The Brotherhood of the Pen Headquarters
All Brotherhood members and interested writers are welcome. If you wish to join, please leave a application. If you wish to get some help for your writing, feel free ask for a member to help you in the non member chat or go to the relevant topics. Have fun!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Storylover Vodhr- Dux Ducis

Here is where Non brotherhood writers and members can converse, either about brotherhood policies, random things, or just because they are bored. please be polite, or at least keep the language to a Pg 13 level. Also, try to type clearly, so everyone can understand you.

8/3/2011 #1
Aspiring Mythmaker

Well, most places are dead this time of night, and I'm certainly not getting to sleep soon. So...

Hello.

8/3/2011 #2
P3MF Alpha 3-Richter

Hello.

It isn't good to not be able to get any sleep, have you tried anything to remedy that?

8/3/2011 #3
Aspiring Mythmaker

Thought about getting some sleep for a while. :P

Aside from that, not much I can really do until I start to tire.

8/3/2011 #4
P3MF Alpha 3-Richter

:U Ah well. The body works in odd ways.

...I was looking at your icon, and at first glance, assumed it was a butterfly, then guessed it was a strand of DNA, but it seems more like a twist of color.

8/3/2011 #5
Aspiring Mythmaker

:U Ah well. The body works in odd ways.

That it does. OH, do I know...

...I was looking at your icon, and at first glance, assumed it was a butterfly, then guessed it was a strand of DNA, but it seems more like a twist of color.

Last guess is right. Just a shot of a visualization I found stimulating~

So how do you prefer to be called?

8/3/2011 #6
P3MF Alpha 3-Richter

Depends. If you're feeling lazy, just P3. Otherwise, Richter will be fine.

Ah... How would you prefer to be called?

8/3/2011 #7
Aspiring Mythmaker

Richter it is. *nods*

Myth is fine for me.

8/3/2011 #8
P3MF Alpha 3-Richter
@Myth :/ The bad thing about staying up late means you get up later too.
8/3/2011 #9
Aspiring Mythmaker

There is that. I'm hoping the 8 o'clock alarms do the trick, and then I can make the lost sleep up tommorrow night.

8/3/2011 #10
P3MF Alpha 3-Richter

Good idea. ...Though I suppose it's only a problem if you have to work. Which most everyone has to.

:U

My icon is of an osbcure JRPG's main character. Because it's a totally original thing to do.

8/3/2011 #11
Aspiring Mythmaker

Good idea. ...Though I suppose it's only a problem if you have to work. Which most everyone has to.

Not yet, fortunately. I start in two weeks, after I get back from vacation.

My icon is of an osbcure JRPG's main character. Because it's a totally original thing to do.

I thought about doing a Sonic-themed one, but it's a bit too common in the fandom, so I figured random music-spawned colors would be unique. Not tht it hasn't caused me problems...

And which game is that, fi you don'y mind me asking?

Edit: I do believe I'm sleepy now, so I should probably take my leave. It was good talking to you~

8/3/2011 . Edited 8/3/2011 #12
P3MF Alpha 3-Richter

Sorry for the late replies. I happen to have Dial-Up, so it obviously slows down the replying process. ...Like not allowing to to use quotes. (sighs)

I thought about doing a Sonic-themed one, but it's a bit too common in the fandom, so I figured random music-spawned colors would be unique. Not tht it hasn't caused me problems...

How would a buch of colors cause problems? You're most likely right, Sonic themed icons are over-used, unless it's a lesser known character, like Vector the Croc or something.

It's the main character of a game called Persona 3, which won the award for best JRPG of 2007.

Edit: The same to you. Good resting to you, Myth.

8/3/2011 . Edited 8/3/2011 #13
holospartoi258 - Alpha 01

HOLY SHOOT MYTH HOW THE HECK DID YOU FIND THIS. O_O

8/4/2011 #14
holospartoi258 - Alpha 01

No, really, who sent you here? [I'm assuming that you WEREN'T trolling my page and decided to hunt this down...]

8/4/2011 #15
Storylover Vodhr- Dux Ducis

Hey holo. we moved on to general conversation 02. the other one is filled.

8/4/2011 #16
Aspiring Mythmaker

HOLY SHOOT MYTH HOW THE HECK DID YOU FIND THIS. O_O

Umm...hi?

How would a buch of colors cause problems? You're most likely right, Sonic themed icons are over-used, unless it's a lesser known character, like Vector the Croc or something.

Well, for one, everyone says it makes them think I'm a girl...

8/4/2011 . Edited 8/4/2011 #17
P3MF Alpha 3-Richter

@Myth Well... That'd be odd, being called a girl because of a simple icon.

I still can't believe Ful Metal Alchemist was made back in 2003, and yet, we have Brotherhood coming out now...

8/4/2011 #18
Aspiring Mythmaker

@Myth Well... That'd be odd, being called a girl because of a simple icon.

I know...

I still can't believe Ful Metal Alchemist was made back in 2003, and yet, we have Brotherhood coming out now...

True, but FMA was started, and finished, before the manga series it was based off ended its run. Brotherhood is a closer adaptation, so it necessarily had to wait until the series had finished.

Of course, I won't touch FMA because retconning really puts me off...

8/4/2011 #19
P3MF Alpha 3-Richter

@Myth Well, that's your decision. Shame, though, the anime(s) is quite good.

In my opinion, the Sonic Adventure games were my favorite in the series.

8/4/2011 . Edited 8/4/2011 #20
Aspiring Mythmaker

Well, that's your decision. Shame, though, the anime(s) is quite good.

Yeah, it's probably childish, but I just can't enjoy it like other series.

In my opnion, the Sonic Adventure games were my favorite in the series.

I agree. My only problem was that you had to play with so many different characters to finish the game, and some of them really weren't that fun...*coughBigcough*

8/4/2011 #21
P3MF Alpha 3-Richter

@Myth No one liked Big. :/

I hated his missions. As a child, I had to ask my brother to do them for me because fishing games (in sonic no less...) weren't my thing. I liked the other characters though.

Too bad if you get all the emblems in the games all you get is... In one, you can play as Metal Sonic. In two, 3-D green hill zone is unlocked.

...Playing as Metal Sonic isn't worth getting an "A" on Big missions.

8/4/2011 #22
Aspiring Mythmaker

I didn't bother with any of that. I just played the game through once to get the final ending, then started a different file so I could replay as Sonic.

In some of the new games, all you get is achievemnts. I didn't even bother with sidequests in Sonic '06. Or much of anything, for that matter...

8/4/2011 #23
P3MF Alpha 3-Richter

@Myth Neither did I. Too bad you couldn't replay scenes in 1 like you could in 2.

...Other than obscene loading times and being generally broken, how was '06?

8/4/2011 #24
Aspiring Mythmaker

Umm...the music (most of it) was good...everything else sucked...

8/4/2011 . Edited 8/4/2011 #25
P3MF Alpha 3-Richter

@Myth That's mainly what I hear too...

Sonic advance games were nice, they reminded me of the originals, but...

BTW, is Sonic 4 any good? A revamped version of the origional Sonic games sounds fun.

8/4/2011 #26
Aspiring Mythmaker

The DS and advanced ones are good. And very colorful~

I heard Sonic 4 was pretty good as well, by recent standards, but I haven't actually played. Though Generations has me a bit more excited...

8/4/2011 . Edited 8/4/2011 #27
P3MF Alpha 3-Richter

Sonic Colors is colorful. (obvious statement is obvious)

Yes, I'd love to see how that will go. Old and new Sonics... Just imagine~

8/4/2011 #28
Aspiring Mythmaker

It is an interesting idea. Particularly if they actually recreate the physics from the old Sonic games. That would be interesting, though the controls might feel odd.

8/4/2011 #29
P3MF Alpha 3-Richter

I just hope they don't screw with the camera. It's a key feature in action/adventure games. Of course, sluggish controls can give bad camera a run for it's money...

As for Sonic Unleashed, I enjoyed the graphics, disliked the werehog stages, and thought the Sonic stages were mostly nice. (cough*cough*Eggman land is platform Hell, cough*)

8/4/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Storylover Vodhr- Dux Ducis Arty Thrip - Alpha 04, Commentaholic - Alpha 02, P3MF Alpha 3-Richter, holospartoi258 - Alpha 01
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member