The Mechanics of In Flight
One of my reviewers mentioned the idea of starting a forum for those who want to debate various points of my story without clogging up the review section too much. I decided to go ahead and give it a try.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
Animesage

In regards to Touma's age, well, to put it this way, were Touma born in the EC!Universe normally, he would've been born around the same time as Haru. If that makes sense.

However, if there are complications regarding that that, do tell.

11/5/2011 #61
throwaawy

that would also make him kiri's age, fyi. keep that in mind for your snippet

11/5/2011 #62
Mu-Sensei

To-Love-rued Fate is AFTER Negima world is discovered. Asuna and Ala Alba are mentioned.

Also Karin, Anything that moves, looks for the definition. Yeah...fitting.

11/5/2011 #63
Animesage

Indeed. Though I have to ask, was there something in there that contradicts this, or that I should remember?

Even if they're the same age, Touma still considers his siblings as 'Big Brothers/Sisters'

11/5/2011 #64
maximorph1

Couple things that must be said.

1: Aurora is Kiri's daughter, not BK's. Kiri conceived Aurora when he was 13, he met the BK when he was 18 and a half. The Bk's daughter (who did not get a name but is Aurora in an alternate time) was killed by him in his timeline when he was 45 and was always his deepest regret.

2: for the timeline, again, The Black Knight arrived when Kiritsugu was 18 and a half and died on the exact day Kiritsugu turned nineteen saving Aurora as a birthday present.

11/5/2011 . Edited 11/5/2011 #65
Shioran Toushin

damn that is precocious.

11/5/2011 #66
maximorph1

not really, Kiri didn't have a say in it if you read the story. If you can't remember, look it up in the story collection I made. i think it was Aurora chapter 7

11/5/2011 #67
Shioran Toushin

sorry, i am locked oit to anything outside the forum section of FFN, every other page juts don't load.

11/5/2011 #68
maximorph1

ah, short version:

When he wa thirteen ,the family took a trip to Greece. Arika and Kiri were seperated in a fall and ended up in a cave where the Echina resided. Arika was unconcious and Kiri fought several of her lesser, weaker children to protect her. The Echina became intrigued and r*ped him.

A bit more complicated than that, but that's basically how it happened.

11/5/2011 #69
Shioran Toushin

i'd still say, ouch for Kiri and Yay for aurora

11/5/2011 #70
Lycodrake

Rape was extremely common for anything Greco-Roman and powerful. The only one of the major Olympian males that didn't was Hades, despite how he seems to be portrayed.

So it makes quite a bit of sense that Echidna, goddess-queen-mother of monsters, would do something like that.

11/5/2011 . Edited 11/5/2011 #71
Trooper1023

@ stuff by maxi

1: Aurora is Kiri's daughter, not BK's. Kiri conceived Aurora when he was 13, he met the BK when he was 18 and a half. The Bk's daughter (who did not get a name but is Aurora in an alternate time) was killed by him in his timeline when he was 45 and was always his deepest regret.

2: for the timeline, again, The Black Knight arrived when Kiritsugu was 18 and a half and died on the exact day Kiritsugu turned nineteen saving Aurora as a birthday present.

Ok, if that's true... then Aurora was not around during Devil Wings? DOH! *goes back to a draft short for a funny sequence between Aurora and Nanoha that happened during the week bracketed by DW9...

11/5/2011 #72
throwaawy

@Mu-Sensei

To-Love-rued Fate is AFTER Negima world is discovered. Asuna and Ala Alba are mentioned.

so chisame's rediscover was a few years earlier?

i put ToLoveRu there because that's the year kaien enters highschool. i think chisame's discovery was just put there because up until then, everything was happening at that point (when KB's datasheet has everybody's ages)

---

@trooper

that's when BK!kiri met EC!kiri, but the original black knight stuff was an alt timeline so that's why i put it in the origins!section

11/5/2011 . Edited 11/5/2011 #73
Trooper1023

@ throwaawy

I'm not worried about BK!Kiri's alt timeline. I just need a definitive answer as to when Aurora actually came to live with the Clan in relation to the Devil Wings storyline.

11/5/2011 #74
throwaawy

if he was born 2 years AC, that would put his 19th bday... at 21 AC, around Nerima (before/after/dno)

edit: actually during or after, IIRC kiri beat the snot out of ryouga

11/5/2011 . Edited 11/5/2011 #75
Shioran Toushin

and then the updated datasheet of the characters, beyond their tropes and a summary ... a lot of work, GL with that.

11/5/2011 #76
maximorph1

eh, more like a one hit KO.

Anyways, any clue what Aurora would have for troupes besides lethal chef, Idiot hair and Eldritch Abomination?

@Lyco, yeah actually Hades did do something like that. Remember Persephone? Girl dragged into hell, ended up eating six seeds of a pomegranate and forced to spend half the year in hell.

11/5/2011 . Edited 11/5/2011 #77
throwaawy

*gently drapes an arm around maxi's shoulder*

yknow, you're really the best person to understand your own character. and i understand that you may find that task daunting.

but there comes a time when a man has to bite the bullet, dive right in, charge in headlong into the abyss.

HEY LOOK AT THAT DISTRACTION

*shoves maxi into the the blackhole they call TvTropes.org*

see you in a few days. or weeks.

11/5/2011 #78
maximorph1

*bounces out of hole....

Yeah, I have no idea how to modify Tv Troupes or I would. More critical however is that my comp crashed and I am busy recreatign everything I lost (which was basically everytihng on my comp. Two years of sh*t lost...god i am scr*wed)

11/5/2011 #79
throwaawy

i run with two HDs. not just a separate partition, two completely different drives. the first has all my programs and games and whatnot, the second one is all my movies/songs/drawings/etc

if my computer crashes and dies, i can just format the first, i'd have to reinstall stuff, but my media files are still okay o.o-b

(in fact that's happened once already. i should see about getting a new HD cuz this one's getting somewhat.. used)

11/5/2011 #80
maximorph1

@throwaaway

yeah well I'm glad you have money,...i just graduated college a few months ago and finally moved out. Right now I'm busy redownloading FSN, updating my comp as best as I can (I think there will forever be a lag that I cannot get rid of), and reloading my favorite games. that, and finding all the sites I loved to visit that I can remember and put them back on my bookmarks.

11/5/2011 #81
Trooper1023

@ TvTropes page WIP timeline

Double-damnit. Ivone returns to the clan 5 years after DW? That totally fucks with my current plan for DW9. Arg.

11/5/2011 #82
Lycodrake

I look at the timeline given on the page, and feel a sinking feeling, or maybe a crash-and-burn one, because I don't know where to place Medea's summoning and Ulf's birth without it being really close to Lancer's one day...I don't know if that would work with the timeline, though...gaaah...

11/5/2011 #83
Shioran Toushin

lancer's one day is one day from that year and honestly imho 1st nanny trial results in Medea, second try results in Gilgamesh (and wioth the help from Medea and powered by Sakura it's more effective), third results in lancer and he is also summoned because Medea was going to birth Ulf in that year.

11/5/2011 #84
Lycodrake

@ST: Sounds reasonable, but it probably needs to be discussed a bit more. I don't know about Medea being summoned before Gil, though, but that might just be my unease about it...

11/5/2011 #85
Shioran Toushin

that is more to give them time to get into a relationship and so that Ulf is not in the Shinra/Ichigo/Twins age group.

11/5/2011 #86
Lycodrake

@ST: True, I really do like the idea, but I don't know how it'll be received, since Gil being summoned first happened first and all, as did Lancer's one day...

11/5/2011 #87
Shioran Toushin

use your Retcon author powers

11/5/2011 #88
Lycodrake

@ST: I don't know if I have those... ;A;

11/5/2011 #89
Trooper1023

SOMEONE CALL IT ALREADY! Was Ivone's age retconned in to be around Riko's age? Or is she being set as younger than Reiko?

11/5/2011 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: gabriel blessing Obiki Doragon, Mu-Sensei
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member