the Noble Phantasms of Servants are usually of this type. Their usage is unique, so they aren't really generic, but this also means they can be tremendously efficient in what they do. A regular Mystic Code wouldn't be much of a weapon against Dark Sakura, but the jeweled blade Zelretch, which is the latter type, is kind of a foul play as it can start up the Second Magic. Emiya Kiritsugu's Mystic Code is a pistol, a Thompson Contender. Kayneth Archibald El-Melloi's is the Volumen Hydragyrum. The Tohsaka family uses jewels, following the teaching of their master Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg.

they are just artifacts/tatoos/things that are premade spells.

Conceptual Weapons OTOH are a little bit more special.

10/30/2011 #162
Silver Sun 17

it would be worn as armor over his arm, I'll get that snippit up soon on the EC thread.

10/30/2011 #163
kinglugia

I thought the implanted Magic Circuits is already a Mystic Code.

10/31/2011 #164
Silver Sun 17

thats a magic crest

10/31/2011 #165
Shioran Toushin

Crests can't be classified as Codes because they are actually grafted in the body to become a part of it.

10/31/2011 #166
kinglugia

Well then, Herwald can create a Mystic Code by himself using alchemy. He did so during the fight with the troll. And what about the fake Philosopher's stone?

11/1/2011 #167
Lycodrake

@kinglugia: We're focusing on the EC pairing of Harry/Aya, and what weapon or equipment Harry would have, not on kyugan's Herwald fics...

11/1/2011 . Edited 11/1/2011 #168
Shioran Toushin

i held too much dislike for Kyugan's Herwald character and stories to bother trying to develop a MC for him, OTOH EC Harry needs all tha help he cna get, especially as he is now involved in this eldrich craziness.

MC no.1: the artillery code that we were talking about a few pages back AKA spear, freeze and barbacue.

MC no2. Shield glove wich like the name implies can project a solid barrier like Volumen Hydrargyum and become a bladed gauntlet and powered by Aya and with the help of Tohsaka Magecraft (Jewels) can become a low powered cannon (compared to NPs anyway).

11/1/2011 #169
lhklan The Unpronounceable

At this point, kyugan's Herwald is too strong already. Giving him a MC would be like giving Sasuke the Rinnegan.

Wait, which part did SS17 uses? I remember asking him about it, and he said that it would be something along the line of "wearing Edward Elric's automail arm as a glove/a gauntlet with a few twist".

11/1/2011 #170
Silver Sun 17

form 1: Gauntlet (amplify transfiguration effects)

from 2: mix of a spear and staff (will use a transfiguration spell worked into the code to shift between modes. this form amplifys Harry's spells outside of tranfiguration

11/1/2011 #171

@SS17

Spear and staff? Hey, does that mean that EC now got an legitimate reason to summon Lancer?

11/1/2011 #172
Lycodrake

@lhklan:Well, Lancer was summoned to help Gil, but he barely lasted a day.

Also here's a link to the weapon I suggested to SS17, which I think he's using:

11/1/2011 #173
Silver Sun 17

sadly no. the bladed staff from his going to put the emphisiss on long range combat with the blade as final line of deffinces (also the blade will be designed for cutting not stabing. and it was inspired by the link from lycodrake

11/1/2011 #174

@SS17

Ah, right. So he's using that to channel magic,replacing his wand, right? And occasionaly take a pot shot at whoever got too close.

11/1/2011 #175
Silver Sun 17

right, though he will keep the wand to mainatain apperances. also i need a name for the code.

11/1/2011 #176
Lycodrake

@SS17: Any specific sort of name you're looking for?

11/1/2011 #177
Silver Sun 17

something related to the effects but won't raise eyebrows with the stick wavers.

11/1/2011 #178
Lycodrake

@SS17: So would this be a single word, a phrase, or a chant? In English or another language?

Sorry, I don't know much about Nasuverse codes and the like.

11/1/2011 #179
Silver Sun 17

neither do I, but it would a word or phrase, in Latin or English to keep from drawing attention if it is mentioned

11/1/2011 #180
« Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: gabriel blessing Obiki Doragon, Mu-Sensei
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member