The Brotherhood of the Pen Headquarters
All Brotherhood members and interested writers are welcome. If you wish to join, please leave a application. If you wish to get some help for your writing, feel free ask for a member to help you in the non member chat or go to the relevant topics. Have fun!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Storylover Vodhr- Dux Ducis

Here is where non members apply to join the brotherhood.

NOTE: We will do a backgroud check, Including recent Reviews and Favorite stories before Allowing a member to join. All non Members who want to join have to sign up here, NO exceptions.

8/3/2011 . Edited 11/3/2011 #1
Netbug-Archive

*raises hand* A place on ffn that actually supports critique and improving one's writing? I'm totes interested.

8/6/2011 #2
perfect oblivion

I was invited here by a friend, and he told me this was where I had to go to sign up. Friend's penname is P3MF richter.

8/6/2011 #3

Hello oblivion.

I am Storylover Alpha 01, Known also As Dux Ducis.

Do you have any questions?

8/6/2011 #4
AlliceTheCollier

I can has join?...

8/9/2011 #5

cute. Ok then, do you have any questions?

8/9/2011 #6
AlliceTheCollier

Nope!

8/9/2011 #7

ok then. You will be assigned the rank and number of Beta 18. Welcome to the brotherhood. If you wish, you can come and meet your fellow members in the chat forum, general conversation 02.

8/9/2011 #8
Obscure Soul

I wish to join. I'm all for anything that helps me to improve my writing, because I, like most writers, am always looking for a way to (impossibly) perfect my writing.

8/11/2011 #9

Ok then. Do you have any concerns or questions?

8/11/2011 #10
Obscure Soul

Nope.

8/11/2011 #11

ok then. I will read one of your stories and put you in the data base.

If you personally know any of our members, They can simply vouch for you instead.

8/13/2011 #12
1Past and Present1

Hello one and all.

I'm very interested in your Brotherhood. I've wanted to join a capable, organised group of fellow authors for some time, a group who share the same mission as I do - to improve the world of writing - and it seems to me that you are such a group. It is a pleasure to contact you.

Right, question time. Do I qualify for membership, and if so, what would my joining entail, exactly? I have read through many of your forums but I would humbly prefer to be spoken to by one of your members, and I am a little uncertain of my worthiness.

However, I feel that I could be of good service to your cause. If you would have me, of course. And I won't take it personally if you refuse.

Good day.

-1Past and Present1-

8/27/2011 #13
Lightning Wolf-Jager

Hello.

I believe that you do qualify for membership. In the bortherhood we have four different jobs. There are the hunters, the members of the brotherhood that seek out stories, and recruit more members (I am of the few hunters here.). Then there are the Mentors, who bring up newer members of the brotherhood, and teach them our ways. They are followed by the Thetas, the Law enforcement of the brotherhood. Finally we have the critics, who read stories found by a hunter, or something they found themselves and give it a non-biased review (I am also one of these.) When you join the brotherhood, you will choose one or more of these roles, and you will be trained to do the jobs.

While I am a hunter, and qualified to recruit you, I shall leave it to one of the Alphas.

8/27/2011 #14
1Past and Present1

Thank you, Dragongod. :)

I will be around if you need the extra set of hands. I'm able and willing to help.

8/27/2011 #15

Ok then. Do you wish to join the brotherhood?

8/27/2011 #16
1Past and Present1

Yes, I do.

And I believe I've met you before. :)

8/27/2011 #17

I believe so too. Well, I have no quarrels with you joining. So, seeing as you have 20+ stories, all great quality, I think you will be a great addition.

8/27/2011 #18
1Past and Present1

Thank you very, very much. I am thrilled to be a part of the Brotherhood. It is an honour.

I was told to choose a job upon my joining. I'm very interested in being a Mentor. I feel it is my greatest strength, but if you would place me elsewhere, I am happy to oblige.

8/27/2011 #19

of course. Ok then, let me file out the paperwork.

8/27/2011 #20

Ok then, you are now beta 20 in the brotherhood of the pen. any other questions?

8/27/2011 #21
1Past and Present1

Thank you.

Would it be all right for me to introduce myself to the others?

8/27/2011 #22

Of course. =)

8/27/2011 #23
1Past and Present1

Once again, thank you for allowing me to join you.

8/27/2011 #24
Compass Indigo

I walk the way that some men sleep, eyes closed, not looking

Whispering words I like to think maybe others can hear

Sometimes others say, "How do you do?" and I merely stare

Mud instead of orbs. I would answer, but I realize that

I don't know how I do what it is I do. Perhaps I'm simply

an Am?

I was whisked away to this secret place by the word of a stone, a hard volcanic glass monolith that met me well and granted me will. Past and Present is my timeline on a map to this 'X' marks the spot, and I hope you don't fault a crystalline glass of water for bringing a bubble along for the ride...

But on, down the road we go! I give my friends-to-be a glomp and a smile, and I prefer to wish that the world is beautiful, and that all dragonflies are iridescent like the jewels that lurk in our hearts. Me' thinks that everyone has the ability to wish upon a star for a friend, and that all we need to do after is give someone a hug. Call me an idealist, and you'd be barking up the wrong tree with the right name. I speak English (barely), but am mostly fluent in poem-speech, nonsense, gibberish, hogwash, codswallop, and gobbledygook. I'm a north-end magnet that's attracted to likes, and I try to be proud of rainbows. Even so, if you don't like a circle-arrow mirror-seeker like me, I'll just smile, give you a hug, and stick my tongue out at you.

As for the way I wander in this vast blue-light ocean, I dive for Pokemon and many other seashells. The prettier and shinier and more magical it is, the better chance one has of catching me in the rapture-trap of the deep. I give advice to young fishermen when I can, when they ask, but I usually stay silent when there are sharks and krakens prowling. I'm a creative prism-maker at heart and soul, but my keys and letters move like snails over glass after rain has fallen and shriveled them away. I used to cry for the salted snails and drowned earthworms, for even they can smile...

But I digress like one without a memory, and shall return to where I feel home lies. Creativity is my calling, with secondary voices asking me to advise and serve, protect and serve. I'm a dragon that way, wise and whimsical and critically eyed like a black sheep.

Pleasure to meet everyone, and I hope I may be allowed to go for a stroll along your little slice of seabed, glomping as I go. Who knows? Maybe I'll make someone smile?

I hope for more than someone, since some many is always better for smiling.

Erroneous, you say? Yes.

But.

Understandable nonetheless.

8/29/2011 . Edited 8/29/2011 #25

I hear you, but do I?

For each man hears differently, sees differently, and cares differently.

Some may pretend to hear, but don't. Some Can hear, but won't. And some, the few that truly grasp the meaning, Understand. What it is they understand?

Well, if you are not one of those that do, then it is impossible.

Impossible to what?

Impossible to truly hear, to truly see, and to truly live.

What does it take to understand?

The ability to change, to listen, to love, to care.

And if you can do these, You can do anything, go anywhere, and live through life with a true smile upon your face, one that many fake.

Welcome.

8/29/2011 #26
Compass Indigo

You hear, see, touch, taste, smell me, and I feel a curve in the road up ahead. May I?

Living starts when one appreciates the fires that burn in every cell, the heat of the stars and the throbbing pain of a scraped arm. Born, cry, frown, understand, and smile like a waxing crescent, the world with do you good.

I don't exist until you know what a spiral truly is, and I think a nautilus like me understands perfectly well how to live in a hurricane. You exist to me.

A bough down low as coated with icy wealth and a Chesire's greetings, do you see me now? And may I drift in to say farewell and hello? A wishing cricket is here, and hopes you ask not for rain, but for the sunlight that forms the prismatic arc.

8/29/2011 . Edited 8/29/2011 #27

You may.

And I see.

It is pleasurable to meet true thinker,

One who exists to give others true thought,

other then thinking of tomorrow,

Or yesterday.

For looking to yesterday is frivolous,

And hoping for tomorrow is the same.

And it is a pleasure to greet another,

That sees,

That feels,

That thinks,

That is one of the few,

that truly live.

So I greet you,

and also say goodbye.

for you never know when ones last moments,

will finish in the blink of a eye.

8/29/2011 #28
Compass Indigo

A blinking eye is a fractional second, a literally split instant in the timestream. Is not everything divisible by two? Divide and divide and you reach eternity in an instant. One full circle is half of infinity, and figure eights are the fancy way of saying, "Entropy will not be our end."

Yesterday is a far away land of regrets, and those that travel and dwell upon it only starve as they reach for the disappeared fruits of the past. The swastika meant peace and joy, once, long long ago, before the world was split. But no one says that anymore... Crickets have a thing for laughing at us in the background.

I greet you and seas raise you by five marks, nodding a buoy in respect and letting loose the blast of a fog horn for the world to know you're coming around the bend. Pleasure to meet you, Liner~

Last moments are only definite when you hold your own life in steel. Don't walk down the road to the left, and take the blue pill. I will follow.

Just as fire can change the Roman forum for the better, so too can a poem-speaker influence a writer. What do you say?

8/29/2011 . Edited 8/29/2011 #29

I shall.

for the path less traveled is always surprising, there is much less to expect,

You, my friend, have already earned my respect.

You point out the things many overlook, and many pass on by,

you my friend,

Have helped me,

in many ways considerable.

It is a parlor's trick to write in poetry,

but difficult to give it a meaning,

a life,

a soul.

But you my friend,

have done this,

easily,

quickly,

an more.

Life is but a glancing blow,

on the true path we lead,

For when we meet the end of ours,

then,

we truly mean.

Mean what?

I truly do not know.

But once we get to the end of ours,

our knowledge shall easily grow.

But until then,

we live,

we grow,

we learn new things,

we meet others, whether they give us blank stares,

or nods of understanding.

But until the time we meet our end,

it is always great to have a friend.

8/29/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Storylover Vodhr- Dux Ducis Arty Thrip - Alpha 04, Commentaholic - Alpha 02, P3MF Alpha 3-Richter, holospartoi258 - Alpha 01
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member