Tokos Pikmin discussion
Your one stop shop for all your Pikmin needs! Discuss Pikmin biology, oddities, and the upcoming Pikmin 3! The unofficially official FF.N Pikmin Forum!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
TokoWH

This thread is for talking about our other, non-Pikmin related fics, or fanfics by other people then ourselves. If you read a really good fanfic, or looking for feedback on your non-Pikmin fics, feel free to post it here.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7129195/1/Two_Stinky_Tails

By far, I consider this to be the best fanfic I've written for any series so far, although the more and more I look at it the more and more imperfections I spot... I don't feel like going back and revising it though. Damn thing took me three freaking years to revise last time. DX

4/14/2012 #1
Bandicoot Sauce

Okay, this is the first time I've offered up something to a forum. I'm not even sure if I'm doing this right...

TokoWH, I, Bandicoot Sauce, offer to you a possible segment for your Spyro story: 'The Infinite Loops: A Tale Of Two Realms'. I'll try to keep it fairly short. Whether you choose to use it or not is your call.

Loop Title: The Other Hero's Tail (Part 1)

This was a strange loop to say the least. Once again, Legend had found himself waking in Classic's world. His Sparx was with him, but there was currently no sign of their counterparts or Cynder.

In fact, all signs pointed to Legend and his Sparx filling the shoes of Classic and his Sparx, but as this was a variant loop, a few changes were in effect, not that Legend really knew that, for he was only familiar with so much of Classic's world known as the Dragon Realms. Legend had awakened just after Red had already started his 'master plan' with the Dark Gems, but Legend had not awoken in the Professor's lab for mission briefing.

He had awoken in the cage in the Ice Citadel. Red had already planned ahead for this loop and had taken the precaution to put Spyro out of the way. Red wasn't awake, mind you; he had just taken a different approach to dominating the Dragon Realms for this loop. Of course, with all of (Legend) Spyro's elemetal powers and skills, it was no trouble to bust out of a mere metal cage. He had used his fire element to soften up the metal before rapidly cooling it with ice, causing the cage to simply break apart. Spyro might have never gone to any official school, but still, logic was a wonderful thing...

What wasn't so wonderful were the events that followed Spyro's jailbreak. First of all, Sparx was not awake and the smart-mouthed dragonfly had had an absolute panic attack, having suddeny found himself nowhere near the good ol' swamp he and Spyro had once called home. Spyro was worried that Sparx's psyche would be critically damaged by this loop (assuming it hadn't been already) and mentally cursed the Admins everytime his gaze fell upon the uncharacteristically jumpy Sarx, who kept glancing around nervously, terrified that something far worse than a mere Frogweed might suddenly decide to snack on him.

The pair were currently exploring the Coastal remains, having flown there from the Icy Wilderness. Sparx seemed to have calmed down somewhat, even though he was still clearly troubled. The sea air and the tropics were doing him some good, and even Spyro had to admit that the atmosphere was quite relaxing. Sure, the occasional Gnorc - as the locals called the commonplace monsters - would try to take a swipe at Spyro with a hammer or club if the purple dragon got too close, but these fat, lumbering pink troublemakers were clearly not all that bright and were easily defeated or even chased off with a short breath of fire that was barely even a hundred degrees fahrenheit.

"Hey, look at this." Sparx called from ahead, having found a glowing diamond that Spyro had learned was known as a Light Gem. The treasure was sitting up on top of a cliff that would've been difficult to ascend had the purple dragon and his sidekick not been able to fly. Sparx soon carried it down, looking pleased with himself. "Sure looks valuable, but then so did the other twenty-two we found on the way here."

"I'm not sure we should be taking all of them, Sparx." Spyro said uncertainly. "What if any of them are missed by someone?"

"Spyro, this is a crazy place for sure, but who'd be stupid enough to leave something this shiny lying around?"

Spyro had to admit that Sparx made a good point. Malefor certainly would have left his personal treasures unguarded. That's not to say that all of the Light Gems and Dragon Eggs had been obtained without trouble. Spyro had almost been beside himself when he had heard that theives were stealing Dragon Eggs from all over the place and he had made the safety of these unborn dragons his utmost priority. Well, that and destroying the Dark Gems. They reminded him of those terrible crystals the Dark Armies had used to power their golems.

"Hey, who's that guy?" Sparx wondered aloud, indicating a figure sheltering in the shade cast by an overhanging rock. He looked like a youthful mole, though not of the same breed as Mole-Yair or Exhumor. He was just sitting in the shade looking decidedly uncomfortable.

"I don't know." Spyro admitted, having never seen this breed of mole before. He was torn between two conflicting thoughts. One one hand, there was every chance this mole could be an agent working for Red and was just waiting for Spyro to show up so he could attempt to stop the purple dragon. Then again, this mole looked pretty young, perhaps even younger than Spyro (speaking from a non-looping perspective, of course). While Red didn't seem anywhere near as cunning and dangerous as malefor, Spyro doubted that Red would recruit mere children as soldiers. Of course, Red's taste in minions so far hadn't left the best impression about the danger level he posed...

"Yo, mole boy!" Sparx called loudly, sounding more like his old self. Spyro mentally facepalmed. If this boy was part of a trap - however ill-concieved it may be - Sparx had just triggered it.

"Huh? Oh, hi!" The boy responded, getting to his feet and waving cheerfully. "Well, I'll be! Sparx and the one and only Spyro as I live and breathe this... fresh air." he said, shuddering slightly when he mentioned 'fresh air'. "I never thought I'd get to meet you face to face."

"Well, I'd like to think that I am a big deal." Sparx said smugly, his ego building. Spyro rolled his eyes, but also chuckled, glad that Sparx was being himself again.

"Uh, I think he was talking to me, Sparx." the purple dragon said as he walked over. "So, who might you be?"

"My name's Blink. Blink the Mole." the kid declared, sounding rather proud of his own name.

"Right." Spyro said, acknowledging the name and taking it to memory. "What are you doing out here? There's quite a few Gnorcs around, you know."

Blink immediately frowned. "So? It's not like I can't handle them." he said. "I've handled worse underground. In fact, I'd go and take down every Gnorc on the island... if it weren't for my fresh-air-a-phobia." he finished sheepishly.

"Your... fresh-air-a-phobia?" Spyro repeated, raising an eyebrow. It was then that Sparx burst out laughing.

"Oh, gosh!" he exclaimed. "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! What's the matter? Can't be without TV?" he teased.

"Says the guy who probably has one in his subspace pocket." Spyro muttered, earning a glare from Sparx.

"Hey, it's not funny!" Blink insisted, pouting. "I can't help it. I just have this fear of not being trapped deep underground. I know it's weird, but I--"

"So you basically have reverse claustrophobia?" Sparx asked, still sniggering. "Boy, did someone drop you on your head when you were a baby or what?"

"HEY!" Blink said angrily. "Don't start with me, alright? The Professor's my uncle and he built me these gloves to give me special abilities while exploring underground, so--"

"So they're useless while you're above ground?" Sparx guessed. "Talk about an empty threat! It's no wonder you prefer being down below. You're a sitting duck up here."

Blink growled and raised his left hand, taking aim at a nearby pebble and firing a laser at it, leaving a small blast mark on the ground where the pebble had been.

"How's that for a sitting suck?" he demanded.

"Jeez, you don't have to get so edgy." Sparx exclaimed. "I was just messing with you. With that attitude, underground is probably the only place you're welc--"

Spyro clamped a paw over Sparx's entire face before the dragonfly could insult the mole boy any further. "Sorry about him." he said to Blink. "He doesn't know when to quit."

"Ah, he's probably right, though." Blink admitted, lowring his arm. "It's the fresh air. It's got me all worked up. Say, maybe I could explore below ground and see if I can find any Light Gems for you."

"Wow, you don't have to do that just for me." Spyro said, surprised. "To be honest, I'm not even sure what Light Gems are for."

"Really?" Blink asked, looking bewildered. "Well, the Professor has taught me all about their properties and minerals, so..." And with that, the mole was off, explaining all about the uses of Light Gems, how they were formed, their purposes in modern society and so on. Sparx looked deeply annoyed as Blink just talked and talked.

"Now look what you did. He won't shut up." he whispered to Spyro.

"...Which, if true, could mean death for us all, but only if the particle accelerator in question were to be hooked up to an interdimensional shifter with a large enough quantity of Light Gems to overload the circuitry and--"

"Yeah, that's great, kid." Sparx said, his voice dripping with disinterest. "Blah, blah, blah, isn't it just fascinating? If these Light Gems are so important, why don't you just waddle on down underground and bring us back a few as promised?"

Blink narrowed his eyes at Sparx. "Say, why don't you come with me, Sparx? You'll be able to see exactly where Light Gems come from. It'll be..." He hesitated. "...Fun. What do you say, Spyro? Mind if I take him on a little trip? I'll bring him right back."

Spyro had a feeling that Blink was hiding something, but there was no malicious intent reflected in the young mole's eyes. "Well, okay." he said uncertainly.

With that, Blink knelt down and started digging rapidly, pausing briefly to motion to Sparx to follow him. With a shrug, Sparx followed Blink into the newly dug tunnel.

Twenty minutes later...

Blink emerged from the ground in front of Spyro, his arms loaded with Light Gems. He had a big, satisfied smile on his face.

"Where's Sparx?" Spyro asked.

At the mention of his name, Sparx poked his head out of the ground, trembling madly.

"There were giant spiders down there." he said, his eyes wide and his voice crazy. "You didn't tell me that there were GIANT FREAKING SPIDERS DOWN THERE!"

"And you know why I didn't tell you?" Blink asked.

"Why?" Sparx demanded.

"Are you sure you wanna know why?"

"Yes!"

"Absolutely sure?"

"JUST TELL ME!"

"I didn't tell you because..." Blink paused, leaning close to whisper his next words to Sparx. "...You didn't ask."

Sparx let out a frustrated roar while Blink laughed at the look on the dragonfly's face. "That was NOT funny!" Sparx declared.

"That'll teach you to mock a cool mole who'd make a great sidekick." Blink said smugly.

"If it weren't for your fresh-air-a-phobia." Spyro put in.

"If it weren't for my fr-- Hey!" Blink exclaimed, annoyed. Spyro and Sparx roared with laughter.

"That's right, baby!" Sparx cried. "You can't out prank the master prankster!"

"Who, me or you?" Spyro asked, laughing harder.

Sparx frowned. "Classic really rubbed off on you, didn't he?" he said, displeased that he had been put in his place by both his brother and some stranger.

Spryo chuckled. Oh, the rest of this loop was going to be fun.

Weird, but fun.

And that's it for now. Let me know what you think, TokoWH. I'll leave you with my work. Hope you like it.

12/31/2014 #2
Forum Moderators: TokoWH
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member