Welcome to my chat forum, a place intended to be a fun, and relatively mellow place. Although I do my best to maintain a fair experience, there are rules that must be followed. (Updated as of 5/4/14)
1. Show respect and treat people here with kindness. Name-calling, insults, arguing, and flaming is NOT allowed for any reason.
- You're free to express how you feel about things, however, when it comes to things like other people's stories (specifically the other members on this forum), try to go easy on them. Not everyone is capable of handling criticism unless you tell them how to fix it and support them in their writing career. If it's as bad as My Inner Life, say what you feel to the fullest extent (if you have proof it's that bad, that is).
- You're also free to express how you feel about other users. But when it comes to the users on this forum, try to be respectful. The reason behind this is due to the possibility that it will ignite a flame war, and discourage people from participating in this forum. Needless to say, it will most likely hurt their feelings.
- Anyone who posts racist, sexist, or homophobic slurs will be banned, the duration will be decided upon the intensity of the insult and the damage it does to the user that its aimed at. I won't hesitate to punish anyone who violates this at all, and it really annoys me to begin with.
2. Debating politics, religion, or anything that can provoke flame wars and hatred towards other members is not allowed. If a post contains anything of the sort, it will be removed the minute I see it. You will given a fair warning not to do it again, but if you post something like that twice, you will be banned.
In discussions that are serious, but can't be considered debates, accept and tolerate others' views, opinions, ideas, and ways of thinking. You will not insult anyone for their different ideology for any reason whatsoever. Violate this rule and you'll get bashed by the ban hammer. The length of the ban will be indefinite.
- You can have your own opinions, and disagree with others views. But you're NOT allowed to insult them, argue with them, or criticize them for they believe in. If you display that behavior, you will be banned from this forum forever, like I just said above.
3. Make your posts at least two words as an act of courtesy to those who subscribe. People tend to get lots of email regularly.
4. Keep the posts within a PG-13 limit. I don't want the forum to get shut down due to excess profanity.
- Though I don't think it's polite to use cuss words, you can do that, but don't use the f-word, or the other phrases that get censored on TV. I would also prefer if you keep from using racist, homophobic, or bigoted profanities.
5. NO DISCUSSIONS ABOUT ANYTHING RELATED TO POLITICS.
- The reason behind this is because politics and forums are a bad combination. We don't need to create hatred between each other.
- If you want to discuss politics with somebody here, you can go ahead and talk to the member via PM, or on another forum that allows it.
- Should you keep making posts or threads about politics, you will be given a warning and then banned if you continue. It's seriously not necessary.
6. Try to avoid double posting. Again, that adds unnecessary email and will make it harder to find important messages to those who subscribe here.
7. Don't post unreadable messages. As with rules three and six, that puts unnecessary pressure on people who use their email accounts frequently. To put it simply, don't go around spamming.
8. Avoid posting links to adulterated images/videos and porn. That could bring negative attention to this forum and result in getting closed/shutdown if that occurs.
9. If you catch anyone misbehaving, contact me first chance you get.
10. Threatening other users is obviously not allowed. You're going to get banned right off the bat if I catch this.
11. No posting multiple topics of the same subject, or duplicate posts, please. That will drive me nuts.
The rules will be updated in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Update: For reasons concerning the well-being of the members, I have chosen to be the only staff member of this forum. PM me if you want to know more about why this is.7/7/2011 . Edited 6/30/2014 #1
|Forum Moderators: Emperor Serperior|
|Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member|