Here are some tips to getting past writers block.
1. Write something else. Sometimes it helps to give yourself a break from your main project and work on something else. Once you've given yourself a break you can return to your main project with a fresh mind. Besides after a break you might find yourself missing you story and wanting to get back to it.
2. Think through your plot. One of the reasons you might be experiencing writers block is because you don't know where you're taking the story. Walk away from your computer/notebook for awhile and really think about where you want the story to go. Sometimes when you step away from your computer it takes the pressure off and you can really think about where you want to take the story. Once you know what you want to write, go back to the computer and write it out.
3. Watch the show. If you're writing BTR fanfiction and get writers block, then watch the show. It's what inspired you in the first place. Watch the show and really suck it in. Chances are you'll get some ideas.
4. Read. Reading other fanfictions will help you get into the right mindset to write your own. It might also give you an idea or two.
5. Power through. Sometimes there's no cure and you really just have to force yourself to write. Even if you aren't really feeling it, you can push some writing out if you really try.8/9/2011 #1
6. If you know people from the site, try to bounce ideas off them or talk about the story in general. Everyone's usually friendly and we all have friends within the site, and I'm sure no one would mind if you do this. Because if you think about it, stories are unique, but there are parts of every story that feeds off or gives new ideas to other stories. Or the fact that some indirectly use ideas from reviewers to fuel a new chapter or a new perspective you haven't thought of before. Everyone moves the fandom, not just one person. This will help you refocus, reestablish why you love the fandom, and the people you have met.
7. Music. We all love it and cannot live without it. And for most people, it does help the writing process. Just by sitting down and listening to a few songs can reenergize us and get us in certain moods. Use the feelings and thoughts you have while you listen to music and utilize it to help you write the next chapter.8/22/2011 #2
8: Write Anyway
I'm not saying bully yourself. But how about you just check over the chapter and try for twenty minutes? Sometimes you might find that all you needed to do was get on with it.2/3/2014 #3
9. Sit down and think about what you would like to happen
Say your writing an Attack on Titan fanfiction and lets say Sasha is about to be eaten. Would you want her to live? Or maybe she should die?
REMEMBER: This is your story. You don't have to live up to anyones expectations10/30/2015 #4
|Forum Moderators: sam temple PimpedOutGreenEars, TealMoose|
|Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member|