The Brotherhood of the Pen Headquarters
All Brotherhood members and interested writers are welcome. If you wish to join, please leave a application. If you wish to get some help for your writing, feel free ask for a member to help you in the non member chat or go to the relevant topics. Have fun!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »
Compass Indigo

Robert Frost is a man, and the less-traveled path is often more dangerous than the infinite-blink eyes can see. Illusion is a word that casts doubt and nets to snare you for the trident's teeth. The road on the left might be missing a sign that says, "Seek peace." For isn't there some peace in silence? Silence is absence of all motion.... Adventure awaits! Forward the left!

Assisting rising, risen authors is what makes me grin dragon scales. Don't forget a world you make; they live on if you don't. Isn't seeing the unseen merely taking the blue pill and the left? No worries, I'll hold your whispers tight.

Parlor tricks are magic, the pulling of a rabbit from a hat magic when you watch with child-like eyes; even years later, when you're the magician with the ribbon up your sleeve and a rabbit in your hat, when you know how it's done, it doesn't take away the magic of that magician so many years past. The magic of the moment stays, even if you know how it's done.

Meaning is clear water, pure dihydrogen monoxide. Touching it taints it, drinking it takes it away. Hold on, and let your fingers soak it all up. What's wrong with raisins if they know how the world works, and can reflect it back with a word?

Friendship is a beautiful word, and an offer like that means the world where I live and die and am reborn. Yet here I am, creating a spacial rift in your applications. My apologies, bells tolling for the sorrow and regret. What should a Chesire do?

8/29/2011 . Edited 8/29/2011 #31
Storylover Vodhr- Dux Ducis

You speak words of truth,

you seem to know a lot.

So I am sorry for the lack of knowledge on my part,

I am not one of poetry.

But I try.

I shall try anything,

be it free verse,

traditional,

even Hiaku,

To be honest,

this is my first time.

As much as I wish for skill,

It never comes.

At least without hard work,

sweat,

and diligence.

So I thank you, for helping me learn.

So I must ask you one thing,

what can I do in return?

8/29/2011 #32
Compass Indigo

Seeming and being are two distant words, and I wish I was an owl that way, to hold wisdom in my beak. A man cannot fly when his wings are clipped, and Great Horned Owls just look silly without their feather-tufted horns. Smiles and clear skies abound, and I think we could both use a flying lesson, swimming lesson. Birds can fly, why not fish?

An endeavored work holds just as strong as a fortress wall. Seek the right words, and they'll flow for you. If you're a beginner, a sweater, a worker, then I think we both need to do more than fly and swim.

As for desires... I'm a stump.

I wish upon the first star to join, but am not sure if my normally blunted sabre blades that pass muster only for cutting wood are satisfactory, and won't belch smoke when you glance at them. May I enter?

8/29/2011 #33

Of course my friend,

It is decided.

If you wish to join,

I shall not stop you.

The only thing one needs,

is the wish to truly help.

if you mean well,

then the doors of the brotherhood are opened to you,

if you wish to enter.

8/29/2011 #34
1Past and Present1

Indi! XD

Sorry. He's a good friend of mine. I just got so excited to see him.

Welcome to the Brotherhood!

8/30/2011 #35
Compass Indigo

Desire and restraint, bombastic, enthusiastic, and random pandemonium. I'm one of these and none of these, all ringing true in the ears of others and rippling through my glass of water. I am here to enter a world I can already see, and converse with the mountains within. Time is no longer an obstacle. May I join, gatekeepers?

Emily Dickinson drained the life of others with her deep, reclusive eyes. Maybe I'm a vampire too, but if I sparkle you may strike me down. Vampixie =/= Me. Further, I speak riddles and poetry because what else is one to do with lifeblood? I have the capacity to talk in blunted words, but my muse is more amused by this. My apologies if it irritates you, respected Vermund.

Obsidian! Greetings and hugs, and fireworks all around. I heard your call, traveled, and see you now! Welcome to the Brotherhood is early now, as I am but an applicant with a hope for the moment. *smiles* Perhaps a Beta I shall be, or Gamma-Delta-Sigma-Epsilon-Theta-Omega-Alpha? Foxtrot is always enjoyable as well.

My apologies for the late words; I had 'fghjkl' imprinted in my cheek when I returned to the waking world.

8/30/2011 . Edited 8/30/2011 #36

Beta you shall be.

Welcome my friend,

your presence refreshing.

I shall add you,

one of many,

but also one of few.

8/30/2011 #37
Compass Indigo

I thank you, and am glad to be indoors. Should I move to the chat thread of comraderie? Or await the filling of forms and shuffle of paper here?

We shall be n, where n is any number we wish ourselves to be.

8/30/2011 #38

You may speak freely,

for you are one of us.

but I give you a warning,

one that needs heeding.

ROxas hates rhyming.

8/30/2011 #39
Compass Indigo

I'll tone down my wild-sided die, and go for a full circle instead of a figure eight. I think we'll be alright. Shattered and shattered can mix.

Glad to be here, and shifting to the chatty thread~

Thank you. :)

8/30/2011 #40

It is of no problem. =)

8/30/2011 #41
olihmajor

Hey! I'd really like to join this. It's good to see that there are people out there who want to/are willing to improve stories. This was recommended by PMF Alfa 4-Richter.

9/1/2011 #42
Compass Indigo

Hello and smiles to you, Olly. I'm pleased to meet another Pokemon weaver, and maybe you'll join me in Non-member chat? I'd add you if it was in my authority, but I'm not yet Richter's registered Zephyr-breezing-spirit, and even then I'm not truly allowed. Still, a pleasant sight to see. You.

The day is changing though, and perhaps we'll have some edits made soon.

9/1/2011 #43
P3MF Alpha 3-Richter

@Olihmajor Annnnd there. =D You're a member~

9/1/2011 #44
olihmajor

Thanks!

And, Indigo, I'm glad to see a Pokemon fan too. Though I'm a member now :)

9/2/2011 #45
P3MF Alpha 3-Richter

@Olih Hooray~! Drop by in the General conversation anytime!

9/2/2011 #46
Heir-to-the-throne

Well, I looked around and well...I'd like to apply, if no one has a problem with that.

9/4/2011 #47

I have no problems with it. Richter, you have any?

9/4/2011 #48
P3MF Alpha 3-Richter

I have none.

9/4/2011 #49
1Past and Present1

Well, if my opinon matters, I think Heir would make a fantastic addition...

9/4/2011 #50
Heir-to-the-throne

Well, that's fantastic. Anything else that needs to be done, or do I just introduce myself to the rest of the forum?

Well, if my opinon matters, I think Heir would make a fantastic addition...

Well, it's good to know my friends vouch for me.

9/4/2011 . Edited 9/4/2011 #51
Commentaholic - Alpha 02

I have no problems, either. Then again, I haven't checked his stories.

9/4/2011 #52
1Past and Present1

You're in? Great! A high level member will assign you with your rank and number. When that happens, you'll be free to hop over to General Conversation 02 and there you can introduce your wonderful self to the others.

9/4/2011 #53
Heir-to-the-throne

Got it. And I'm not that wonderful. Just thought I'd point that out.

9/4/2011 #54
holospartoi258 - Alpha 01

Hi heir. I myself have no qualms with you joining... but I'm afraid only comment can sign you up officially [since he's the only Alpha online right now...] :S

9/4/2011 #55
Commentaholic - Alpha 02

Erm... I fell asleep... Apologies. I'll put you in now.

9/4/2011 #56
Heir-to-the-throne

Thankees. And it's no problem. As far as I know, you're only human. I'll just go introduce myself.

9/4/2011 #57
Hourig

Hello. I am very bad at making any sort of introductions so I am just simply going to say what I intend to do here.

First of all I intend to watch, mostly, everything people post to further improve my own skills. I will most likely not be posting anything on this site since... well... what I write isn't exactly fan fiction and doesn't really go on this site very well. And I also see this as a place to further improve my English.

Since I'm very bad at introductions just mention If I missed anything important. And another detail. I live in Eastern Europe (Bulgaria) so I will most likely not be online when any of you are.

9/4/2011 #58

And hello. I am at odds, seeing as you do not write.

9/4/2011 #59
Hourig

Then I am going to wait for the other mods to say what they have to say.

And also would it be a problem if I did some of your challenges even If I don't join?

9/4/2011 . Edited 9/4/2011 #60
« Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: Storylover Vodhr- Dux Ducis Arty Thrip - Alpha 04, Commentaholic - Alpha 02, P3MF Alpha 3-Richter, holospartoi258 - Alpha 01
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member