The Brotherhood of the Pen Headquarters
All Brotherhood members and interested writers are welcome. If you wish to join, please leave a application. If you wish to get some help for your writing, feel free ask for a member to help you in the non member chat or go to the relevant topics. Have fun!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Storylover Vodhr- Dux Ducis

general nonranked conversation.

7/21/2011 #1

Ok, we are now talking here.

8/4/2011 #2
Lightning Wolf-Jager

And now we are here.

8/4/2011 #3

cool, a echo!

8/4/2011 #4
Commentaholic - Alpha 02

I shall miss the last chat...

8/4/2011 #5
Lightning Wolf-Jager

Anyways, Instead of just recruiting members as the hunters, or alphas see fit (Way to few people to be effective) we should advertise the brotherhood in our stories. People who wish to join can submit an application to a hunter or alpha. After which the recipient of the application form will 'interview the person in question. If deemed an acceptable member they will be assimilated. Sound good?

8/4/2011 . Edited 8/4/2011 #6

I have No problem with it. what About you ROxas?

should we make

8/4/2011 #7

Sorry, cp problems.

Should we make some sort of test for people who want to join?

8/4/2011 #8
Lightning Wolf-Jager

One of my favorite quote from Begley: "Play me a tune, Oh lady of little virtue!"

8/4/2011 #9
Lightning Wolf-Jager

One prerequisite is that they can't be an Idiot.

8/4/2011 #10
Commentaholic - Alpha 02

We already have some criteria for those who are candidates, but perhaps we should allow less in. The ones that are lower ranks, such as those who don't really write... they tend to stay omegas and we don't really hear from them at all. I have some experience with online clans, and exclusive invites tends to get people to stay better. Though, small as we are, we can't really be picky...

8/4/2011 #11

How about this. They have to join a job. like a mentor, theta, or hunter, they have to pass the test to join.

8/4/2011 #12
Lightning Wolf-Jager

We could also have spies. Who knows who might be out to destroy our brotherhood.

8/4/2011 #13
Commentaholic - Alpha 02

The problem with that idea is that our job listings aren't really active at all. I mean we have the jobs listed, but we don't really do anything much. Arty and I noticed that our main goal, which is to help people by receiving requests and sending the appropriate assistance... doesn't seem to be achieved.

We need to get out there and gather requests if that goal is to be actualized.

8/4/2011 #14
Lightning Wolf-Jager

We need to make our presence known. Like the great assassins of the crusades and renesance (Believe it or not, the historical events of AC are accurates.) we must be known. The assassins killed in public to make themselves known. They made sure everyone knew of them.

8/4/2011 . Edited 8/4/2011 #15

Ok then. we need to gain reconition. Any Ideas? But no directly mentioning it in the review, unless it is for a job.

8/4/2011 #16
Lightning Wolf-Jager

Advertisation in our stories. That's the only thing we can really do at this point.

8/4/2011 #17
Commentaholic - Alpha 02

It's called Shameless Advertising for a reason. It's generally accepted as long as it's not really too much or too in-their-faces. All in all, we could also benefit from posting a collection of our stories under a collab profile. Such as we all write a story.. then we each submit one onto the collab file. The collab could be the face of the group, as it would possess stuff from all of the main faces of the brotherhood.

What do you think?

8/4/2011 #18

Sure. I have a profile sitting around.

8/4/2011 #19
Lightning Wolf-Jager

We could have stories revolving around our brotherhood. In all essence, our brotherhood is alot like the assassin's creed. Doing what is neccessary for the betterment of society without trying to control everything. We could make the stories where the Canon characters join a possible future image of our brotherhood. One where the brotherhood is recognized, but misunderstood by society. There are a lot of possibilities. You just have to think them up.

8/4/2011 #20
Commentaholic - Alpha 02

It's kinda like something I do with a friend of mine, except it's just a collab story. We'd have to write a story specifically for this account though, and label each story appropriately as to who actually wrote it. We'd also have to have access to an open email address that nobody would have trouble accessing so that we can all keep track of reviews and story alerts and such.

Gmail's never failed me, but I suppose that other people use other email providers.

8/4/2011 #21
Commentaholic - Alpha 02

@Roxas Glad you like the idea.

8/4/2011 #22
Lightning Wolf-Jager

I use Gmail as well, but it is so freaking slow on this computer!

8/4/2011 #23
Lightning Wolf-Jager

Maybe someday our brotherhood will swell in size and become a government recognized entity. Imagine it.

8/4/2011 #24

Maybe. Maybe...

8/4/2011 #25
Commentaholic - Alpha 02

I like gmail because it's convenient and accessable by any device or computer. It also has quite the spam filter. It's also super easy to make one up.

If we're going to go with the collab account idea, make sure to message the password to the relevant members, not posting it here on the forums for the world to see. Also the shared email's data.

8/4/2011 #26
Lightning Wolf-Jager

A thought has crossed my mind here. Who exactly counts as the founding members here?

8/4/2011 #27
Commentaholic - Alpha 02

Well, Story's one... and I might consider the other Alphas, as well... And probably the zephyrs. Me and richter came along later, as far as I'm concerned, though I hope that I'm seen as somewhat relevant :P

8/4/2011 #28
Commentaholic - Alpha 02

and I realize there's some names I've left out, but I can't remember them right now as I'm about to pass out on my keyboard.

8/4/2011 #29
Lightning Wolf-Jager

I think that only people who participate in this brotherhood should count. The second alpha has posted... what... Once, since the the brotherhood's inception?

8/4/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Storylover Vodhr- Dux Ducis Arty Thrip - Alpha 04, Commentaholic - Alpha 02, P3MF Alpha 3-Richter, holospartoi258 - Alpha 01
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member