The Mechanics of In Flight
One of my reviewers mentioned the idea of starting a forum for those who want to debate various points of my story without clogging up the review section too much. I decided to go ahead and give it a try.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
gabriel blessing

Yo, starting the 31 thread. Any questions or comments about it should be stuck up here, so feel free to post. Just, no more topics about sandalwood please. Seriously. How the hell did that even happen?

6/17/2012 #1
Animesage

Hmmm, well, I guess I have to say, this is all right.Not exactly spectacular, but not horrendous either.

Though I guess part of it is just me itching to see the third match come about. Ufufu

6/17/2012 . Edited 6/17/2012 #2
Beasts lair's Fraggle

10 bucks that giving Avalon to Chiho is going to bite Shirou in the ass sometime soon, most likely by him getting his heart stabbed out again or something....

6/17/2012 #3
Shakuras

I honestly think that someday, Shirou will make Homura's brain go boom.

6/17/2012 #4
Tiresias535

For whatever reason, I quite enjoy exposition, or at least the reactions to exposition. It's just a matter of time before Homura finds out who Archer was, isn't it?

As an aside, it feels like Tsukiumi and Musubi have been sidelined for the last 5 chapters or so. Any plans for them in the future?

6/17/2012 #5
Shioran Toushin

now, besides what fraggle said i got to say that it will upset both Saber and Rin, and the question of the hour is "Can he get it out of Chiho without severly damaging her?"

6/17/2012 #6
Animesage

Oh, do not get me wrong though, I quite enjoyed reading this.

6/17/2012 #7
chrnno

Yeah Shirou make a good call in not saying Archer's true identity, Homura's brain couldn't handle something like that...

6/17/2012 #8
watcherinthevoid

The sandalwood thing was a spam bot so not much we can do about other then report them.

6/17/2012 #9
Obiki Doragon

Sometimes, exposition has to get out there. Glad it was done during a slow chapter.

6/17/2012 #10
Servius Regis

Let's have the Archer revelation somewhere where it's more dramatic and high rolling. This chapter was an slow, plot progressing, infodump and it would have not done it justice. Once we get back to the good stuff, then we can talk about it again.

6/17/2012 #11
Balagor

@GB.

At one point (I think during the insertion sequence) you used sword to refer to Avalon. I suspect you meant sheathe.

Now think how the flock is going to react if (heck if, when) they learn of Archer's identity. Not counting the red and grey wave coming out the back of Homura's skull, the rest will be really distressed.

6/17/2012 #12
Granoc

I am glad to see the new chapter but I really have to ask...Am I the only one having trouble believing what Shirou just did? With barely any info at all he just popped out the Real Avalon and inplanted it on Chiho when the copy would be more than enough even if it took more time? Can he even get it out again? Sorry Gabe but seeing this not so naive,hardened Shirou you showed us for the last 30 chapter do such a colossal blunder is a bit to much. Unless there is something I dont understand? Has Shirou done this before? Is he positive that he can retrieve his main advantage over his opponents?

Before the "Shirou would risk everything without a thought in order to save a life" crowd jumps in I would like to point out that this Shirou at least has said repetedly that he will do everything he can to save the maximum amount of lives so using a nuke like Avalon simply to heal one person a little faster and endanger his ability to save many more lives in the future is simply retarted.

6/17/2012 #13
Third Fang

question: did you ever specify whether or not shirou could take avalon out of chiyo? because as of now it sounds like its stuck in her.

6/17/2012 #14
OtakuReject

i think he'll pull it out... mostly because Saber will kill him if he loses it...

6/17/2012 #15
Shioran Toushin

it's all over IF that Shirou does know how to use, trace, Extract and implant Avalon because Rin and Saber once knowing about it Drilled into him how to use it, a necessary action knowing how suicidal Shirou's actions tend to be.

and quote love:

"Just be quiet a second," I told her, grimacing as I put the fingers of my hand against my chest, flexing them slightly and feeling as they dug into the muscles of my pectorals. "I've only done this once before, and I got to concentrate to make sure I get it right."

and the shock of the last chapter where he became aware of just what kind of image he was projecting to the Sekirei and Ashikibis, which is also the reason of why he didn't terminate the enemy Sekirei at the end of the last chapter.

6/17/2012 . Edited 6/17/2012 #16
Third Fang

i'm asking if he knows how to take it out of other people. I remember in FSN that saber couldn't take it out of Shirou when she first found it, she had to get Shirou to take it out himself.

6/17/2012 #17
gabriel blessing

Actually, I think Shirou taking Avalon out of himself, deliberately putting himself at risk and chancing an incredibly powerful artifact in order to save a perfect stranger is pretty in character for him, canon wise.

And I'm glad the exposition isn't wearing thin, because there has to be one more chapter of it. Not the next one, that one is actually going to have some character development, but a little while later.

I didn't want to mention it on the Author's notes, since I don't want to give out too much in the way of spoilers to the general readers, but the last few chapters have had a whole buttload of Chekov guns being cocked. There are some planned segments where magi interfere in the Sekirei Plan, and having all this set up now rather than having to explain it mid combat later on is part of the reason I bit the bullet and used the fallout chapters to put in so much exposition.

6/17/2012 #18
Ravyn moon

Ah, you broke my dreams of seeing how the flock react to knowing that Shirou would have become a hero! I hope you add either an omake or a scene later on where he reveals that little tidbit.

6/17/2012 #19
Shioran Toushin

i was mostly answering to the one above you, but that is why i asked the same question a few posts above, but it is possible, afterall Iri was the previous user, then Kiri again and then Shirou OTOH Saber and Rin could find a way.

6/17/2012 #20
OtakuReject

you know matsu... when does she ever let Shirou get away w/ secrets... it'll come up again and next time his dodge will fail...

6/17/2012 #21
Third Fang

one of your checkov's guns involves Matsu typing all of what she found out about Thaumaturgy onto her computer isn't it? Let me guess, she either posts it on the internet, or someone else finds out about it and things go to hell.

also, I can't help but think that those energy drinks that Shirou's been drinking is somehow another gun waiting to go off too, but heaven help me I can't imagine how at the moment.

6/17/2012 . Edited 6/17/2012 #22
EagleEye9000

Waver used energy drinks as a cheap substitute for prana potions in the Fate/Zero light novel.

As for Matsu, I'd be disappointed if she were dumb enough to put that stuff on the internet and I doubt any trouble would come from googling runes or the names of legendary heroes.

6/17/2012 #23
justbehappydammit

@TF

Simple. He's gonna crash at an inopportune moment.

6/17/2012 #24
Shioran Toushin

and matsu seemed to learn her lesson a few chapters back, but i'm with justbe, he is going to cracsh, either that or assume something he shouldn't.

6/17/2012 #25
OtakuReject

as far as stupid internet posts go I'd be more worried about Uzume's web hunting then Matsu's... Uzume was kind of desperate for a cure and she really doesn't think before doing things... I can just see her posting on some church website asking about magic healing remedies and using a few too many accurate words for their comfort...

6/17/2012 #26
hanashinobi

there is a small, chauvenistic, part of me that wonders if Homura is having a period.

6/17/2012 #27
Flere821

@GB: New chapter is good, though if you tried to make things less boring by putting in slice of life stuff you got the opposite effect *sweatdrop* I personally found the infodump more interesting than the harem antics.

As for Avalon and the third match coming up, with Chiho (as far as Shirou can tell) cured now surely Shirou can retrieve Avalon before she wakes up and before he goes to the battle? Use a copy as a placeholder for the time being if necessary, Shirou's not dumb enough to go into battle without Avalon in him right? Especially after so many fights when he got injured even with Avalon in him, against stuff like elementals and dead apostles. If Chiho's condition isn't looking good then I can understand him not bringing Avalon with him, but as things are now Shirou has to be smacked with the Idiot ball to not bring something that could save his life.

I look forward to the upcoming a$$kicking =)

6/17/2012 #28
Tyrant's Bane

He is going to re-implant Avalon back inside himself right? I sincerely hope he does because not doing that would be near suicidal, stupid and OOC seeing as it could very well put Chiho on the Mage associations hit list for experimentation.

Also great chapter, exposition is fine. Ch 32 plz =D

6/17/2012 #29
Vorpal

As for Matsu, I'd be disappointed if she were dumb enough to put that stuff on the internet and I doubt any trouble would come from googling runes or the names of legendary heroes.

Disappointing wouldn't begin to cover it. It would completely destroy and outright reverse the character development she had so far and make her into a stupid diabolus ex machina.

6/18/2012 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: gabriel blessing Obiki Doragon, Mu-Sensei
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member