The Mechanics of In Flight
One of my reviewers mentioned the idea of starting a forum for those who want to debate various points of my story without clogging up the review section too much. I decided to go ahead and give it a try.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »
chrnno

Frankly let's be serious. HP and Nasuverse have a horrible compatibility. The most stupid magus is rougly on par with the best wizards.

11/27/2011 #451
Shioran Toushin

the most innocent and navie ESPER ould wipe the floor with 90% of the HPverse, i.e Kokutou Azaka or Asagami Fujino.

11/27/2011 #452
Lycodrake

@chrnno and ST: Well, I have my own opinions on the possible crossover, but I know quite well what you mean.

...but I'm more upset and outRAGEd that *that* put Castko/Mae with Ron...gaaah!!!

11/27/2011 . Edited 11/27/2011 #453
Shioran Toushin

TBCH: Ron was not so bad until the 6-th goddamned books, and even then the fandom has Flanderized him until he is just and onl his negative qualities and forget or try to justify his Neutral/good traits and actions as those of a puppet or a grand manipulator (Evil and7or jealous or on a B!tard Dumledore side)

the character can learn, it's biased against muggles (a lot less than the average 'wizzard') and Slytherins, he is not 'sensible' and has the emotional depth of a teaspoon, but he is NOT the evil monster, irremediale idiot, toughtless jealous-prone prat that the fandom has been painting him as.

OTOH i completely agree with Lyco, Ron does not deserve the Awesomeness that is Mae (not that Harry is any more deserving of having the wonderous Nero as a partner)

11/27/2011 #454
Lycodrake

@ST: I know the difference between canon and fanon, and I still don't like canon Ron (I do see him as jealous, but that's not *horrible*). Or what they did to Luna.

Anyway, so far I've only seen one good HP/Type-Moon crossover, Fate Ingens Cor, and even then, I freely admit, it isn't *the best*. *shrugs*

On the subject of "deserving", just for the sake of stating this, neither was Shinji deserving of Rider/Medusa.

11/27/2011 . Edited 11/27/2011 #455
Shioran Toushin

but then again it was Sakura who summoned her and then gave her to Shinji via the Book of False attendant.

11/27/2011 #456
chrnno

Which would make her underserving of Meduse since he gave her away to someone who wasn't...

Also the books started more or less well but later on they fell in quality. The fact the movies were even worse doesn't really help.

Anyway while Ron isn't as bad as people make him to be he definitely wouldn't be someone who I would be friends with. To damn random to really trust.

11/27/2011 #457
Lycodrake

@ST: Yeah, I know, but I'm pretty sure Sakura had no choice...I could be entirely wrong.

@chrnno: Fair enough.

11/27/2011 #458
Raj8

@lycodrake

I have found 3 good fate stay night and harry potter crossover one is pretty good http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6847243/1/London_Nights another is Fictional http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5871255/1/Fictional

which in my opinion is pure awesome of course I may be biased as that was the story that introduced me to fate stay night (Ironically when I first heard of Shirou I honestly did not care and hated that he took up screen time as there was not to much character building since the writer assumed we have read the visual novel I find this Ironic since now Shirou is my absolute favorite fictional character of all time second place belongs to EMIYA of course XD)

and finally http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/209-FF-Trinity-I-The-Stone-%28Type-Moon-Harry-Potter-X-over%29 which is my favorite by far I admit I dislike parts of the first story (there are 2 prequels behind this story the part I really dislike is in the first story they make hf Shirou evil I got over it because it is such a good story but I lost some enjoyment thought the reason why they make Shirou evil is hillarious as the author did not know fate well when he first starts writing and somehow comes with the impression that GILGAMESH THATS RIGHT GILGAMESH IS SHIROU still in the second story EMIYA is a good guy same in the third story) Still I recommended Trinity if you want to see an absolutely awesome harry potter and fsn crossover.

if you want you can skip them it only refers to the prequels occasionally.

11/27/2011 #459
chrnno

I am actually reading it right now, the first fanfic involving HP that I ever touched and only because it is in Beast Lair and people there like it a lot so I figured it couldn't be bad.

@lycodrake: I may be wrong here but I do remember it as her choice, she saw that Shirou had the markings of a master and didn't want to fight him so she passed Rider to Shinji.

11/27/2011 . Edited 11/27/2011 #460
Lycodrake

@rajvir: Yeah, I've read both of those, they're both good.

I'll look into the forum story, too.

@chrnno: Well, I don't know for sure either. *shrugs*

11/27/2011 . Edited 11/27/2011 #461
deus-rasengan2

from Type-Moon wiki:

Sakura is the principal Master of Rider, who was summoned several days prior to the start of the 5th Holy Grail War. However, under pressure from Shinji and the desire not to fight either Shirou or Rin, Sakura yielded her Master's right to him, although Sakura retains her original Command Mantra.

So yeah she did give him Rider so she wouldn't have to fight in the war.

11/27/2011 #462
Shioran Toushin

@Lyco: are you sure that you are responding to me? because i did not recc those 2 awful pure HP severitus LEP/SS fics and it was Raj who did recomend 3 HP/Nasu ones (which i did not like, but i respect his opinion but IMO 'fictional' is lacking, London nights does not appeal to me and the other just disgusts me but those opinions are for very personal bias instead of deep flaws in the stories themselves.

11/27/2011 #463
Lycodrake

@d-r2: Thanks for clarifying for us all.

@ST: Changed it, but yeah, I meant towards raj.

11/27/2011 #464
Shioran Toushin

welcome to today's section of WTFUH?*****BSOD**** things, and to start i'll present you this shiny example of 'UH?' 'what happened here?' and 'does not make any sense' moments:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6634524/1/Forbidden_Actions

i'll be the first in admiting that i do not condem fictional incest (most likely because i am not atracted to any member of my family nor know real people who does) so it does not auto-disgust me or even cause a 'hell yeah' feeling in me, but the whole setting? did not make any sense.

11/27/2011 #465
deus-rasengan2

@ST

It...BUUUUUUUURRRNNNSSS!!!!

11/27/2011 #466
LegendaryGamer

Based on deus rasengan2's reaction and yours, i get the feeling that i really should not read this one in order to not have my sanity (and eyes) dying a very painful death.

11/28/2011 . Edited 11/28/2011 #467
Shioran Toushin

and that is why i put it here, so you can avoid making that mistake, i created this thread with this in mind:

1.- make a list of Horribad stories so you know thm and avoid them like plague.

2.- discuss the points of Horribad in some cases or debate on which story is really horribad or just horribad for 'you'

3.- actually i didn't intend this, but also serves to recoend really good things

11/28/2011 #468
LegendaryGamer

Come to think of it, arent you worried that one of the authors whom's stories are shown here may come in this forum and start a flame war??

11/28/2011 #469
Shioran Toushin

mmm... really? it could happen and this is GB's Forum come to think about, maybe it would be better if GB decides to delete this thread

honestly beyond a few comments about the actual content of those fics, our personal opinions and comments about the Canons i really hope that the Authors are mature enough to take a little critic or respect our PoV, afterall you can't please everyone.

OTOH we could have reviewed their stories on why we think they are horribad or keep quiet, so if they want to disscuss then they are welcome as long as they mantain it to THIS thread and do not troll the others, or if they want to flame, well there is already a thread for that and if they want to flame this thread then they are welcome to do it as long as they restrain themselves to this one, and if not i kindly request to GB to delete this.

11/28/2011 #470
Shioran Toushin

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6615744/1/Phase_Shift

the reviews painted it as something i really, really wouldn't want to read, from what i gathered it's a Harry 'somehow' 'summons' Saber, your typiucal 'betrayal' plot in HP and a 70 days training, dunno if the story is decent enough or if i'm making the correct decition of not reading it, so make your decitions and tell me what you find.

11/28/2011 . Edited 11/30/2011 #471
lhklan The Unpronounceable

@rajvir

Well, London Nights start out good enough, but then Harry suddenly gains the ability to trace swords make me lose interest. Really, Shirou put his life on the line to learn it, and even then he starts out with mundane objects, before moving up to his forte, swords. Beside, Harry in canon is kind of a wimp, and he really doesn't have the same distortion like Shirou to make his traced swords works.

@Shio

Nah, we could discuss here. Personally, I'm of the 'Don't like, don't look' mindset. If I read something and I don't like it, then I would just stay away and won't comment/flame it, out of respect for the efforts he/she puts in. If it does catch my interest, then I will comment and give reviews.

At least we're better than that troll that appears on EC a while back.

12/1/2011 #472
Lycodrake

@lhklan: Yeah, that's kind of what made me stop reading London Nights in the first place. I still think Fate Ingens Cor is better, but I don't know how well you like it...

And which troll would that be, hm?

12/1/2011 #473

@Lyco

EC2, Page 36, Elric Tchaikovsky.

12/1/2011 #474
deus-rasengan2

@lyco

the one who came on a little while back and told EC thread that they should shut down because it was stupid.

12/1/2011 #475
Lycodrake

@lhklan and d-r2: Oh, that guy. XP

Any of you have an opinion on Fate Ingens Cor?

12/1/2011 #476

@Lyco

Good, and the #1 HP/Nasu xover that I'm following. Herwald is a close second.

I'm waiting for the day Shirou and Bertilak fight. Reality Marble VS Marble Phantasm, that's gonna be one hell of a fight.

12/1/2011 #477
Trooper1023

@ rajvir on "Trinity"

That monstrosity has not one but TWO prologue stories to go with it, both Tsukihime/FSN/misc crossovers. Don't miss out.

Also, as you're reading Trinity... Keep in mind, the author started it all with a HARRY POTTER plot tribble in mind. EVERYTHING else is just a lead up... and the tribble doesn't even appear until Trinity VI, IIRC.

Now THAT is dedication to a cause!

12/1/2011 #478
GVN.Chaos

@Lycodrake : That's one is quite interesting to read. I wonder if Shirou can get his 3rd-Archer kill streak in this war too

And imagine the Golden Trio's reaction when they see Reality Mable is hilarious

12/1/2011 #479

@Chaos

Screw Golden Trio. I want to see Dumbledore and LV's reaction to someone REWRITING REALITY itself. The latter would probably screams out in rage and disbelief.

12/1/2011 #480
« Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: gabriel blessing Obiki Doragon, Mu-Sensei
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member