The Mechanics of In Flight
One of my reviewers mentioned the idea of starting a forum for those who want to debate various points of my story without clogging up the review section too much. I decided to go ahead and give it a try.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
chrnno

Err... Give me some time, parts of it are rather interesting and I am thinking of how to pass everything to another thread short of me and wrathkal simply reposting one by one after the other...

11/20/2011 #121
Raj8

@gabe

have you seen this http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4730390/21/Naruto_Genkyouien

Apparently this whole chapter is dedicated to you because of that omake you made a while back.

11/20/2011 #122
ghoohg

@ rajvir dude, its on his faves list, thats how I found it.

11/20/2011 #123
Raj8

@ghoohg

I know its on his fav's I was not sure if he read the new chapter yet as I did not see a review named gabriel blessing for chapter 21.

11/20/2011 #124
Wrathkal

Deleted all except for my initial story idea which was what I wanted GB to take a look at in the first place. Sorry for going OOT in this thread.

11/20/2011 . Edited 11/20/2011 #125
Raj8

@Wrathkal

its okay Wrathkal (pats Wrathkal digital arm)

11/21/2011 #126
Wrathkal

I have a hypothetical question for GB seeing as he had to research a lot into UBW Shirou's character in order to carry it over into his crossovers:

If HS EMIYA had somehow gotten free of his cursed fate and had a new life, would he discard the ideals that had trapped him into it in the first place? Or would his personality lead him to stick to them since he wouldn't be forced to betray them like he was as a CG? (Technically it's not about Shirou, but this is looking at the Archer in the UBW route)

Also a question about the Sekirei Universe since I'm not too familiar with the Japanese academic calendar:

What's the approximate date that Sahashi Minato went to check his results (like how long was it after taking the actual test)?

And what's your estimate of the time Uzume got winged, working back from the start of the actual manga?

11/24/2011 #127
Xamusel - Gamma 11

Okay, GB, I have a question that I'd like answered as soon as possible (and it's something I should've asked here first if only I knew about the topic at all):

You see, I was looking over some posts about your stories on Beast's Lair, and it suddenly hit me that there should be an alternative version of In Flight. I should mention that I have no interest in ripping off the original In Flight, but I also don't wish to go as far as having a second "Emiya Clan" idea sprout up over with my idea, as one's enough for the net.

Well, what I'm trying to say is that I hope to some time write my own version of how In Flight goes, so... if you allow it, which I hope he does, I'll start getting over to research the whole thing (as my only source of Sekirei knowledge was from the first episode of the dub and fan fiction prior to feeling the need to write the story).

Is this allowed, GB? If so, please let me know.

11/24/2011 #128
hanashinobi

@Grimgor, I Don't think they truly comprehend that they are Heroic Spirits are not human. The way Shirou explained it could sound to the uninformed that it is something like making a fleshy robot or humunculus that had a preprogramed personality. I don't think they truly comprehend that their are other sentient magical creatures or other things like vampires or types. If the Sekirei did realise that there would be a major surprise at the very least and would not fit in to chapter 28 so it will be saved for a later chapter.

11/24/2011 #129
Soup Fish

-

11/24/2011 . Edited 11/24/2011 #130
Shadow Rave

This thread is for questions directed to the author- Gabriel Blessing only. Debates with other forumers should be taken elsewhere.

11/24/2011 #131
hanashinobi

Dear Gabe

Have you given any thought to combining attacks? I think there is a lot of potential for Tsukiumi and Akitsu to make combos. Also I think the team for the first fight should be Tsukiumi, Akitsu, and Kazehana with Shirou carrying his swords. Normally I would trade Homura with Tsukiumi but with her personality I do not think you could convince her not to fight and Akitsu's powers might interfere with Homura's or vice-verse. Also you might want to make a training scene with Tsukiumi or Kazehana so Shirou can get more familiar with doging elemental attacks.

Edit: Another thought I had was that since sekirei are magic creatures in this fic and we have no idea how Seo's power works, Seo's anti-Sekirei powers could be broadened into an anti magic power similar to Gae Dearg.

11/24/2011 . Edited 11/25/2011 #132
Raj8

@hanashinobi

I personal hope that Gabe does not do that it makes Seo way to overpowered I dont like it plus I think Shirou would have noticed by now if he does.

11/25/2011 #133
chrnno

Nullifying a specific type of magic to nullifying all magic is a giant leap. The first appears in diverse parts of TM cannon and in some cases even seems like one who works against all magic(Berserker's NP, DA Satsuki's RM, Caster's RB, Akiha's abilities, Avalon as NP, etc) but the second does not really exist.

I suppose if Gabe wanted he could create rules for how it would work under Nasuvere's rules and what it could affect but it seems to me a lot of work for nothing as it working against only sekirei fits really well.

11/25/2011 #134
Dancingrage

I myself have wondered if the chapter or two where Minato gets his genetic memory examined up close and personal would come into play here as well, though I have my own ideas on how that would play out.

Have you given thought to the fact that Shirou has basically contracted a number of what look like walking prana batteries? Are there going to be experiments in this regard, as well as with the psychic link that seems to be par for the course for the Sekirei?

I may run an 'alternate route' sort of omake depending on where you take yours, I see exploring the links between the Ashikabi and Sekirei and putting them through some serious loophole abuse (as well as testing out what happens if you put prana into the Asura or Hannya mask), as having some pretty good story possibilities. The idea's still in the simmering stage, but I'll wait and see how your story pans out first, I don't want to start writing only to find we're on the same page in regards to the story.

11/25/2011 #135
GVN.Chaos

Dear Gabe

Have you thought about how Serikei give Shirou a power up? I think aside from allow him access more of his magic circuit, there is a potential of synchronize with his Serikei during fight. For example, synchronize with Homura allow him to easier control fire-based sword, Musubi/Miya give him more power to use Nine Lives, Uzume enable him to use swordrain.... etc.

11/27/2011 #136
ghoohg

@chaos0205 Uzume isn't one of Shirous sekirei.

11/27/2011 #137
GVN.Chaos

Uzume isn't one of Shirous sekirei.

Not yet lol.

But really, I just bring it up as an example of using object manipulation

11/27/2011 #138
Raj8

@Chaos0205 you do know that Shirou can already use swordrain right?

11/28/2011 #139
Orm Embar

I recently looked into both Saya no Uta and Bakemonogatari, works that you've mentioned in your pre-chapter notes. My question to you is: do you have any other recommendations for us? Also, how's Ch. 29 coming along?

11/29/2011 #140
whodidthewhatnow

Dear Author,

I don't believe Shirou needs any real powerups provided by the Sekirei part of the cross-over. In fact, he is probably way too overpowered compared with the rest, provided he really puts his mind into actually winning this competition.

If you plan to power up him, make him take away completely the kids gloves.

11/29/2011 #141
Shioran Toushin

IMHO the only powerup that Shirou does really need is to either Heal his crippled circuits or find a way to bypass them.

11/29/2011 #142
Burnning Truth

What about Shirou finding a way to use his skills in projection to create a varience to either give himself and/or his Sekirei a toned down verson of some of the abilities of his swords using the psychic link he shares with them?

After all since they do absorb some of his od then would it not make sense that he might be able to use that as part of a means to give them some form of a 'boost' in the form of some of the abilities of his traced weapons.

11/29/2011 . Edited 11/29/2011 #143
Bloody Hero

I don't know about that, transfering NP abilities is rather doubtful. However Caster from 5th HGW was able to enhance Kuzuki to superhuman levels by using Reinforcement on him. Imagine if Shirou did that for his Sekirei, Musubi especially considering she is a hand to hand fighter.

@Burning Truth

Dude, that is a seriously sweet picture of Fourth Hokage Minato Namikaze. Where did you find it?

11/29/2011 #144
Burnning Truth

Thanks and I found it looking through the Naruto based fan-art on DeviantArt.

But back to the topic at hand; what your saying is actually part of the idea I'm trying to present here, but what this mainly is based on is the fact that Unlimited Blade Works is at its base Shirou imposing his perception/will on the world and the fact that the author already had Shirou project his reality marble internallity.

So taking that bit of information maybe he could use that to internallity project Unlimited Blade Works within -a certain range- with a weakened verson of -lets say- Avalon's healing abilities to help them recover faster, or to give them a tempory 'iron' skin to protect them in certain situations.

11/29/2011 #145
Bloody Hero

I see your point but its still somewhat sketchy though (no offense man). UBW is a skill only usable by Shirou, Avalon idea may work is Shirou traces several copies and inserts one into each of his Sekirei. But problem is Avalon requires a LOT of power and Shirou having to support seven would be difficult cause he simply lacks energy.

11/29/2011 #146
Burnning Truth

You do have a point that Shirou at this point would lack enough power to do something like this, but that would not mean that latter on he could not develop the nessary power needed to preform the action.

On that note what kind of exorcises do you think Shirou could employ to increase his abiltiy produce the od needed for his magecraft?

11/29/2011 #147
LegendaryGamer

Burnning Truth: I suspect a Titanic Ritual with almost all his Sekirei.

by the i think i misspell that one but i think you get what i meant.

11/29/2011 #148
Shioran Toushin

he can't produce more od, nor create a bigger mana pool, what he can do is learning to use it more efficient and draw energy from the enviroment.

11/29/2011 . Edited 11/29/2011 #149
Burnning Truth

@LegendaryGamer: On some level your right, but that is not exactlly what I meant. I was trying to ask what kind of exorcies Shirou could use to train himself and strangthen his mana?

11/29/2011 #150
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: gabriel blessing Obiki Doragon, Mu-Sensei
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member