The Mechanics of In Flight
One of my reviewers mentioned the idea of starting a forum for those who want to debate various points of my story without clogging up the review section too much. I decided to go ahead and give it a try.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »

@ST: It's "Yuno", not Yuuno, just to be clear.

And I find that yandere can be long as any other potential love interest is friend-zoned ASAP. Forever.

5/8/2012 #2,971

See, that's why I tend to dislike Yanderes. It takes the choice away from you.

That, and the fact they tend to believe Murder is the Best Solution.

5/8/2012 #2,972
Third Fang

true, but they are by far the best when it comes to the execution of that thought process.

5/8/2012 #2,973
Shioran Toushin

OTOH there are different levels of Yandere, and if they are relatively sane and with their feet in the earth (and you are not an asshole, and thus love them dearly) they can be the very best GF in the world, because they would be utterly and irrevocably devoted to you (and if you are smart, will either let them down right before the obsession settles, or are trully in love with her)

5/8/2012 #2,974

There are multiple types of Yandere though much like Type A and Type B Tsundere.

Type A Yandere is the most common and have very notable examples like Gasai Yuno. They are very obsessive and/or possessive of their leads and would do anything for that him even if it means killing everyone around him or killing the lead himself.

Type B are a lot calmer and only go Yan when provoked like a certain do*che who wound up in a boat and they are also not avert to sharing if the main lead wants to. Momo Deviluke from To Love-Ru and To Love Ru Darkness is an example of this, her rather psychotic tendencies during Darkness solidifies her sharing yet Yan nature. Another example of none excessive Yandere is Kaede from Shuffle! she knows how to control it at least but she is more Type A than Type B. They are capable of letting the male lead go if the male lead did not lead her around and she resolution of leaving them though it hurt them very much. FSN also has it share of Yanderes and most of them are Type B.

Both Tamamo and Medea are Type B Yanderes if you noticed.

5/8/2012 #2,975
Sage of Eyes
I planned on making Miya a rather tsuntsun tsundere but type B Yandere sounds delightful :d
5/8/2012 #2,976

You don't want to make Lala cry, do you?

5/8/2012 #2,977
Sage of Eyes

No worries, I don't believe I can even write yandere, it's not very beilievable for me.

5/8/2012 #2,978

Yay, Tsun-Miya is gonna be funny! And adorable!

5/8/2012 #2,979

Alright then! Personal junk = Sorted!

Anyways, now I can get back to sorting out the Olympiads. That should be fun! Sort of!

5/9/2012 #2,980
Sage of Eyes

I didn't miss you or anything Syroc! Just make sure to update soon 'kay?

'Hefts Rickenbacker'

5/9/2012 #2,981
gabriel blessing

Yo. I find myself troubled and seeking advice. Naturally, I decided to come to a place of calm and dignified discourse, where every question and response is truly the pinnacle of contemplation, and all advise is sage.

then I realized that would be too much effort and came here instead!

Anyway, I don't usually seek technical advice, but decided to try it this once.

Basically, it comes down to this: Chapter 29 is a 28 pages at the moment, and I'm trying to decide if I want to post it now, or just let it stretch until I get it where I want it.

On one hand, it would get a new chapter out, and many would rejoice.

On the other hand, it would leave chapter 30 in a kind of awkward position, and I would have to really stretch it out in order to get it up to acceptable lengths.

What do you all think?

5/9/2012 #2,982
Silver Sun 17

not sure either.

what the hell get to the length you want.

5/9/2012 #2,983
Sage of Eyes

Long Chapters are better, go for as long as possible!

Just like anything good, its better when it's longer!

Hey GB do you play TF2?

5/9/2012 #2,984

Stretch it until you get it to the right length. Cliffhangers are allright, but awkward endings are much worse.

5/9/2012 #2,985
Third Fang

I normally do things by word count. Find how long your chapters are normally and try to get ch 29 around that that length, give or take a couple thousand words. It keeps pacing fairly constant chapter wise.

5/9/2012 #2,986
gabriel blessing

TF2? Um, not sure. What's it stand for?

5/9/2012 #2,987
Silver Sun 17

Team fortress 2

5/9/2012 #2,988

Team Fortress 2

Edit: As for advice, I say to get it to that 'right ending'. Been a good half a year already, nother one won't kill us. =P

It's better than the awkward.

Edit: Curse you Silver sun for beating me!

5/9/2012 . Edited 5/9/2012 #2,989
Sage of Eyes

Team Fortress Two, Free to play, World's Largest Military Hat Simulator.

Yes, Hat Simulator, You did not read that wrong my friend.

It's terribly addicting, especially it's capture the flag map Two-Fort (It's namer)

5/9/2012 #2,990

You could cut it off earlier than page 28 and put the overflow in chapter 30. If that doesn't work either, it's better to just keep writing until you have nothing else to write.

5/9/2012 #2,991
Satire Swift

I personally would prefer it if you stretched it out to make it less awkward if you think it would be so otherwise.

5/9/2012 #2,992
gabriel blessing

Nah, I'll pass on tf2. I'm already on lol, and I don't think I can stand another terribly addicting game in my life to drain my creative juices.

And in case you don't know lol, it's League of Legends. I think I did a brief omake of it a while back when it first sank its heinous claws into my free time.

5/9/2012 #2,993

Ooh, what's your Username on there? Mine' Alclieu, heh, maybe we'll end up playing once I get this computer of mine patched up for it.

5/9/2012 #2,994

Irelia or Midmorg FTW. Username is same as forumname if anyone is up for a game.

5/9/2012 #2,995

@GB It amazes me how you still updated so fast when you discovered Tvtropes during HoS.

Anyway, I suggest that you simply keep writing until you're satisfied with the chapter. No need to sacrifice quality for an update that people are willing to wait a bit for.

5/9/2012 #2,996
Sage of Eyes
It's I'll actually start playing Tribes Ascend this weekend (Another Free to Play).TF2 may be terribly addicting but if you've ever played Doom, or Half Life the game will eat your soul. And that's before you start getting random weapons drops, and finally succumb to actually buying something cheap to get access to 'Strange' weapons and befor you know it you're talking in 1337 and calling people noobs. (It's truly terrifying, glad I don't have any cash to succumb to it all :d)
5/9/2012 #2,997

Split it and throw in a larger than usual dose of omakes? Personally, I find that the longer chapters make it harder when one goes back to re-read parts they particularly liked or want to review to understand what's going on. Not a big deal, but since you asked opinions... :o)

5/10/2012 #2,998

Better to go for broke and just get all that you want to deal with out in that chapter, methinks. At this point I think that a week or two more isn't even going to register.

(Oh god, has it really been six months? What have I been doing all this time?!)

5/10/2012 #2,999

I likes me some long chapters.

But more importantly, just writing all you planned to in the chapter seems like a sensible policy, especially if it avoids future awkwardness.

5/10/2012 #3,000
« Prev Page 1 .. 90 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 110 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: gabriel blessing Obiki Doragon, Mu-Sensei
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member