Welcome to Collinwood
Are you a Dark shadows fan? Do you miss the ghosts and vampires and wherewolves? Then come on in and let's talk about the show that continues to haunt us long after its conclusion. Anything Dark shadows related will be discussed.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
JMackenzie

I have just learned that Jonathan Frid, who played Barnabas Collins on Dark Shadows has passed away! Words cannot express my deepest sadness at this time! He was a wonderful kind man, who played my favorite character on the show. He will be greatly missed.

If you would like to post memories, thoughts, or feelings on this topic, please, feel free to do so. I would also kindly request that you not bash the actor or the character he played,

on this thread.

4/19/2012 #1
watermelonwafflesBISCUITS

I know how you feel on the topic of Frid's death. When I was watching Dark Shadows the other night, my mother had told me that he had passed away in April. I had immeadieatly paused the show (As I was watching it on Netflix) and just stared at her like "What???". My mother had a poster of him on her door when she was little and watching the show.

I applaud him on his ability to stay in character and his ability to just have the effect on me that actually had me thinking he was Barnabas Collins a few times. In one of the epicsode, I could have sworn I heard a fire extinguisher. When Frid didn't just burst out laughing at that, I was astonished. He would not break character for a single thing.

The world has experienced a great loss of an amazingly fantastic actor. He will be greatly missed. (He's my second favorite character and my mom's favorite since he entered the seires.) I am greatly saddened by this loss and was shocked when I first heard about his death. R.I.P. Jonathan Frid, a great person and actor.

5/20/2012 #2
JMackenzie

Thank you for your kind words about JF. He truly was an amazing actor who could express so much emotion, even with a single word.

5/20/2012 #3
DryadPrincess

Anybody else wonder why, when Dan Curtis made a Dracula movie in the 1970s, he didn't have Jonathan Frid play Dracula?

4/3/2014 #4
JMackenzie

I think because he was already associated with barnabas, it might have been difficult to cast him as another vampire.

4/3/2014 #5
Forum Moderators: JMackenzie
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member