The Mechanics of In Flight
One of my reviewers mentioned the idea of starting a forum for those who want to debate various points of my story without clogging up the review section too much. I decided to go ahead and give it a try.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »
anonymus.suika

'Can you heal her?'

'Well, avalon shows some promising result, but this will take days and avalon can only works with my presence, unless...'

'Unless?'

'Unless I can establish some link with her that allowing me to give her my prana'

'So, can you help her?'

'Yeah, but just like I said I need to create a link with her.'

'So, what are you waiting for? Please do it know'

'I can't. I need to have to perform a ritual and stuff'

'Can you do it now? She looks really ill now. I'm begging you'

'Yes, but the rituals....'

'Do you need something for the rituals? Is it a sacrifice? I'm willing to do it for her'

'No it's not but this rituals....'

'Then what do you need? I'll do anything'

'Well, remember how I wing akitsu. This is the same ritual that needs to be done and uh....'

'....'

5/15/2012 #211
justbehappydammit

@sagittarius

Wait, what? I'm Filipino? Why did nobody tell me this?

5/15/2012 #212
Shioran Toushin

we didn't intend for you to find it in this way, we're sorry...

5/15/2012 #213
Servius Regis

@JBHD

You have to start eating fermented fish guts now.

5/15/2012 #214
Syroc

This is what happens when you don't ride exotic animals everywhere, matey. People start thinking you're one of them

On a related note, I must now ride my polar bear home!

5/15/2012 #215
justbehappydammit

And here I thought I was whiter than sour cream!

(Bonus points for reference.)

At any rate, I shall return to my dorm on my mountain lion so I can write the promised omake!

5/15/2012 . Edited 5/15/2012 #216
Shioran Toushin

i'll stay right here near my volcano to keep warm while my (conquered) pet Jaguar brings me tribute in the form of delicious food

5/15/2012 #217
Servius Regis

Bah! Those all tremble in comparison to my loyal pet Leviathan! He can rape, pillage, and burn! All at the same time!

5/15/2012 #218
gabriel blessing

Plus, if you ride a ferocious enough animal you can declare everyone else's arguments invalid by default.

5/15/2012 #219
Syroc

Or just let them eat them, and save money on the feed-bill while at the same time putting the fear of grisly death into all dissenters!

It's the perfect plan!

5/15/2012 #220
Third Fang

not unless you have a pet mongoose. I don't know why, but i just think that those things are awesome. Hell even the name seems manly. Mongoose. It's like what you call a bird hopped up on steroids, but instead its this... thing... that fsking eats snakes.

5/15/2012 #221
Syroc

@tf

Did you, by any chance, name it Rikki Tikki Tavi?

5/15/2012 #222
Bloody Hero

@Third Fang

Yeah I agree, Mangooses are tenacious little bastards who won't give up until the end. You probably like then because they might remind you of various anime/game characters you like who don't give up when the road gets tough.

5/15/2012 #223
Third Fang

@syroc:

if I had one, I would name it crash bandicoot... just to say that I did, and that I had a mongoose named Crash Bandicoot. Oh man that would be awesome...

@BH

eh. I just like them cause they sound cool, they look like ferrits, and in terms of build and setup, they're pretty efficient. plus, their names sound cool. Mongoose... eheheh...

5/15/2012 #224
Bloody Hero

@Third Fang

Well that is true as well, for some reason now I see Shirou having a mongoose as a familiar. It'd be kinda fun if it could do some simple rune based magic (lol).

@Everyone else

So when do you think the fight with Karusuba or perhaps Mutsu will happen. Personally I want Shirou to fight someone significantly powerful to be honest.

5/15/2012 #225
kazuakisama

@BH Too much has happened for there not to be a battle between Karasuba and Shirou. Especially with the new plan to escape with one of the jinki

5/15/2012 #226
Tiresias535

@TF: The mongoose is old and busted. The honey badger is the new hotness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

5/15/2012 #227
Bloody Hero

You know I know it would be overkill but I would like for Shirou to use UBW on her just to see her reaction to it:) I think it would be very VERY amusing to see what would happen after he lets that looseXD

5/15/2012 #228
irfane

My appreciation for the mongoose took a steep climb when I read the Belisarius series. Of course, it takes several books before that comes up.

5/15/2012 #229
sagitarius

@JBHD

You're not a Filipino? Sorry then. These exams are making my memory a bit faulty when it comes to outside subjects.

@SR

Oh come on. I may love my country, but even I hate the fermented fish guts. I prefer the ground and marinated pork wrapped up in its own intestines.

5/16/2012 #230
Syroc

@sagi

soo... basically sausages?

5/16/2012 #231
Third Fang

haggis?

5/16/2012 #232
David The Lord Of GrimDark

@Third Fang

I believe haggis uses the stomach not the intestine, from what my Scottish friend tells me.

5/16/2012 #233
Animesage

@David

I believe that's right.

@Everyone

Ooh, if we're on odd foods. There's 'Casu Marzu' Sardinian Cheese, basically it is pecorino fermented to the point where cheese fly maggots start showing up. It is best eaten if the larva are still alive, because if they are dead, it means that the cheese has rotted to the point of being toxic. However, be careful as the larva fill jump if they are disturbed, so either shield your eyes or seal the cheese in a plastic bag and suffocate the maggots until they are dead from that.

But the cheese is kind of banned now, only available in black markets.

Is that preferable over fermented fish guts?

Ooh! lhklan, do you know what snake wine is?

5/16/2012 . Edited 5/16/2012 #234
Third Fang

it sounds like something you'd put on fear factor.

personally though, my dad would probably eat both with a smile on his face. the dude eats anything.

he once told me that he was on some buisness trip somewhere in asia, and a table nearby just got dessert. "dessert" apparently was defined as a live monkey having its head stuck through a hole in the table, getting knocked out, and having its skull opened so that the guys could eat the fresh brain...

Huh... I think I hear PETA breaking down the door of my house now...

5/16/2012 #235
Animesage

I think Monkey Brain is Chinese... possibly.

Though that dish is one of the more controversial ones.

And possibly the brain was part of the Manchu Han Quanxi (Manchu Han Imperial Feast) 108 dishes served over three days and six banquets fit for an Emperor consisting of various exotic ingredients like leopard fetuses, rhinoceros tails, camel humps, etc... and many Chinese cooking techniques.

Let's see Shirou pull that off.

5/16/2012 . Edited 5/16/2012 #236
sagitarius

soo... basically sausages?

Hah! It's better than sausages. It's Filipino style Longanisa!

Of course, i like Tapa and Tocino better...

Okay wait, so first this thread turns into a discussion about planetary entities, then food, then animals, and then back to food?

5/16/2012 #237
Syroc

Priorities.

We have them.

5/16/2012 #238
Shioran Toushin

AFAIK the only difference between chorizo and longanisa/Longaniza is that in the chorizo the cintents are minced and in the longanisa they are not. /shrug

5/16/2012 #239
sagitarius

@Shioran

Actually 1) You're wrong. 2) The difference between chorizo and longanisa differ themselves between countries. 3) While I don't know about other longanisa, I've seen it made from scratch and have actually been thought how to make it in true Pinoy fashion, so I actually know what I'm talking about. 4) You mispelled contents.

5/16/2012 . Edited 5/16/2012 #240
« Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: gabriel blessing Obiki Doragon, Mu-Sensei
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member