|Storylover Vodhr- Dux Ducis
The purpose of the brotherhood of the pen is to further the writing skills of all that join, as well as assist any writer that wishes it.
The brotherhood of the pen is arranged by ranks, and ranks are chosen by the amount of experience or skill each member happens to possess.
Experience is determined by the number of stories each member has written. To promote fairness and equality, the number that is needed is low. There is 6 ranks.
The first rank is the Head Alpha, and there can only be four at any time. They are the leaders of the brotherhood. Each one of the four Head Alphas are completely equal in rank and power, and there is no official "leader" of the group.
To become a Head Alpha when there is a open position, you are required to have 4 stories. If you pass the perquisites of skill and story count, then a vote takes place with all active members.
The next rank down consists of the regular Alphas, who are in charge of a separate chapter of the brotherhood. Same perquisites of Head Alphas. One may ask to be promoted to this rank at any time, but a vote by all Four head Alphas is required to be accepted. If one becomes a Regular Alpha, one also must chose a fandom in which to make their outpost in.
Next down the line are the betas, which there is no limit to how many betas there can be. To become a beta, you need 3 stories.
After that, there are the gammas. They need 2 stories.
And the lowest rank is the omegas, and they only need 1 story.
Members are not limited to what rank they can be by the amount of stories written. If a writer is skilled enough, he can be promoted to any normal rank the Alphas agree upon.
Only Alphas and specially trained Hunters can recruit members. No exceptions.6/18/2011 . Edited 2/24/2012 #1
|Storylover Vodhr- Dux Ducis
There are 3 jobs that the general population of the brotherhood can enroll in if willing.
1. Mentors. They are the teachers of the group, helping the less experienced members or writers that ask for assistance.
2. Thetas. They are the equivalent of The Brotherhoods MPs. They keep the peace and break up arguments. They also make sure members refrain from breaking the rules.
3. Hunters. The Hunters recruit other members they see fit, search for stories that members request finding, or bring back a link to stories they deem exceptional.
Note: Rules and perquisites for each job are determined by the head of each role.6/21/2011 . Edited 2/24/2012 #2
|Storylover Vodhr- Dux Ducis
If a Member is willing, A member can apply to become a Alpha. If they are accepted, (See Alphas, Post 1) They are allowed to chose a fandom where they will take charge of, supervising any recruitment and expansion in that fandom. They are still under the command of the head Alphas. Here is a list of required topics for the forum that will be their base of operations.
A. Required topics
1. Guide To the Brotherhood (exact copy of original)
2. Rules. (Exact copy of original)
3. Hunter's den (Exact copy of original's rules, other then that, custom to wishes of Hunter In charge of area.)
4. Alpha Rules.
5. List of members (only members recruited at said chapter)
All other procreated topics are allowed, but not required.7/19/2011 . Edited 2/24/2012 #3
|Storylover Vodhr- Dux Ducis
VII. Chapter categorization.
Chapters are categorized by a few things. Size, the main purpose of the chapter, and the Age of the chapter.
Chapters earn titles through either usage or size.
Base of Operations
The Brotherhood was founded on June 09, 2011 by Storylover Alpha 01.
The first Generation of Head Alphas are as follows: Storylover Alpha 01, Enchanted to meet you Alpha 02, ROxas Alpha03, P3MF Alpha 4-Richter.
Head Alpha retirements:
Storylover Alpha 01: Retired, Changed Name to Storylover Vodhr- Dux Ducis. Succeeded by holospartoi258 - Alpha 01.
Enchanted to meet you Alpha 02: Left site. Succeeded by Commentaholic - Alpha 02
ROxas Alpha03: Retired, Left Brotherhood. Succeeded by Jak Alpha 03.
The second Generation of Head Alphas are as follows: holospartoi258 - Alpha 01, Commentaholic - Alpha 02, Jak Alpha 03, P3MF Alpha 4-Richter.7/19/2011 . Edited 2/24/2012 #4
|holospartoi258 - Alpha 01
Here is the list of other Brotherhood forums. Enjoy.7/28/2012 . Edited 7/28/2012 #5
|holospartoi258 - Alpha 01
Codes of Conduct:
1. Respect all members, as well as nonmembers, and their opinions. Discrimination or insults on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, racial background, etc. is not allowed by FFN guidelines, and it will not be tolerated.
2. This forum is partially intended for the general improvement of writing skills and creativity. As such, members should do their utmost to uphold FFN guidelines in their stories, and give constructive criticism wherever it is needed or desired.
2.1 If you are not a brotherhood member, please use the allowed topics for non-members. Such as these:
3. U r not allowd 2 tok lik dis, or @ leest u r discouraged frum doin so. In following the idea of improving upon our abilities as writers, members are obligated to post intelligibly. No chat speak or 133T! speaking. Additionally, while profanity is not against the rules, it is discouraged and best reserved for fitting situations. Editing profanity to replace a letter with an asterisk makes it slightly acceptable.
4. No member shall be forced to perform an action against his/her will. This is not a dictatorship, after all, and we do value and consider the opinions/beliefs of our members. If you don't want to, say, post a review in the Ratings thread, you don't have to. However, in keeping with Rule One, you are not allowed to use this as an excuse to Troll, break the rules, falsify your rank, etc.
5. Members below the rank of Alpha are not allowed to accept applicants from the Membership Applications thread unless explicitly instructed by an Alpha.
6. Ranks (see "Ranking System," in the Guide to the Brotherhood thread) carry some weight as to authority here, so if a member of a higher rank requests that you stop doing something, such as chat-speaking, it is generally considered respectful to follow their wishes. Similarly, treat the moderators with respect, as they generally act for the good of the Brotherhood. Arguing disrespectfully with a mod regarding forum policy and other important (as well as less important) topics may land you with a temporary/permanent ban.
7. Please refrain from spamming in the chat threads. Spam does not contribute to the conversation, and merely takes up useful space. If you do feel a need to spam, post in the Green Eggs and Spam thread. On that note, don't abuse the Announcements thread. While we do value what you have to say, useless and inane posts such as what you had for lunch generally aren't approved of (unless it was something exotic and weird, like puffer fish or eel).
8. These rules extend beyond the bounds of this forum and its threads. If you are a member of the Brotherhood, you represent us in everything that you do on FFN. We do not allow for members to be courteous and respectful while in our forum, and then go gallivanting off to write rule-breaking fics and troll elsewhere. Respect is key.
Special Rules: Alpha
1. All Alphas are moderators in the Brotherhood HQ forum.
2. A new Alpha is chosen by the current body of Alphas, and must be voted in unanimously, or, if the number of Alphas at that time exceeds five, be voted in by majority rule. The nominated Alpha must meet the prerequisites for the Alpha rank, being that he/she has written at least four stories (this may be adjusted at the discretion of the reigning Alphas, if the nominee is below the number requirement, but has written/is writing a larger fic) and is considered to be an able Beta.
3. When recruiting new members from the Members Application thread, Alphas have free reign in selecting those that may join, as well as determining their starting rank. However, the chosen starting rank may only be up to the rank of Beta, with the only exception being if that Alpha does not have a Zephyr, and wishes the new member to take such a position. In the event of Zephyr selection the moment after joining, the remaining Alphas are permitted to request an in depth review of the new Zephyr.
4. An Alpha may authorize a member to recruit from the Members Application thread. However, that Alpha is to be held responsible for all the actions of that member, in addition to the applicants that member approves for membership.
5. Alphas may vote for a member to receive a promotion that they are not qualified for based on their number of stories, but the vote is by majority rule only. Conditions may also be added to the voted-upon promotion, such as requiring that member to reach the proper number of stories based on their rank by a certain date.
6. For the sake of identification, all Alphas are required to post their rank and number in their penname and profile.
7. There are typically only four Alphas, though as the forum expands, more may be voted in as necessary to represent the various fandoms, so long as the ruling Alphas agree to it, along with the majority of the Beta- and Zephyr- ranked members. (This vote by the majority of the entire Brotherhood and unanimous vote by the Alphas does not include those members that apply to head the various chapters and Brotherhood Outposts.)
8. All Alphas are allowed to choose one member of the Brotherhood to succeed them in the event of death, retirement or disappearance for a period of over six months. These successors are immediately promoted to the rank of Zephyr, with no vote by the remaining Alphas necessary, unless an objection is made. Zephyrs may not vote in the Council Chamber, but may post their input on matters being discussed. Zephyrs are required to post their rank and number in their penname and on their profiles.
9. Should a consecutive tie occur in the decision-making process, the Betas may nominate a temporary Alpha to serve as a tie-breaker. The elected member is then promoted to Alpha for the course of the vote, after which they will return to their previous rank.
10. Alphas may propose to make a major change in the Brotherhood's structure, and request a public vote to take precedence over the Council Chamber. A poll thread will be created, and forum members will decide. Alphas may not participate in the public vote, only present their opinions and ideas about each option.
11. Alphas may overturn a public vote, but only if the entire Council Chamber of Alphas is in agreement, meaning the vote must be unanimous and all Alphas must be present when the final decision is made. If the Alphas' ruling vote is successful and the public vote is overturned, all members of the current reigning body of Alphas forfeit their positions to their Zephyrs and are permanently demoted to Betas. An Alpha demoted in this way may only become a Zephyr, and later an Alpha, if they are selected, reviewed thoroughly, and voted unanimously to become a Zephyr by the reigning Alphas. That newly-promoted Zephyr is then placed under a three month period of probation, in which they may not be promoted to Alpha for any reason. Demoted Alphas that wish to create a Brotherhood Outpost chapter, or continue leading a preexisting chapter, must be voted to that position by a public vote, and even then are no longer allowed in the Council Chamber, unless they return to the position of Zephyr.
Special Rules: Zephyr
1. Zephyrs are chosen on an individual basis to act as an Alpha's second-in-command, and are not required to be voted into their position by the Council of Alphas, unless an objection is made by one of the Alphas. Granted authority almost matching that of their Alpha, they are tasked with performing the same basic functions as their superiors, picking up the slack while their Alpha is sick/not present, and to replace that Alpha should they retire, die, or disappear for a period exceeding three months without prior indication.
2. Upon promotion to Zephyr, a member may request to be made a moderator of the Brotherhood HQ forum. This request is then reviewed by the current Alphas, and given a green light if the member's reasoning for the request is sound.
3. Zephyrs are not allowed to vote in the Council Chamber, but they may post their thoughts and opinions on the matters at hand in that thread.
4. Zephyrs are required to post their rank and number on their profile and penname.7/28/2012 #6
|Forum Moderators: Storylover Vodhr- Dux Ducis Arty Thrip - Alpha 04, Commentaholic - Alpha 02, P3MF Alpha 3-Richter, holospartoi258 - Alpha 01|
|Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member|