Live it up: Percy Jackson
Ever wondered what it would be like to be a Half Blood? To live in the world of Percy Jackson? To not only role play and chat, but showcase your adventures to the world? To live like a real demigod/monster in a real world? You've come to the right place.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 .. Last Next »
I.Tripped.Over.Reality

Hi everyone.

Would you like to be a moderator for this forum? Being a moderator gives you a lot more power but a lot more work as well. Especially when you need to maintain being the #1 forum. It sounds like fun, and it is fun, but it isn't all play and no work.

We currently have -

Admin: I.Tripped.Over.Reality - GMT 5:30

Mods:

I Want A Family With Priest

Sequestered Heart

Hellfire Studios

Saeralis

Luna Ray

If you want to be a moderator, do you think you can fulfill the given requirements?

1) Can you come online often? (Everyday for at least some time, some exceptions are okay of course).

2) Are you good at managing things?

3) Can you get along well with the admin and other moderators?

4) Are you willing to make sacrifices for the non-admin/moderators of this forum?

5) What's your GMT time?

If you want to be a moderator, you can message me or reply to this post. Be warned that it isn't easy. Here's some advice -

What's going to get you to the top is innovation, creativity, dedication and organization and loads and loads and loads and loads and loads and loads and loads of sacrifice and hardwork. When you get there (as we have), what's going to keep you there is all of that and loads more hardwork and the ability to keep on your toes and continuously be better than everyone else.

Being a moderator isn't cakewalk. It gives you a lot of power but a lot of responsibility too. You need to think fast, be really creative, be innovative, be patient, be able to handle conflicting situations; you need to build a support system for your admin so that they don't break down with the pressure because being an admin is even harder than modding.

As an admin, there are going to be many moments when you feel disheartened and want to quit. Sometimes you'll feel so frustrated that you could throttle some people. You'd want to bang your head against the wall because you've got SO much to do because juggling writing, school life (especially 9th grade and above; you step into high school and KABOOM! The workload becomes crazy and slowly the pressure does too), social life and managing the forum WHILE having naggy parents that want your ** off the computer is really hard. You're going to get annoyed at a lot of things but you can't show it. You're going to get exhausted but still have to force yourself to work. You're going to have to sacrifice your time and not do a lot of things you want to do. You're going to have to push yourself. The forum will stress you. When you get into a slow spot, a lot of people are going to dishearten you and talk negatively and you're often going to feel like hardly anyone is with you but you need to believe and you need to pull through (this is one place where the support system from mods really helps and the forum family is an added bonus).

This means that as a moderator, it's your job to help the admin through all of that. It's going to be similar for you.

But if you stay on top, you can't quit. You need rock hard determination, strong willpower, a lot of patience. You need tact and you need creativity. You need a strong heart and mind. You need to be fair and non judgmental. You need to be open. You need to make people feel comfortable. You need to make a decision and stick to it. You have to be positive. You need to be able to dream and believe that the dream will come true.

It isn't easy, obviously. But it gives so much joy too. Like, getting on top gives such a huge sense of achievement. Having a family so close pulls you through a lot of tough times. People that believe in you pull you through the tough spots. And obviously, it's tons of fun. But isn't all play and no work either.

So, this is my advice. Hope it helps.

7/16/2011 . Edited by daeadalus, 4/3/2014 #1
Ayaashi

I think I could, cause I spend as much time as possible on here... my GMT time is - GMT + 12

7/17/2011 #2
I.Tripped.Over.Reality

GMT +12, okay! You may have to give up Nico later if someone really wants to have him... sacrifices like that are vital, you know. But if you're okay with all that, I'll go ahead and add you!

7/17/2011 . Edited 7/17/2011 #3
I.Tripped.Over.Reality

You live in Fiji?

7/17/2011 #4
Ayaashi

Close. I live in New Zealand. I'll tell you if I change countries cause in my life I've already lived in 4 countries...

7/17/2011 #5
I.Tripped.Over.Reality

So cool!

7/17/2011 #6
Ayaashi

Not really...

7/17/2011 #7
Death by Lightbulb

i think i could be one. my gmt is GMT -5:00

7/17/2011 #8
I.Tripped.Over.Reality

Okay! For anyone who wants to be a mod -

We need a clear understanding of the rules, and they should be followed

The moderator should be able to come online and stay online often

Mod should be okay with making sacrifices

A moderator should have great organization and management skills to manage all the events we have

A moderator should make sure no one feels left out

Basically, a moderator should make sure everyone has a great time - and have a great time him/herself!

7/18/2011 #9
L. Poxleitner

can i be one? im not on when everyone else is on cause of my GMT time (GMT -4) but im usually on for at least 12 hours straight. (thats right, i dont have a life!) so, yeah.

7/19/2011 #10
I.Tripped.Over.Reality

Whoa... that's great. If you're okay with all that (stuff needed to be a mod) then PM me!

7/20/2011 #11
L. Poxleitner

I have a shield...

7/27/2011 #12
Hurricane Luna

If you ever need another moderator, I'm here. I dont have a life either XD

7/27/2011 #13
L. Poxleitner

lolz

7/27/2011 #14
I.Tripped.Over.Reality

Haha, okay! I'm adding you!

7/28/2011 #15
Ayaashi

There are going to be a LOT of moderators...

7/28/2011 #16
I.Tripped.Over.Reality

Not really. Most of us don't come on at the same time. Like, Clyde and I have school... T-Cain comes on whenever possible, HermesPotter's gone somewhere, I added you but you didn't accept? Same with Carson... so in effect, SimpleHedley and I are pretty much the only moderators coming on frequently

7/28/2011 #17
Ayaashi

You did?

7/28/2011 #18
I.Tripped.Over.Reality

Yep

7/28/2011 #19
Ayaashi

How do you find out? I never got a message...

7/28/2011 #20
I.Tripped.Over.Reality

Go to forums, forum participation and copy paste this code - f8d3b

7/28/2011 #21
Ayaashi

Thanks! :D

7/28/2011 #22
I.Tripped.Over.Reality

Anytime :]

7/28/2011 #23
I.Tripped.Over.Reality

We have enough moderators for now.

Thank you so much everyone! This thread will be locked for now. Once we need more moderators, I'll open it again.

~I.Tripped.Over.Reality

7/29/2011 #24
I.Tripped.Over.Reality

This thread is open because moderators are required.

4/28/2012 #25
Mac3.0
I'd be willing to be a mod. My GMT is +8. I'm here mostly everday from after school to when I pass out. I'm not sure if I've been here long enough though.
4/28/2012 . Edited 4/28/2012 #26
I.Tripped.Over.Reality

Right; I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for volunteering ^^

4/28/2012 #27
Mac3.0
Your welcome. :) P.S. I made a mistake. My GMT is actually -5
4/28/2012 #28
Saeraleis

I'm on a lot too. I'm the same GMT as Mac. I'm willing to be a mod if I'm not DA (which I probably won't be)

4/28/2012 #29
I.Tripped.Over.Reality

Okay, guys!

We need a clear understanding of the rules, and they should be followed

The moderator should be able to come online and stay online often

Mod should be okay with making sacrifices

A moderator should have great organization and management skills to manage all the events we have

A moderator should make sure no one feels left out

Basically, a moderator should make sure everyone has a great time - and have a great time him/herself!

Oh and, don't feel bad if I remove you as a mod at any point of time. I'm sorry about that!

4/28/2012 #30
Page 1 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: I.Tripped.Over.Reality Hurricane Luna, SeeSkiesOf2955C, Ms. Romance, Tono Shoto, Squirrelgirl19119, Katoptris Girl On Fire, An RC in the shadows, I'm Flying Like An Owl
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member