The Mechanics of In Flight
One of my reviewers mentioned the idea of starting a forum for those who want to debate various points of my story without clogging up the review section too much. I decided to go ahead and give it a try.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Raj8

Since the TFF Omakes thread is almost filled I decided I may as well create a new one for when it is fully filled

12/30/2011 . Edited by Mu-Sensei, 1/11 #1
solopy567

Capitalize TFF and the O in omakes and I will be satisfied.

12/30/2011 #2
gwonbush

And the C in continued...

EDIT: Somebody made an Index for all of the omakes!

12/30/2011 . Edited 2/23/2012 #3
Sage of Eyes

CAPITILIZE THEM LETTERS

12/30/2011 #4
Raj8

How do I edit the title if you tell me how I will add caps.

12/30/2011 #5
Master Basher

Just go to the FIRST Post you've made, click that lovely Gear Icon, Then click the EDIT link.

First Post should contain the Title/Post Subject. Edit the Title there and you're done. (Also UBW's, just try not to edit the F/SN Crossover Title just yet with this advice, I'd hate to re-edit in reply. :P)

Also, if you find that helpful, then giving me a talk on WTH does the TFF of "TFF Omake" stand for. Because if that TFF stands for "The Fanfiction Forum/'That Forum'." Then I'm gonna RAGE! That is/was why I avoided posting/reading this kind of Thread up 'til now. :(

12/30/2011 . Edited 12/30/2011 #6
Raj8

@Master Basher Thank you your post was very helpful but I am afraid to tell you that I do not know what TFF stands for.

12/30/2011 #7
Master Basher

Neither do I, which is why I've adopted the 'wait until I get an explanation'. Otherwise, I'm going by an assumption.

Besides, almost anyone new to Fanfiction can't access 'That Forum' anymore, especially with the Elitist idea of barring the creation of new accounts.

Less said, the better.

12/30/2011 . Edited 12/30/2011 #8
deppilf

It does indeed stand for 'The Fanfiction Forum'. If I'm not mistaken, the first thread was made by Obiki Doragon so he could post omakes written by other people on TFF where us commoners can read them.

Also, from what I understand, TFF stopped accepting new accounts due to the actions of a particularly persistent troll/group of trolls and not due to any elitist beliefs. That's just what I heard though and even if it's true it doesn't make it any less annoying.

12/30/2011 #9
Master Basher

I'd still stick by my beliefs, just that I won't bother you with them beyond this post, least I start a flame war.

I still have to thank @Obiki for posting any omakes, but it saddens me that I'm unable to know WHAT 'That Forum' contains anymore.

It makes me divided as to who was right. The Trolls, or the Admin? But surely they could have done the Spacebattles method of screening trolls/bots and bannin ISP's?

12/30/2011 #10
LordArchanon

We could if the admin was willing to show up more than once a year or so. Frankly, pretty much no one on the forum is happy that registration is closed, but it's not likely to change because the admin is essentially absentee (which was fine until he closed off registration.)

The original thread was posted to transplant some omakes made over at TFF to here so they could be read, but at this point it probably doesn't apply and Omake Thread Continued would suffice.

1/1/2012 #11
Raj8

If you guys want I can change it from TFF to something else if it comes to that.

1/3/2012 #12
lhklan The Unpronounceable

Following Sage of Eyes's latest omake:

Shirou: Hello. My name is Shirou Emiya. You took my daughter. Prepares to die. *swordrain Higa or any SOB that took his daughter*

Followed by him gently smiling and give his daughter a piggyback ride.

1/13/2012 #13
justbehappydammit

Welp, the old thread finally filled up, so now we're posting here from now until whenever this one fills up!

1/13/2012 #14
Sage of Eyes

I'm pretty proud of myself... So I'll post it here to!

Omake: Actions.

It wasn't my first choice, but it really needed to be done.

It was something of an anomaly in my life when things went well, so I strongly suspect that the Root was paying attention to something more… important, the past 4 years I had spent in relative happiness with Rin and Saber.

-Emiya Shirou

As I waved goodbye to my fellow college reject, my thoughts wandered indiscriminately settling upon matters that I haven't dwelled on for the past few months, mostly concerning Rin and Saber.

How were they doing? And more importantly: were they safe?

It wouldn't do for me to have left and for them to get persecuted needlessly, I would rather have stayed, or more likely they would've come with me.

I guess the only thing to blame was the fact Rin became an important figure in the Clocktower in our 6 years there, and Saber's inability to stray too far from her, that separated us from them.

It wasn't entirely justifiable of course but we just couldn't go together, or me by myself.

The hours before my hasty departure were harsh and taxing, a lot of stressed words were said in them mostly from my own throat trying to reason with my two lovers, it really pained them to see us go but even Rin knew that the Mages Association wouldn't stop itself to only my circuits…

I tried to stay away from thoughts as much as I could though, it wouldn't do to think as Shirou Emiya when I lived as Minato Sahashi.

It was an unexpected windfall when I was luckily found by my family literallyhours into my escape. The first meeting was tense and I had thrown a an altered knife at my mother's bodyguard as my mother was slightly faint as the shock enveloped her, it was a feeling I could relate to of course, the grail war and all its occurrences may have been years ago but all the surprises that occurred during those weeks would never leave me, even as I masqueraded as another person.

Keeping the news silent was surprisingly easy, and my father was happy to lend me a hand with finances when I stated that I would like to pursue my own career after graduating college.

His own words being "Ah the flight of Youth! How I remember those days! Pursue your dreams knowing that a kingdom will await you when you come back, my son!"

Had it not been for my mother's detailed eye over how my grades reacted while I was in school, I would've suspected he would've bumped up my grades to a ludicrous degree so I can finish my, once again in his own words, "adventures in youth" quickly and become a potential board member in his company.

It's been a really long time since I've been flattered so much, but my family seems to be practically rolling in cash and is influential enough to amass private armies, so I'm sure that it would merely be petty favors in their eyes.

By 'Their' of course I mean my father. My mother would not allow me such leeway in education, especially with the background story I had given her on my past.

My musings distracted me, of course, and when I finally rose from them I was already at my destination and I opened the door to let myself in.

"Ah! Sahashi-kun you're early today!" the attendant exclaimed, a normal businessman or woman would've been affronted with her casualness but since I was neither and frequented the place just as much the former two she and I were more like friends than simple acquaintances.

I greeted her back, using a less formal variation of the typical Japanese 'Konichiwa' before handing her the payment as I entered the small room.

She was alone, as always, the business men and women picked their own up before I had, it was a rare occurrence, but tomorrow was Saturday, a day off for most corporate workers.

As I entered her eyes seemed to brighten and she bounded to me, smiling as she tackled my leg. I knelt down as I towered over her much like most of my countrymen, though I doubted this would last long once she was old enough.

"How was your day?" I asked quietly in English, the language Rin, Saber and I had taught her to speak through, though she was speedily learning through Japanese faster than I could've imagined for a 3-year old.

My red haired daughter looked up to me with a smile that I would cut mountains through for, and answered in turn.

"It's better with you now, papa."

I can hear yo minds popping from here :D

Minato is 24-ish so that would mean for Sekirei timeline to be 'appropriate' Shirou would've spent six years with Rin and Saber...

I'm surprised I actually thought of this first...

1/13/2012 . Edited 1/28/2012 #15
Cyberbeta

Shiro sat transfixed in front of the television, notepad filled with writing and just analyzing what he had seen. That was how Matsu found him late in the evening.

"Shiro the bath is...are you ok?" Matsu had noticed his anaylitical look that he had shown when he was telling how he would end the Sekirei Plan early if he had to.

"...why did I not hear of this show sooner. The level of artistry..." Shirou kept mumbling to himself as Matsu knelt by him to see what had him so transfixed.

"Wow, you missed this show? It's really popular in other countries." She pointed to one of the people onscreen. "He's even on the American Version."

A few minutes later after the end credits had finished Shirou sat looking over the notes he had taken. The men had been artists making multiple works within only an hour, and still it had not been enough to decide a victor. He would have to watch the bonus round when it showed tomorrow evening. Until then he would ask Matsu how to view the American and other versions.

Oh yes, there was a lot he could learn from the Iron Chefs.

1/13/2012 . Edited 1/13/2012 #16
justbehappydammit

Shirou fascinated by Iron Chef? That sounds so like him.

1/13/2012 #17
Lazarian

Shirou's kid!! Who's the mother? Rin or Arturia?

1/14/2012 #18
JamJackEvo

@ Lazarian

The girl has red hair. And so according to the Emiya Clan archives, that's Keiko Emiya, Rin's daughter.

1/14/2012 #19
Lycodrake

@JamJackEvo: Except anything EC related was kicked out of any other threads entirely. ^^;

@Cyberbeta: Nice. XD

1/14/2012 . Edited 1/14/2012 #20
Syroc

@JamJackEvo

Ah, and there's the first time the EC was brought up. Stop that.

@Sage of eyes

Cuteness of the story aside (D'awww!), I can't help but wonder why Rin/Saber would allow Shirou to run off with their daughter. Rin more than Saber, since she would potentially be an heir. But that's a detail, and details are silly. Now if you excuse me, I must find some coffee to counteract this sweetness.

(Well done Sage!)

@Cyberbeta

Heh, and the Iron Chef idea is at last created. Been waiting for that. Nicely done!

1/14/2012 . Edited 1/14/2012 #21
JamJackEvo

@Lycodrake and Syroc

Forum n00b here, so I had no idea the EC became independent. Probably offended someone here. But I only know the bare essentials of the members; didn't bother reading the finer details (I was in a TL;DR phase).

Anyway, I suddenly have this wild idea for an omake that involves a cliche, deus ex machina device used in many fanfics in this site. I'm hesitant to do it because my knowledge of Sekirei lore is 90% empty (GB introduced me to the series through In Flight, but I'm too lazy to get up-to-date), and it involves this so-called "prize" for the winner of the Sekirei Plan. I don't even know if the manga has revealed that it was all one big ruse or something...

Or worse, someone has already thought up this idea and posted their work in an earlier thread.

1/14/2012 #22
Lycodrake

@JamJackEvo: Let's just say that the EC is looked down upon by anyone and everyone on other threads or forums. Despite it not being nearly as horrible as the "Naruto Fanon Wiki". *shuddering*

1/14/2012 . Edited 1/14/2012 #23
Syroc

@JamJackEvo

Not really offended about it. And you couldn't have known, so yeah.

As for your idea... go for it! I never let my Sekirei ignorance get in my way! And I'm certain that many people have written musings in some form or another on what the prize is. Even I've done it ^^ LET YOUR STORIES RUN WILD! LET US FILL THESE EMPTY ARCHIVES WITH GLORIOUS OMAKE!!!!

1/14/2012 #24
giodan

well why somebody don't make a omake on Lotte no Omocha or a crossover? shioru wolud bè a really great fater!!!

1/14/2012 #25
Lycodrake

@giodan: ...why are you bringing up that anime/manga? Seriously? I can't stand the premise or what I've read, watched or know of the characters. ^^;

I agree Shirou would be a good father...if he developed past the negative side of his ideals.

1/14/2012 . Edited 1/14/2012 #26
Megaolix

As cute as it was, real 3-year old aren't as capable as you write.

1/14/2012 #27
Syroc

@giodan

Because this section is for IF omake, and since I'm guessing what you're suggesting is to replace the male protagonist with Shirou then it would be taking things quite a ways away from IF.

Also, ten year old with a harem? No. A thousand times no.

1/14/2012 #28
Lycodrake

@Syroc: Not only a ten-year-old succubus with a harem, but an "needing" an entirely male harem. *shudders and takes a swig of brain bleach* =.=

1/14/2012 . Edited 1/14/2012 #29
JamJackEvo

Decided to read up on Lotte no Omocha, and I actually found it an amusing read. That is, of course, I ZETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAI ignore the whole male harem thing. I thank the author that Naoya is not a lolicon and is also a very likeable character--you don't really expect that from a Father-Since-12.

1/14/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: gabriel blessing Obiki Doragon, Mu-Sensei
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member