The Mechanics of In Flight
One of my reviewers mentioned the idea of starting a forum for those who want to debate various points of my story without clogging up the review section too much. I decided to go ahead and give it a try.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Trooper1023

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Fanfic/TheEmiyaClan

It's live, people! Bring your tropes/character/event discussions here!

11/4/2011 . Edited 11/4/2011 #1
Lycodrake

@Troper1023: Thanks for making this thread, man. I've added quite a bit of stuff, but it definitely helps if we discuss it all.

11/4/2011 #2
sagitarius
Here are a couple few things I have planned for Gekkou (sorry about the wall of text. I'm posting from a mobile and it doesn't seem to recognise line gaps): Flachette storm. Weak but skilled. Improvised weapons- Water blades/needles/knives. Combat pragmatist (played with)- he has no problems with a surprise pre-emptive attack, but won't go further than that. Fish out of (temporal?) water. Let's get dangerous- whenever Ami's in trouble. More to come later.
11/4/2011 #3
Lycodrake

@sagitarius: 'kay, added those Tropes, but not the descriptions (yet).

11/4/2011 #4
maximorph1

need someone to correct this, It's the Black Knight that has the eye patch of Power, not the younger version.

Oh, might want to put Doting Parent on Kiri's profile....maybe Team Dad. He is, however, not an overprotective parent as Aurora is more than able to take care of herself.

Actually, anyone have any idea what Troupes Aurora has?

11/4/2011 . Edited 11/4/2011 #5
Lycodrake

@maximorph1: 'kay, fixed those Tropes for Kiri.

Well, first she'd have to have a section of her own or something, but I think Cute Monster Girl, Big Eater, and Idiot Hair work...

11/4/2011 #6
sagitarius

A couple few other additions to the other children-

Keiko: Accidental innuendo (her aria. Very debatable), More Dakka (Oh, so much more dakka)

Karin: Les-yay, Incest is relative (how did we miss these two again? And please, explain it to me without your head exploding), Hilarious in hindsight (Please recall that Shirou was afraid of Karin because she wanted him in her family in The Hill of Swords)

Kaien: Genre Blindness (Really, heshouldjust listen to Kyon)

Aya: Curtains match the window

Chisame: Long lost relative, also, is there a trope for family members who deviate from the norm?

Kumako: Blood Knight (Two words: "More Rocks!"), Cute bruiser

Ivone: Cute bruiser, Hero worship (towards Shirou. Or at least, that's what her intro implied)

Aleksi/Aliisa: Non-identical twins.

11/4/2011 . Edited 11/4/2011 #7
Lycodrake

@sagitarius: 'kay, added; thanks for bringing those up.

11/4/2011 #8
throwaawy

argh, lyco, i had stuff written up all the way to sakuya and you saved just AFTER i did so mine got overwritten...

11/4/2011 . Edited 11/4/2011 #9
Lycodrake

@throwaawy: Oh, dang it, sorry throwaawy. Really, sorry about that, my bad...

11/4/2011 #10
Trooper1023

@ "Ivone: Cute bruiser, Hero worship (towards Shirou. Or at least, that's what her intro implied)"

There should be a trope for "highly-destructive klutz" or something... She's a Fraga, which means Iron Fists, but she also has these moments of amazing clumsiness when she gets sufficiently nervous...

11/4/2011 #11
sagitarius
Is there a process for creating new tropes or do you just have to come up with a cool, meaningful name and then list down examples? If it's the second, can we take up trooper's proposal? I can already think up a pretty good list of people who could fit in that trope with Ivone.
11/4/2011 #12
throwaawy

the only rules i can think of off the top of my head is that it must be super all-inclusive, and make sure it's not somewhere else under a different name.

and that name can't be a japanese weeabo name. the site owner seems particularly picky about that

edit: i'm done with my edits for now, btw. knock yourselves out.

11/4/2011 . Edited 11/4/2011 #13
Lycodrake

@throwaawy: Glad to know you were to edit it the way you wanted.

Also...any chance of drawing Ulf and/or Touma soon (I think you're the one who's drawn the EC children)? I do know a character that's a good reference for how Ulf looks.

11/4/2011 . Edited 11/4/2011 #14
throwaawy

that or a written description i guess

btw whoever deleted the bullet points keeping the entries the correct size, put them back, the pictures are out of alignment again

11/4/2011 . Edited 11/4/2011 #15
Lycodrake

@throwaawy: 'kay. Well, Ulf looks looks a lot like Masaomi Kida, from Durarara!!, but with bronze hair and eyes. I honestly don't know how to describe him physically other than that...In comparison to the age portrayed, he should look a little younger than Reiko.

Also, someone really needs to fix the bullet-points and where the pictures are in comparison to the right child. Who keeps on messing it up? I know I haven't messed with the bullet-points...

11/4/2011 . Edited 11/4/2011 #16
Mu-Sensei
Tropes For Keiko: | Girl with Guns - That is her. | Cool Guns - She have loads of it. | Gun Accessories - You don't want to know. Seriously. | Anti-pervert - Root knows why Karin still alive... | Friendly Sniper - She is a cute, cheerful girl. But she can hit a flipped coin a mile away. | Berserk Button - Try to molest her... | BFG - Comes within territory. | Glass Cannon - She may cause ungodly amounts of damage, but one single bullet kill her like any normal person. | Wall of Weapons - Her room closet. She have one cabinet for clothing, but the entire closet (a big one) for guns... | Bag of Holding - Each of her accessories (pendants, wrist chains, etc) carry one weapon inside. | [Hiperspace Arsenal]* - Ask and you shall receive... | *Hidden | I am coming to terms with the fact that this site doesn't accept my line breaks... now will you all?
11/4/2011 . Edited 11/4/2011 #17
Shioran Toushin

also she inherited her father's sniping capabilities, just with guns and special bullets instead of Arrows that are fired from a bow with the force of a cannon artillery shell or recreated cristalized miracles and concepts in forms that shouldn't be able to get fired from a bow and not forgetting one of GB's most renowed phrases :"They became fragile. They became dangerous. They became Broken." that can go with extreme accuracy up to 4km and the power of a nuke concentrated in less than a square inch(or a square centimerer)

11/4/2011 #18
Mu-Sensei
yep, pretty much. [whatever is the name of the trope for mana break bullets] - they become fragile, they became dangerous, they made pretty, pretty explosions!, now NP bullets no
11/4/2011 #19
Shioran Toushin

less NP hax and more MC-bullet breakage?

Edit: also i'd like to point 2 things about TvTropes and our own EC:

1.- if Saber giving Heirlooms like Caliburn, etc. they should be the original ones, AKA the Conceptual Weapons, because the thing with NPs is that actually they don't exist as material things and are more likely not usable by anyone else but the true owner (with exceptions like Shirou hax tracing and the divine virus in the fraga family that allows them to create their own Fragarach, and even then that fragarach only works once and only for the creator.)

2.- we need to clear up the timeline, does Arika already had Caliburn (the original CW reforged/ NP traced) before her incursion into the past? or did she aquired it in the past, as a gift from her unkowing mother, thus the sword didn't break and she kept the weapon after returning from the past.

11/4/2011 . Edited 11/4/2011 #20
Animesage

@throwaawy

Ah, if you need a description for Touma, I can provide one. This would be for his Idol outfit.

Touma is about 177 cm tall, and fairly muscled. Though his body, mainly the torso area, has various surgical scars, one in particular that trails straight down from chest to above the navel. Skin tone is closer to father's than mother's. His hair is the same color as his father's, only a bit lighter in tone, hair is short, and styled in a stylishly messy cut that also has a small tail in the back of his head (for reference, I'd say something like Lloyd Irving's). He has a fairly handsome face, with his mother's bright blue eyes and a genuinely cheerr/kiddish grin on it. His outfit as an Idol is an open navy blue bandleaders jacket with silver buttons with a tight black shirt underneath, mostly used to cover up his scars. With that are black slacks, shoes, and a microphone headset for performances.

I hope that's enough. Take your time though, I do not mind waiting. Whenever you have the free time to do so.

11/4/2011 #21
lhklan The Unpronounceable

All right then, if Lyco is taking care of the children trope, I'm gonna do the parents;

Any suggestion?

11/4/2011 #22
throwaawy

@lkhlan

for the major characters put a note to find their basic tropes on their respective character pages, just fill it up with EC-only stuffs.

example: Shirou doesn't need a FieldOfBlades trope since he's already got it on the FSN page, but PapaBear is still applicable; it should also make alot of the work easier for those chars.

11/4/2011 #23

@throwaawy

Shirou already have Demon head, Memetic BAdass, Memetic Sex God, Papawlf and Supreme Chef.

It's the EC-only stuff that I'm worried about. I'm not 100% sure of the tropes that I've seen, and the parents haven't appeared in a while so it's hard to put tropes on them. I'll try anyway.

11/4/2011 #24
sagitarius

Is there a trope for having unlimited stamina? if so, I'm pretty sure Shirou needs it.

11/4/2011 #25

Okay, for the parents, so far:

Shirou: Demon Head, Memetic Badass, Memetic Sex God, Papa Wolf, Supreme Chef

Miya: Covert Pervert, Demon Head

Saber: Idiot Hair

Homura: Genderbender, Playing with Fire

Altrouge: Neet

Tsukiumi: Mama Bear Tsundere

Kazehana: The Tease

Aoko :Stuff Blowing Up, Lovely Angels

Rin: Zettai Ryouiki

Akitsu: Covert Pervert

Lorelei: The Ace

Karasuba : Blood Knight, Lovely Angels

Luvia: Noblewoman's Laugh

Alaya-ko: Physical God

Any addition?

11/4/2011 #26
sagitarius

More like subtraction. Could someone PLEASE remove kittybear's list of unconfirmed parents?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Shouldn't Akitsu have the Mama bear trope as well. A certain Moosicle comes to mind.

11/4/2011 . Edited 11/4/2011 #27
throwaawy

i'd be interested in seeing what people consider crowners (awesome, funny, tearjerkers, heartwarming) nothing pops into head atm for me... but yeah...

11/4/2011 #28
sagitarius

@Crowning moments

The clan IS Shirou's crowning moment of awesome.

11/4/2011 #29
solopy567

I really think that the snippets should be taken and put together in an orderly chronological list. People who see the page would like to know what it is all about.

Other than that, the tvtropes page actually clarifies a whole lot of things for me.

11/5/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: gabriel blessing Obiki Doragon, Mu-Sensei
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member