The Mechanics of In Flight
One of my reviewers mentioned the idea of starting a forum for those who want to debate various points of my story without clogging up the review section too much. I decided to go ahead and give it a try.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »
lhklan The Unpronounceable

Worst come to worst, Zelretch drop by the TSAB HQ and Colony Drop an alternate TSAB HQ on it. Problem solved.

4/30/2012 #2,971
shikyoseinen

Which will cause another problem if parallel worlds fight for dominance-BAD IDEA

4/30/2012 #2,972

Uh what? You lost me.

4/30/2012 #2,973
UBW

well if the people of earth finds out that they are fighting alien mages... MA and Church may come out of the open to fight the heretics together

to MA: technology using heretics

Church: aliens are heretics

after the conflict, MA and the Church becomes the biggest organizations in earth

perhaps it becomes mandatory to learn magecraft for children (in couple of centuries, we are going to have a lot of talented magi in the world)

4/30/2012 #2,974
shikyoseinen

Alternate versions of yourself fight to live and for dominance; It's like in Kamen Rider Decade.

4/30/2012 #2,975

... No way. Parallel Earth has been shown to ignore each other. As for fighting for dominance, over what? Each has their own universe.

Beside, Zelretch already did it once. He can do it again.

4/30/2012 #2,976
shikyoseinen

Morality aspects: Lives are already at stake and many will die why do a colony drop? Don't forget the enemy are not exactly tyrants they are still peacekeepers of the multiverse. You have to take that into consideration.

4/30/2012 #2,977

Like I said, it's the worst situation.

And they are peacekeepers, but some of their methods are.. questionable to say the least. Beside, if they're really peacekeeper, why the hell would they try to attack Earth for a criminal (in this case Fate)?

4/30/2012 #2,978
shikyoseinen

Betrayers related

reasons here is still a debate: so far only got Fate's faction coming here; battle from Betrayers broke out (Just to make it similar in setting, north pole or south pole)

Since TSAB is reinstated that they are now allowed to use physical weapons and combat cyborgs

that and Earth is a haven for mass weapons.

EDIT: Earth does not want to submit to TSAB (can you imagine the superpowers bow down to some authority from outer space?)

4/30/2012 . Edited 4/30/2012 #2,979
Silver Sun 17

Not a snowball's chance in hell.

5/1/2012 #2,980
shikyoseinen

Despite it all, modern heroes emerge from all this.

5/1/2012 #2,981
UBW

do you mean magi and agents of Church? (I'm pretty sure the burial agency members are strong enough to become heroes)

5/1/2012 #2,982
shikyoseinen

Anybody, soldiers, Emiya Shirou, etc.

Literally anybody.

War against outsiders ought to at least some credibility right?

5/1/2012 #2,983
UBW

Shirou may not hold back once the existence of magic becomes known to planet earth

people may treat him and the magi as heroes (as well as the Church if they join with MA to combat alien mages)

soon after the war, MA and Church dominates politics and every young children are raised in a school under MA or Church (kids grow up to be magi or Church knight)

5/1/2012 #2,984
shikyoseinen

there'll be witch hunt if it's on earth.

5/1/2012 #2,985
Silver Sun 17

And if we are luck the two groups stay on good terms do to the adage me and my brother against my cousin

5/1/2012 #2,986
UBW

well the two groups won't be best buds but they will be more wary of "space alien mages" than each other

and the rest of the inhabitants of earth are receiving supernatural education (in thaumaturgy or scriptures)

in couple of centuries, it's going to be like the age of gods again

5/1/2012 #2,987
shikyoseinen

just another bloodshed to add to the list of Earth's history...Great, It gets bloodier.

5/1/2012 #2,988
UBW

now we get to find out... our magecraft vs TSAB's technology infused magic.

bloody indeed ^^ (I don't think we mind blood shed as much as they do though XD)

5/1/2012 #2,989
Master Basher

On a theoretical Nasuverse Earth VS TSAB, assuming we end up 'discovering' that the Mystery fears was just one big propaganda lie to retain power, and that the massive revelation of Magic/Magecraft didn't result in any knowledge of spells no longer functioning... I'd certainly see a possible clash between Magi and Scientists (and the possibility of Ether Liners/A-Rays being developed even earlier in order to deal with the threat of TSAB.)

While the Church might end up gaining a bunch more Members if their faith is actually *Scientifically* proven to exist (Yahweh?), so expect a sudden mass of Revelations and fanatics amplifying the Churches belief and a few more gods belief back to Medieval Times?

Other than ignoring the possibility of other nasties like the DAA/True Ancestors and ORT clashing against TSAB. It would certainly involve Alaya/Gaia in some way, or Shirou getting "I Wanna Be An Heroic Spirit" symdrone and riding the broken masqurade as an excuse to be a public 'Superhero' who manages to turn the tide of battle against the TSAB time and time again.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I'd be extremely concerned over the Scientists beginning to get obsessed with developing Magitech here, especially if they somehow manage to reverse engineer TSAB Space/Dimentional Travel.

5/1/2012 . Edited 5/1/2012 #2,990
shikyoseinen

Look, I'm not going to go that far my head hurts already.

I think Earth VS TSAB will do.

5/1/2012 #2,991
Master Basher

Ah, must be thinking too much in the long term then.

But I'd certainly bet that Nasu Earth would have a chance, especially if you don't just consider the MA/Clocktower, Church/Executors, Demon Hunters, ATLAS, est...

RL Earth however... I'd doubt we'd stand a chance long term unless we can quickly reverse engineer some of TSAB's tech. Best case scenario would be for us to stay strictly neutral/uninvolved at all with TSAB affairs, and at least not make an allience/join said TSAB.

5/1/2012 #2,992
UBW

hmm so MA and the Holy Church become dominates earth

just as TSAB and the Saint Church dominates Mid-Childa

5/1/2012 #2,993
shikyoseinen

this is One Year War already LOL or neo Zeo war scratch that One year war seems more appropriate.

5/1/2012 #2,994
shikyoseinen

@UBW

I don't think so UBW Superpowers still exist

5/1/2012 #2,995
UBW

well the MA and the Church won't really intervene until things got dire

and the superpowers alone don't stand much chance (even against canon TSAB) I'm afraid

but once MA and the Church joins the fray (perhaps Shirou joins the fight even before the big Two does) they will be able to turn the tide of the war

and the two factions dominate the world afterwards

5/1/2012 #2,996
shikyoseinen

thinking what happens after War with TSAB, I don't want to go that far anymore LOL the discussion was about VS TSAB that what took my interest.

5/1/2012 #2,997
UBW

I meant superpowers will "unite" against this common enemy of earth but current technologies won't be enough against TSAB

governments will fall and we may become something like a colony of TSAB... that's where Shirou shows up and shows that yes there can be modern heroes

he may get a sealing designation for what he does but after a while, the whole world knows that magic exists and the MA and the Church won't really try to hide themselves anymore

so the second Earth vs TSAB war occurs but now it's our supernatural vs their army

5/1/2012 #2,998
Master Basher

And in a way, it's a good idea to stay that way, since the last thing I would want to think of is imagining the Church/Clocktower being the two Superpowers who will dominate how you act and live, and when/how you die. Anyone who disagrees with their politics or rises up against them either gets executed as a Heretic or gets slapped with a Sealing Designation.

Not to mention the other groups being ATLAS, DAA reviving Crimson Moon, est getting a bit more power in the aftermath, or any possible Science Groups developing a head start on Notes tech.

EDIT: @UBW's As for Shiro gaining a Sealing Designation... Maybe, depends on if it'd be a constroversal desicion after the whole public thinks of him as some Shonen Superhero. No matter what happens though, the name of 'Emiya' will strike a note for everyone, as 'the man who single handedly fought against an Alien Superpower, and won'.

Then again, he could always just desert Earth's Sealing Designation to either join the Church, or just join the TSAB if it'd involve saving more lives (though I doubt that would be a nice idea.)

Either way, if Shirou (or Shiki for that matter) manages to do the 'impossible' by single handedly destroying TSAB Forces, and there's more than enough witnesses (after Magic get's revealed) to spead rumours of the "Red Archer/Swordsman" and the "Blue Assassin"...

5/1/2012 . Edited 5/1/2012 #2,999
UBW

they will be the two dominant groups (btw Atlas is part of MA. The three branches of MA are Atlas, clocktower, and the sea of something).

of course there are other factions that will grow stronger as well. (the rest of nasuverse factions)

well people will be given choices as to whether or not they want to study magecraft or become a knight of the church. (MA doesn't care for more magi... they might like the recognition they receive though. Church will welcome new comers more than MA would but both are tough paths for people to follow)

as for Shirou... he may receive a SD for a while but he will become a world hero and have the SD removed (perhaps he will receive Wizard Marshal position. well a position in the newly established army of magi)

5/1/2012 . Edited 5/1/2012 #3,000
« Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: gabriel blessing Obiki Doragon, Mu-Sensei
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member