The Mechanics of In Flight
One of my reviewers mentioned the idea of starting a forum for those who want to debate various points of my story without clogging up the review section too much. I decided to go ahead and give it a try.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 53 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 73 .. Last Next »
kittybear

@shadowzerover5

Damn you! Now I need to play this game.

Hopefully it distracts me from Punching my monitor because VBox is not working properly...

BTW how long is the game?

6/30/2011 #1,861
shadowzerover5

Which ones? There are three already? I'm already 20hrs in and only in the first 2/5 of the second game with only about 5 to 8 battles per dungeon that is a lot of story.

AT is like a dating sim for your PS2.

But if you are not a completionist and only want to see the story and take all routes (the first game alone has 5 endings) the first can be done in 40 hrs with 2 saves since you need at least that to see the other two endings depending on your answers or which girl you choose.

The first ending (per girl) is determined early on while the last one is very easy to get depending on your choice.

If you choose to end the game early you get 1 ending, end the game later you can get the second ending for the that girl and the ending of the third girl. Then reload the other save and play the other girls route. But the third girl is always available if you choose to save her in any of the other two heroines routes

6/30/2011 #1,862
throwaawy

...stop taunting me with your ability to link... it makes me remember TFF hates me.

@Obiki Doragon

about the uniforms, that's because EXCEPT for Takeshi, Chiyo, and the imported chars, we had no idea where they went to school. the uniforms for the rest are either generic or homurabara - as you noticed... which actually may not make sense either. (AFAIK Fuyuki is it's own city, and not a prefecture of Shin-Tokyo -- which is where the mansion is, right?)

---

@Morrigane

it would have been interesting, but i'll second her being a visitor to. i suppose that leaves the only people not on the datasheet as wives would be Luvia and Bazett?

...actually where does that leave Mizuho, Tearju, Mikado-sensei, also just canon 'guests'?

6/30/2011 . Edited 6/30/2011 #1,863
Mu-Sensei

We never married Mizuho, and Mikado-sensei is the house nurse (along with Chiho), and the girls made sure to keep her interactions with Shirou veeery limited...

On another stray though, I think Kaien will find Kyouko (to-love-ru) his/her soulmate, what do you all think?

6/30/2011 #1,864
throwaawy

...isnt she super yandere?

6/30/2011 #1,865
HubiKoshi

Keiko grinned as she tore the wrappings off her birthday gift. Sure her birthday was a week ago and Grandpa Zelretch was a bit late but she didn't mind. Especially when she saw what was inside the box. A large, bulky assault rifle, bigger than anything she have ever seen and she have seen a lot of guns. Well Grandpa said he brought it from some other time and place so. She hefted the weapon and had to reinforce herself, the thing was really heavy. She peered into the box, there was a number of boxes with shells inside, much larger than she was used to, on each box a description in some strange language.

She shrugged, she'll have time to check what's in each box later, now she grabbed one of the clips and pocketed it, it wouldn't be a good idea to run around with loaded weapon.

A minute later she was on the shooting range, one of the targets around 100 meters away from her. She shoved the clip into the gun and took the weapon in both hands, aiming carefully. She thumbed the safety, arming the gun, double checked her aim, and pulled the trigger.

And landed on her ass as the gun kicked her like a horse, the thunder of the gun almost deafening her.

"Ouch what kind of stuff does this gun shoot"

She complained getting up and massaging her bottom, and then looked at the target to check if she hit despite the shock. And blinked.

It took her a moment to process what she was seeing, or to be more precise, what she didn't see. 100 meters away, where the target should have been there was nothing. Just some pieces of the target laying around, and a small crater on the ground.

She took a closer look on the gun, on its side a reversed omega sign, over it the word "Ultra". She grinned

"You and I are going to have SO much fun.

6/30/2011 . Edited 6/30/2011 #1,866
Kreyn
@HubiKoshi: And I already predict long hours of headache and long list of damages to cover for Shirou
6/30/2011 #1,867
HubiKoshi

@Kreyn

[chuckles] Well luckily for Shirou the gun and ammo is a bit too complicated for just any guy to replicate.

6/30/2011 #1,868
Trooper1023

@ Hubi

O.o What kind of gun did you give her!?!?

6/30/2011 #1,869
HubiKoshi

@Trooper1023

Well my friend, allow me to introduce you to the Standard Weapon of Adeptus Astartes, The Bolter

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Bolter

The world is lucky I didn't include the Chainsword in her birthday gift...

6/30/2011 . Edited 6/30/2011 #1,870
Mu-Sensei

@throwaawy: To-Love-ru have most of the heroine archetypes:

Yami: Kuudere/Tsundere

Yui, Nana, Kyouko: Tsundere

Momo: Yandere

Haruna, Oshizu: Moe

Lala, Rika, Run: Ecchi

So he is weeelll served...

@Hubikoshi: They're lucky to have MBI and Golden Rule...

6/30/2011 #1,871
Trooper1023

I just noticed something... WHERE ARE THE OMAKES FOR KIRITSUGU!?! Has anybody worked on him? Who created his character anyway?

6/30/2011 #1,872
Mu-Sensei

That would be me, but he only appeared briefly on earlier works... I can't write him properly, thus the lack of omakes...

6/30/2011 #1,873
Trooper1023

That sucks. Never developed a deeper character concept for him than the minimal description in the Data Sheet? maybe try to further Kiri's description of his personality? See if you can encourage someone else to take over?

@ the To-Love-Ru stuff

Yami meets Fate. Cue total confusion.

6/30/2011 . Edited 6/30/2011 #1,874
HubiKoshi

@Trooper1023

Yami-chan meets Fate, and offers her a Taiyaki, Fate shyly accepts and they quietly munch on their respective taiyakis while sitting on a bench. The world explodes from moe overload.

6/30/2011 #1,875
Trooper1023

No, no. What happens is that Nanoha, Shinta, Yuuno, and Hayate all faint from explosive nosebleeds. But yes, the cause is moe-overload.

6/30/2011 . Edited 6/30/2011 #1,876
HubiKoshi

@Trooper1023

Yeah that too, and Chisame screams "HEY YOU BRATS! What's with the "I found my soul-mate reaction!?" You wanna get raped by moe lovers!?" She also adds them to the "Never let them meet Negi-sensei" list else the world is doomed.

6/30/2011 #1,877
Trooper1023

F----------k, somebody HAS to write this! But I'm not sure I can do it justice, and that would be a CRIME against ALL EXISTENCE!!

EDIT: That means it has to be a fully-fleshed out scene, with an opener, lead-in events and dialogue, and then, finally, delievers the punchline!

6/30/2011 . Edited 6/30/2011 #1,878
HubiKoshi

@Trooper1023

Don't look at me, if I don't start working on that Godannar fic, Bloody Hero will present to you what a Bolter can do to a normal human, using ME as an example. Go ahead and write ^^

6/30/2011 #1,879
Mu-Sensei

"NO!"

"But Nee-chan!"

"NO! And DON'T call me Nee-chan!"

"I will call you Nii-san when you have something down he-"

"AND NO TOUCHIN' TOO! I have no reason to use the girls uniform! I just have to bind my breasts tightly an-"

"Naive, Nee-chan, they apologized for the mistake in your gender publicly, so everyone in the city knows..."

"Even so I'll not use the girls uniform! And all of you three, out of my room!" I push them out...

"Fufufu, she is so~o shy...."

"And she got nice breasts too, almost on par with mine..."

"That just make her look like a cow, so is you."

"Mou! How rude, Sakuya-chan! You should respect your onee-san."

...And try to ignore their embarrassing conversation. Seriously, I'll NOT wear a girls uniform, and definitely NOT girls underwear!

...Even if I look as a girl, no matter how hot I look like...

NO.

I put my uniform, and leave to the breakfast table, my brothers and sisters hushing the conversation as they see me arriving...

"You, know, you could've asked some of your sisters for a girls uniform." Aoko-kaa says to me.

"I'm perfectly comfortable in a man's uniform."

"If you say soo..." Matsu-kaa starts that disturbing laugh of her "Just remember to go to the girl's room, lest you gave someone a show, and that you have to sit down to-"

"That is quite enough!" Miya-kaa thankfully takes that conversation out of track.

"If you have any doubts about your new body, dear, please consider talking to your mother or me, or Chiho-chan, but avoid Matsu-san or Kazehana-san.

And don't I know that... "Thanks Miya-kaa-san."

I eat my breakfast, ignoring the comments of my family, and depart to school, along with Arika and Kiri.

"Doesn't it bother you?" Nee-chan says to me...

"What?"

"The lack of sustenance..." She says in a small voice.

"I though breakfast was okay. Why?"

"Do you need money for a snack? Ask Kaien I have only enough for me here." Kiri complains. He just omitted that enough for him is enough for a five person family.

"I mean the lack of..." She points at my chest. Oh. Kiri clamps on and blush like mad.

"I would find strange if I wear it."

"I never thought I would miss it too, but now I feel naked without..." She blushingly admits. Not that she have anything to cover there. I'm just no crazy to ever say it out loud...

"Thats why I won't wear it. It will make embarrassing when I go back to being a boy."

"The aliens said it was permanent." Sis stated worriedly.

"I prefer to believe is not."

"Look otouto, Haruna-chan!" My red haired (and faced at the moment) brother try to deflect the conversation to safer territories, and I appreciate it.

"Weren't you reacting to her?" Arika asks.

"Sometimes I envy Sekirei, is so easy to you to find a date..." Kiri says lazily.

"You can't find what you don't look, lazy bum. And I though I was, but now I'll never know, with Lala ki-" Suddenly all my body warms up, and my breath accelerate like I've run a marathon.

"Bro-erm, Sis you're alright?" Arika asks in concern. I feel a bit dizzy, and trip forward, but sis caught me, unfortunately breast first making me moan out loud, in my aroused state. I panic and run forward, hitting and falling on top of Haruna-san in a VERY awkward position...

"I got slapped..." I complain to no one in particular...

"You DESERVED IT!" My sister say to me.

"It was your faul-" Uh oh.

"BAKA!" I get punched THROUGH the shoe lockers.

This is going to be a looong day...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going with the concept that half-sekirei can be winged forcefully, but will still react to their chosen ones... And let the troubles begin!

6/30/2011 . Edited 6/30/2011 #1,880
throwaawy

i don't think any of the information on the Data Sheet has been updated... only added to

i wonder if somebody wants to put together more comprehensive profiles, but what would it include? we don't want full-fledged wiki pages, but it seems we need more than what we have?

--- (idea)

What we already have on the Data Sheet, including: Name (+creator?); Age/Gender; Parent; Appearance...

--- appearance: Physical description: (height, build), Hair Color, Eye Color, Accessories, common clothing. (let's not get into My Immortal levels though)

replace 'Personality' with 'Personality Tropes' - up to 3-5 defining character tropes (ex. Tsundere (type A), The Ace, The Wesley)

move whatever was originally in 'Personality' ...and merge that into the free-format - 'Description':

---description: personality, likes, dislikes, character specific quirks (ex. is the BADA$$ character, likes AWESOME things, dislikes cookies, is the family FAVORITE and saves them every single day!!1)

'Pairings': because we'll need it at some point... Name/Continuity i guess.

'Powers': organize it. something like the signature moves for that character

---'Affinity': (up to 2.. maybe3) (ex. Weapon Projection, Reinforcement), not (Tracing, UBW, Runes, Fire/Ice/Lightning, Guns, Tanks, Planes, Super Robots)

---'Abilities': pretend its something like.. oh.. DnD: 1-2 At-Wills (signature, spammable moves), 1-2 Encounters (special attacks), 1-Daily (Ultimate/Finishers)

anything unknown at the time just say so

6/30/2011 #1,881
Trooper1023

Good idea, throwaawy. And on that note...

People, we need to face the fact that Nasuverse insists that Projection magic is NOT useful for much of anything beyond Odic Force usage training, and that Shirou is a GIANT F--KING EXCEPTION to that rule. So we need to STOP pretending that all his kids can just naturally pull off the same kind of shit. Even I've been culpable of this in some ways.

Therefore, we need to do a Nasu-reality check on the kids' powers.

EDIT: And personality tropes?? my god, man. Don't you realize, then every single one of these kids is going to have "Has Two Mommies" in their list?!

6/30/2011 . Edited 6/30/2011 #1,882
throwaawy

especially considering some of the fandoms we're invading, it probably wouldn't be out of place for some of the kids to be carrying their weapons on them... sadly.

- like riko walking around with rollerblades slung over her shoulder

- chiyo just carrying a switchblade for everyday activities, but her swords when... hunting?

- keiko carrying at least an air-pistol, if not actual pistols.

--- (idea)

we're trying to establish keiko as a formal-magus and runecrafter, are there any runes in the nasuverse capable of storage? much as i hate to suggest it... like storage seals from naruto?

there's your projection workaround. shirou, rin, luvia, whoever works out either little talismans that are like, 1 object pockets, similar to the avalon pendants that were going around a while back. maybe have a keychain of the stuff to flip through. the kids who depend on Projection for their combat can have some built into their battle equipment.

ex. keiko would have storage runes (for lack of a better term), 1 on each hip (handguns), 1 on her shoulder (rifle), 1 opposite shoulder (shotgun), and she carries around built/bought replicas of whatever else.

6/30/2011 . Edited 7/10/2011 #1,883
Mu-Sensei

Might work, so she will have runes and magecraft as skill set.

But can't she trace bullets at least?

All hail for Keiko's Victoria secret compartment/arsenal...

6/30/2011 . Edited 6/30/2011 #1,884
Obiki Doragon

Takeshi felt that it was sort of understanding that his Ashikabi came from humble orgins. While he was considered Class B for his new money origins, his Ashikabi was the special scholarship student that everyone thought was a boy. Renge and the other yaoi fangirls squeed at the end of his Winging and his promise...

-----

That's all I got, can someone continue this, please?

6/30/2011 #1,885
Trooper1023

Projecting bullets (with gunpowder) actually might work, but would probably require Keiko grinding her Chemistry level quite a bit...

As for carrying weapons, why can't we say Shirou and Rin put some heavy effort into developing mystic codes for their children that let them take Carrying Concealed to Beyond the Impossible levels? Althou Keiko will need to grow into the skill to actually USE more than one of these codes at a time... (come on, an Emiya teenager with a pocket arsenal? neither Shirou nor Rin are dumb enough to allow that).

EDIT: Kyon's bio MUST mention "The Arthur Dent" trope.

6/30/2011 . Edited 6/30/2011 #1,886
throwaawy

i wanna say yes to projecting bullets (no matter what nasu-verse says) otherwise i wont get my pretty pretty explosions!

otherwise her rune-bullet/jewel-bullet idea would go down the tube and i'd rather not have that .

---

storage seals/runes would take care of that too! again if there's no nasu-verse equivalent i will just say zelretch did it and came back from the naruto-verse with a storage scroll the Clan reverse-engineered themselves.

---

well honestly the imported chars could prolly just say that... (we took them from blah-series) although that'd be shortcutting it alot _

6/30/2011 #1,887
Trooper1023

No, no no! NO more reliance on the fracking Wizard Marshal, he's unreliable anyway!

And in other news, Shinta's bio is undergoing revision...

Personality Tropes: "Allergic To Routine", "Beware the Nice Ones", "Badass Bookworm", "Good Is Not Dumb", "Human Pack Mule" and "Has Two Mommies". "The McCoy" to Yuuno's "The Kirk" and Chrono's "The Spock", and the "Red Oni" to Chrono's "Blue Oni".

Will grow into "All A Part Of The Job", "Boisterous Bruiser", "I Got Bigger" (VERY much so), and "Work Hard Play Hard". Will share "Must Make Her Laugh" with Yuuno Scrya, with regards to Fate Testarossa.

6/30/2011 #1,888
HubiKoshi

Hokay I'll try

Name: Chiyo Emiya

Creator: HubiKoshi

Parent: Chiho

Appearance:

Physique - Around 170 cm tall, slim and fit looking, breasts low B-cup, quite muscular but in a nice way, body covered with a number of scars, not very visible but she tries to hide them not wanting to worry people.

Fav Clothes: Rather loose about clothing, wears what she feels comfortable in, unless Emily, Aika and Hinagiku drag her on a clothing hunt. Mostly wears black jeans and white t-shirts, sometimes a long dress. she also likes long sweaters, sleeves are good for hiding knives. Likes to cover her entire body because of scars. Wears comfortable shoes, no heels. If she expects trouble she will bring heavy boots. Very fond of a pendant representing crossed Kanshou and Bakuya she received from her father.

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Dark Blond - Honey Blond. Shoulder-blades long

Personality tropes: Failure Knight, Combat Pragmatist, A bit of Knight Templar Big Sister, Beware the Nice Ones, Apologetic Attacker (will mercilessly kick your ass but won't want to hurt you) Team Mom

Personality: Her defining traits are her desire to protect her family and her inferiority complex. When she was small a group of freelancers tried to kidnap her and some siblings, saved by father and traumatized by being powerless (unlike most of her powered siblings), learnt of the fact that her mother and by extension she wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for father. Loves her mother and is very loyal and protective of her father. Hurting her family or insulting her father are the easiest ways to anger her. Very kind, helpful, gentle but firm and unrelenting when necessary. Wants to do everything herself, reluctantly accepts help, especially from those stronger than her. Often acts recklessly because of not accepting others' help. Very competitive when faced with a person stronger/more skilled than her, wishes to surpass them and prove that she isn't worthless. Studies both combat and medicine to be able to protect her family better. If hurt she will hide it behind a smile, no matter how badly she is hurt she'll try to patch herself up without showing she is hurt. The only one she really can open up to is Aika, her Sekirei, daughter of Haruka and Kuno, the girl is weaker than Chiyo which means she doesn't have to put up a strong front (though it took a lot of work on Aika's side to make Chiyo drop her guard). Often fangirls and gets inspired by characters and people who started off weak, handicapped and powerless but grew into great people, doesn't include failures who had powers hidden in them like Naruto and Kyuubi, or Negi and his genius. People like Kenichi Shirahama, Rock Lee or Jack Rakan.

Likes: Her family, friends and lovers, Aika's singing, Training, Books/movies/anime with weak characters coming out on top

Dislikes: Recklessness and stupidity in her loved ones, insulting her father, wasting time (anything outside training/challenges, but her girls are dealing with that), herself and being weak.

Mhm... a draft I guess, I'll probably add some more but I'm a bit sleepy already

6/30/2011 #1,889
throwaawy

dissonant serenity fits Chiyo to a "T" imo

maybe try to drill it down to a few key tropes too, we dont want the trope list to be longer than the descriptions x.x;

6/30/2011 . Edited 6/30/2011 #1,890
« Prev Page 1 .. 53 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 73 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: gabriel blessing Obiki Doragon, Mu-Sensei
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member