The Mechanics of In Flight
One of my reviewers mentioned the idea of starting a forum for those who want to debate various points of my story without clogging up the review section too much. I decided to go ahead and give it a try.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
The Lord General

Since everything under the sun is being discussed on this forum then why not this.

1/30/2012 #1

Sure... why not, we are free anyway. My game :

1.Xenogear(ps1) - Xenosaga 1,2,3(ps2)

Many people says "OMG those game are freaking hard to understand". I admit they are not completely wrong. Imagine thephilosophy data that related to Xenosaga is about 1000 A4 pages in total (printed in both side) and Xenogear is much longer than that, this is not hard to understand why many people afraid of those game. However, this is GAMES for god's sake, why do you dwell on so many datas ? Those are for hardcore fan only, why can't most people just enjoy what they saw @.@

2. .Hack//GU vol 1,2,3(ps2)

Hell, this is one of the most underrate games i have ever seen. The only down side is graphic (and maybe too easy for who like grinding), but aside from that ? Great story line, which reasonable character development .... sign, i can not understand why people rate it so low .

Above is game i like. Now is game i think they are overrated. This is my personal opinion, so dont flame please

First, the battle system suck. Why bother moving at all, if you cant attack if too far away, but can be attacked ?

A princess trying to save her country - good. A rebel join her- good. She do not have an army, no strategist. Her enemy is AN EMPIRE. Suddenly, she got the help from that empire's prince. And another prince killed the king, making him the big bad boss for the party to defeated. Take him down and the war is over ! So easy .....

I face palm for 5 minutes when i saw that part ...

I think there is enough review about "how that game is not as good as people think" already. No town - Fine . Warrior-girl : great . But seriously, no party changed by player's choice ? Straight-line dungeon ? And almost no character (beside Lighting) worth remember ?

1/30/2012 #2

@Chaos0205: I haven't gotten to play FF XII or XIII on my own, but I have to say you seem a bit hyper-critical about the XIII characters. That's all. XP

1/30/2012 #3
lhklan The Unpronounceable

Agree with Chaos 0205 about the Hack//GU games. And the game wasn't easy for who like grinding. Some time yes, but if you want to level up fast, you have to go to area above your level a bit. And hope you don't run into Doppelganger.

Another one is Valkyria Chronicles. Not a lot of people knows about it, but ever since i've played it, I'm hooked. Seriously, the style of drawing, the story, the character seems to just drawn you in and won't let you go. *Except for Maximillian and Damon, who I would be very happy to gets close to them with all sort of pointy things.*

Another one is MMX Command Mission. A redirection from the usual MMX platform, but it was strangely refreshing.

1/30/2012 #4

@Lycodrake : Maybe. Although I think every game should have at least 1 or 2 characters for player to remember

1/30/2012 #5

@Chaos0205: I remember other characters from XIII, so...maybe this is a case of our mileage varying. XP

@Everyone: One of my favorite Final Fantasy games is IX. I grew up with it, still have my PS1 and all four disks, and still have saved files for it. ^^

1/30/2012 #6

@Ihklan : Maximilian is voiced by Lelouch Vi Britannia, so I dont hate him that much. He used Selvatia as a weapon(that is her name right ? ), but really, this is much better than used her as a guinea pig

btw, you are from GVN arent you? Your way of speaking sound so similar to me.

1/30/2012 #7

Her name is Selvaria.

And what's GVN?

1/30/2012 #8

Her name is Selvaria.

And what's GVN?

Never mind, if you dont know that this mean i got the wrong guy

btw, i heard that VC 2 happens before VC1, and VC3 happens at the same time but on the different place. Is that true ?

1/30/2012 . Edited 1/30/2012 #9

Partially. Valkyria CHronicles takes lace in EC 1935, with VC2 takes place two years later and VC3 also in 1935.

You can meets an older Welkin and Alicia in VC2, while in VC3 you can actually meets them during their war days,.

1/30/2012 #10
Sky Zephyrus

Would be .hack//G.U. Great storyline and great character development (I'm looking at you, Haseo). And definitely much easier game mechanics compared to the first four games. Too bad .hack//LINK is a bad final game for a great franchise...

I know that outside Ar Tonelico series is a great game, but here in my country it was branded as a girly game...Really, they don't know how to appreciate a good game.

1/30/2012 #11
Third Fang

speaking of haseo and the .hack universe, I've been told that there's a new hack game with him in it coming out for the ps3. there are only a couple of picts out so far, but it looks epic.

1/30/2012 #12
Sky Zephyrus

@Third Fang

Really?! Where's the link for the pics?

1/30/2012 #13

Yeah, the Development was obvious and nicely done. Here's how it goes

GU anime - Roots = post anime - 1st game = 2nd game = 3rd game

Naive, emo and a bit grumpy = Crazy, jerka**, selfish = Jerk with a heart of Gold, . = Nice Guy with the occasional blunt and sarcastic comments.

1/30/2012 #14
Third Fang

sorry. I don't know where they are. I was at a buddy's house a couple of days ago and he showed them to me off hand. I forgot what site they're on, but I could ask him for the addresses in a bit. he's normally working pretty hard for his folks, so it might take a while.

1/30/2012 #15

@Sky : really ? Ar Tonelico as a girly game ? And why should you care for that , since you can play at home alone and share your opinion here .My favorite is Aurica/Lyner or Mir/Croix :D

Well, consider how all 3 goddess is mess up, this is really a miracle that Ar Ciel can be revived =)

1/30/2012 #16
Sky Zephyrus

You're right it does. I love his development at Vol. 2 and his interaction with normal characters like Alkaid. I actually cried when she was PK'ed and jumped in joy during their Reunion scene in Vol. 3. The third game was really good, too bad you got the Xth Form really late and got to use Skeith the Third only in final Avatar Battle.

It's a great game and like I said, most people here in my country didn't know how to appreciate a good game. The good game in their mind is somewhere along Tekken or PES. Those barbarian trolls.... AT series is a good game with beautiful story, great character development, and...oh God, the music really, REALLY, beautiful! The in game songs are so splendid! Masterpiece! Since I haven't played AT 3, I assume it was just as a splendid as the first two games.

1/30/2012 . Edited 1/30/2012 #17

@Sky : AT3 is the last game of the series (i read from somewhere that they do not plan to continue, at least not the moment) which you will eventually revive the planet .The 3rd goddess is describe as "the brightest among Shurelia,Frelia and her", but almost everything she said is related to fried bread - which is her favorite food =)

If you havent played it, try go to youtube and search for EXEC_COSMOFLIP. This is the best song in AT3, and one of the top 5 best music of the series

1/30/2012 #18
Sky Zephyrus

Will do later :D

And god, the goddesses are a little screwed up in the head. See Shurelia, almost everything she creates are themed with rabbit! She's almost as bad as Rukia! But I think Shurelia is the sanest and the most normal goddess compared to the other two.

1/30/2012 #19

@Sky : Shurelia get lost in her own tower, ask Lyner for a date by deploy the all Emelia knights on a "mission"

And yet, this is true that she is the sanest :))

1/30/2012 . Edited 1/30/2012 #20
Sky Zephyrus

I remember that. Ah, great times, great laughs....

1/30/2012 #21

Every games got one sense similar to this : Insert crystal into Reyvantiel

I loled so hard during this :D

1/30/2012 #22
Third Fang

I don't know if anyone's played this series, but I sooooo wish that a Zone of the Enders sequel comes out eventually. Those mechs were among the few that I could proudly say could trump a fully tricked out gundam.

1/30/2012 #23

I don't know if anyone's played this series, but I sooooo wish that a Zone of the Enders sequel comes out eventually. Those mechs were among the few that I could proudly say could trump a fully tricked out gundam.

ah... Zone of the Enders. Another great games by great Hideo Kojima. ADA + Jehuty + Dingo = win

1/30/2012 #24
Sky Zephyrus

@Third Fang

I never played ZoE because it was so rare here, but I do agree the mechs looks really cool.

BTW, I found the new .hack game info in Siliconera. This game will be released as the direct sequel of the Movie .hack//Beyond The World which was released in 21 January 2012. Looks like Haseo will be the protagonist once again *cheers*, but unknown if this is the same Haseo or someone used his PC.

I'm looking forward for it!

1/30/2012 #25

btw, then we are talking about .hack, I wonder how come no one realize that The World is very unfair ? Look at Haseo, he is friend with 2 GM, 1 game admin ,1 hacker, got VIP character and use hacked weapon in PvP . Normally someone like that is got his account blocked

1/30/2012 #26

But then, the creator of that world ain't exactly normal either.

And beside, he's not the only one. Looks at Kite.

1/30/2012 #27
Final Cyn

I preferred Haseo back when he was Sora in .hack/sign, giving him amnesia so he wouldn't remember the World, Morganna, or being possessed by Skeith was kinda pathetic.

1/30/2012 #28

FFX - I've always kinda been alone in this, but I loathe it. And I only have one reason to do so: Yuna. Everything else I'm either cool with or like. It's just her that bothers me. Maybe it's just the english voice actor she had, but her stammering shyness and the game's insistence that I was supposed to like her just made me wish that I could slap the people responsible for her every time she opened her mouth. Maybe if the game had caught me in my impressionable teenaged years like FFVII had I'd like it more, but as it is it just grates on my nerves. Then I watched the intro for its sequel, and lost all hope of ever taking it seriously again.

Metal Gear Solid - I liked the first one (even though I sucked at it) well enough. It had awesome things in it: giant mecha, cyborg ninjas, psychic psychopaths and so on and so forth. But then the plot went on to become one long string of 'are you freaking kidding me?'-s. I don't mind a game playing fast with the science: it's when people start getting taken over by replacement hands that I begin to wonder why nobody stopped Hideo and told him, point blank, "That's stupid".

Kinda-sorta like

Alpha Protocol - This game got shat on from on high, and I can understand why. It tried to do too much, and didn't quite manage any of it. I always feel that if the devs had just focused on stealth, and maybe put a bit more crazy-awesome into the bond-esque game it would have been awesome. It didn't hurt that they were trying to ape Bioware, either. On the whole I thought there was some interesting storytelling in there.

EDIT: Oh, and like Third Fang: Zone of Enders. Gimme some mecha-love!

1/30/2012 . Edited 1/30/2012 #29

Ninety Nine Nights and it's secuel.

Everyone hate those games if you check the critics they never get more that 6 of 5 points of ten, but I absolutely love both games, both are hack and slash with very simple stories but between the over the top finishers and the system of play very similar to RPG they become fun adn for me awesome o don't get me wrong I know they don't are very good games but I love them XD

1/30/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: gabriel blessing Obiki Doragon, Mu-Sensei
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member