The Mechanics of In Flight
One of my reviewers mentioned the idea of starting a forum for those who want to debate various points of my story without clogging up the review section too much. I decided to go ahead and give it a try.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Tyrant's Bane

Well after a bit of work i managed to convert the first 28 chapters into a ebook format, and was wondering what i should do with it right now. If Gabrielle doesnt mind, i could send him a copy so he could put it on his profile, or if he says its ok i could do something or hand it to someone who will. Anyways it looks fairly good, and i managed to format it a little so it isn't a complete disaster of a copy/paste =P

3/8/2012 #1

You magnificent bastard...

3/8/2012 #2
Tyrant's Bane

thank you =D

If the Author(s) doesnt mind i plan to do the same to

The Hill of Swords

Shinji And Warhammer 40k

NGE: Nobody Dies

The 2nd Try

and maybe a few others

3/8/2012 #3

*drops to his knees*

"All hail Tyrant!"

3/9/2012 #4
Servius Regis

Excuse me while I burglarize your house...

3/9/2012 #5

@Tyrant's Bane

Please convert Yet Again With A Little Extra Help and From Fake Dreams by Third Fang as well.

Indeed, please do...

3/9/2012 #6
Third Fang

Just FFD would be fine if you wanted. There's no need to kill yourself over Yawaleh. That monster is huge.

3/9/2012 #7
Bloody Hero

No kidding I was curious at how many pages FFD was so I copy and pasted all chapters in my Microsoft word program and spent time giving it proper spacing. That story alone has filled out 354 pages and that was with taking out the authors notes. If FFD was enough to do 354 God have mercy on the poor fool who endeavors to turn YAWELEH into a E-Zip book. That (well written and rather delightful) monstosity is probably at least 3000 pages.

@Third fang

By the way, I was wondering if you would mind if I printed out your story. I don't plan to sell it or anything I just kinda wanted my own book version of it. So since it is your story I would like your permission if I can. Gotta give proper respect to the author and all that.

3/9/2012 #8

I already have HoS in EPUB, though the editing might be a bit sloppy in places. (I only ever read books from my DS, so it's kind of a crapshoot as to how well it works for other stuff.)

3/9/2012 #9
Tyrant's Bane

haha, you should see shinji and warhammer 40k, as a word document its over 1700 pages.....

too put it in perspective, the in flight as a word document takes up about 900 pages. in its converted state as an ebook it takes up around 6000 pages...

anyways, does anyone know who created the image for in flight on the tvtropes page? I kinda used it for the cover and want to make sure its ok with that person before making this available. Also ive left in the author notes and spoilers, but moved them to the back of the chapter instead of in the front as it was always kinda enjoyable reading those too =D

Ill probably make another version of the ebook in the next couple of days without the authors notes and spoilers just in case.

3/10/2012 #10

Oh my... awesome.

Though you may want to keep your doors locked if Servius truly intends to rob you of it. =P

3/10/2012 #11
Well there is program for downloading fanfiction. It's called... Fanfiction downloader. I have FFD, yet again, HoS, IF...
3/10/2012 #12
Tyrant's Bane

so where should i upload this, or do i just send it to seomeone

3/11/2012 #13

I have Hill of Swords in a Indexed HTML File, made with MSword. I used in my old C510 (sonyericsson) phone. Also I have Child of Mine, Educating Ayaka, Pandora (Negima). If its interesting, or simply of any help I uploaded it on my 4shared account.

the links:

HoS: ht tp://w ww.4shar ed.c om/docum ent/MUb89 O58/The_Hill_of_S ml

CoM: ht tp://w ww.4sha red.c om/docum ent/q8JES tIO/CHILD_OF_M INE.htm l

EA: ht tp://w ww.4sha m/docum ent/VjqZuE Ns/EDUCAT ml

Pandora: ht tp://w ww.4sha m/docum ent/jCn1w0 hZ/PANDO RA_2.html

3/13/2012 #14
Servius Regis

Just out of curiosity, do you still follow EC?

3/13/2012 #15

I have stopped in the 3rd thread, but not by option. I own a little neighborhood grocery shop, and it was in a dire situation, so I'm working double shift for almost a month now... Its getting better so I decided to came for a visit. I should return soon... but no promises. If you could point me to compilations so I don't have to browse 90+ pages I would be grateful thought...

3/13/2012 #16
Servius Regis

Talk to BenBladesman, he's become our resident Indexer. If anyone can point you to the right snips to read, its him. Past that, each of us can give you information we've discussed or come up with if you ask. Most of the actual fics are in the FSNxSekirei section.

Good luck with your business, my sister and brother in law own a neighborhood grocery in Davao City. I worked there a while back so I have a bit of an idea of what you're going through.

I'm looking forward to see you return. I really love a lot of your work.

3/13/2012 #17

Thanks. I don't have any idea where Davao City is, as I am from Volta Redonda - RJ in Brazil, but only people that worked alone in a groccery shop at rush time knows how bad could it get... I will catch up and be back soon enough, til thread four than!

3/13/2012 #18
Servius Regis

They raised the post limit (to what, I have no clue, it might be as high as 10000), so thread 3 might not be over anytime soon.

Davao City in the Philippines, on the island of Mindanao. It's kinda my hometown.

3/13/2012 #19
NAJ P. Jackson

thank you =D

If the Author(s) doesnt mind i plan to do the same to

The Hill of Swords

Shinji And Warhammer 40k

NGE: Nobody Dies

The 2nd Try

and maybe a few others

I started reading the fics listed in this list just because you rated it in the same level as The Hill of Swords. I'm almost finished with Shinji and Warhammer40k. It a good fic, although there are times where I skip several paragraphs because it's too damm long. A few times I don't even understand what is happening in the story :P

3/14/2012 . Edited 3/14/2012 #20

Shinji an Warhammer40k I'm past 40 chapter... I like it, but I know what you mean about long chapters... some times it takes me hours to read a chapter, bouncing back and forth to try and piece somethings.

Nobody dies, somewhere between 15 and 20 chapter its enjoyable so far.

the 2nd try? never heard about, going to search for it.

@SR: Philipines? that is why I havent found it on man, you're a WORLD away :)

3/15/2012 . Edited 3/15/2012 #21
NAJ P. Jackson

Nobody dies, somewhere between 15 and 20 chapter its enjoyable so far.

I beg to differ. There are a LOT of character deaths lol. Shinji is a badass in this, so much better than in the anime/manga and Gendo really is an a$$.

If you find the link of the other titles post it here will ya.

P.S. I'm in the Philippines too :)

3/15/2012 . Edited 3/15/2012 #22

@NAJ-P.J: I'm pretty sure that Mu means the fanfic named Nobody Dies. ^^;;;

3/15/2012 #23
Tyrant's Bane

Both are great fanficsm shinji and warhammer 40k makes shinji a charismatic badass, almost gives off a TTGL feel, yet at the same time hes not an all powerful character, gives it a nice balance. So many twists in it too =D.

Nobody dies is plain epic though, one of the best NGE fanfics out there, its NGE as it SHOULD have been. the quote "God's in his heaven because he FEARS our SUPERIOR firepower" sums it up fairly nicely. Nobodies overpowered, there is a ton of action and plot twists, and its over 110 chapters long so far. Not to mention REI, REI is epic in every sense of the word. She is an unstoppable Genki girl with ADHD on speed.

The 2nd try is NGE time travel fic which is extremely well written. Its extremely enjoyable and well worth the read.

for the lazy here's the links

and finally other fun fanfics ill probly make into ebooks =D

on that note ill probly be finished and have the fanfic ebbok for in flight and possibly hill of swords rdy to go by saturday, ive decided to take the pic out, since noone can tell me who made it, and id rather have permission b4 adding it in. In addition im making a 2nd version without the authors notes.

If anyone has some pictures for in flight/hill of swords that they've created and want me to add them in let me know, i can fit them in for the cover or for a particular scene if u make em.

Finally for those of you wondering what programs you need to make your own ebooks, its really easy, just get libreoffice and e-calibre. they are both free preograms and work great. basically copy paste your stuff into libreoffice, then convert it into a pdf (after formatting it to look nice). then open the pdf in e-calibre, and covert it into a e-pub.

3/16/2012 #24
NAJ P. Jackson

@NAJ-P.J: I'm pretty sure that Mu means the fanfic named Nobody Dies. ^^;;;

Ah yeah my bad lol.

@Tyrant's Bane

Here's my fanart of The Hills of Sword. Feel free to add it if you want.

3/16/2012 . Edited 3/16/2012 #25
Third Fang

... please draw a ffd fanart. your work is full of chocolatey fudge covered goodness.

3/16/2012 #26
NAJ P. Jackson

heh I have thoughts of doing one, FFD has peak my inspiration. Problems however are such:

1) Don't have tablet. I mostly do artwok using mouse and it takes a LONG time (depending in my level of interest) to finish. Most of the time I just loose interest in finishing artworks this way. Even now I haven't finish my other Hill of Swords art I've been working on. Not to mention the Percy Jackson and Naruto artworks in my list.

2) Imma perfectionist. If I feel I haven't done justice to the fanart then I won't release it.

3) I'm not really good in doing backgrounds. Drawing the character itself is easy, it's the background I get frustrated with :(

Other than the above issues if I find time I might do a simple character drawing. Maybe do a Shirou with that trench coat he wore in the recent chapter. Or Shirou using his weapon inheritance from Kiritsugu, however I am having a little trouble picturing what Maiya, Natalia or Kiritsugu looked like though....

3/16/2012 . Edited 3/16/2012 #27
Third Fang

Natalia and Maiya are shaped like Kanshou and Bakuya, only the edges of the blades to the middle are more distinct so you can tell where the edge of them stops unlike KB. Kiritsugu on the other hand is a medium width longsword with the center cored out.

Natalia's (aka the Severing blade) color scheme is fairly simple. The bulk of the metal is a faint steel blue, however on the edge of the blade is a distinct but not flashy blood red stain pattern like you'd expect to see on the edges of fancy katana.

Maiya's (Blade of binding), is more similar to Kanshou in that it's core color is a dull dark grey, with distinctively yellow/brown veins traveling all over it much like the red hexagons, only the veins are slightly thicker in contrast.

Kiristugu on the other hand is a pitch black blade with the veins and red stain designs of both Maiya and Natalia on its appearance, signifying that it can sever and bind at the same time.

I'm still a bit iffy on other details on the blades, so if you ever decide to put your own flair on them I'll have no complaints whatsoever.

3/16/2012 #28

i tried drawing the blades, but came out looking like kanshou and bakuya. i ll try again later, but not for now. maybe sunday, if i feel inspired.

3/16/2012 #29
Tyrant's Bane

For those of you were were waiting here you go, Ebooks of In Flight and Hill of Swords. In flight is still kinda rough and has no picture, but since ill have to be adding and editing that one for a while as the author continues to add chapters i believe i will have plenty of time to get it looking really good.

Credit to Namikaze for providing me the cover image for Hill of Swords.

I hope everything came out looking alright, please let me know if anything is wrong with these so i can correct them.

With that being said, enjoy.

3/29/2012 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: gabriel blessing Obiki Doragon, Mu-Sensei
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member