Hogwarts Online II
Welcome to Hogwarts online, an online forum much like the real Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. A home for those of us who live and breathe the World of Magic. At our core we are a home for those looking to unite under the Magical World of Har
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 Next »
Hogwarts Online II

Have a great idea for the forum? Well kiddos post them here, the mods will take a look and see what we like, and then you never know. Your topic maybe the next best thing at Hogwarts Online!

7/28/2011 #1
Luck O' The Irish Seamione

homework assignments where we have to write short essay like things about well known things that they would learn at hogwarts

or maybe for classes and such you guys could teach stuff like ow to write certian forms of fanfiction or writing tips and stuff like that

8/2/2011 #2
Narcissa-Weasly

I got an idea I once saw at a HG forum. The point is to write a story, but every person can just write around 100 words each, and then there must be someone else that write a part of the story between. It's really fun. :)

8/6/2011 #3
Lady President Romana

A thread where each person writes a sentence, and then someone else replies with another sentence, and before we know it, it's a story.

8/7/2011 #4
Fantasy Ella

Okay, I don't know where this idea came from originally, but I stole it from an RPG I'm on, because I think it's really cute ^^

It's some kind of 'game'...

We all love to be complimented, to compliment people, and even though you love all the people on here to bits, you can never tell them enough. People mostly don't tell other people why they like them, or how much they depend on them, until it's too late; when a person tells us they're leaving, everything comes up... but wouldn't it be better to just tell them now? This is a happy-game, you make happy, you are happy...

Okay, so this is how it works: Someone has to start a thread about it, and after that, the one that replies says in his/hers reply what she/he likes about the person above them... and so it goes on... :)

Don't know if anyone knows this, or likes the idea... just thought I'd throw it out on here, because I already know thousands of lovely things for each and everyone of you...

8/9/2011 #5
Written Sparks

What about a birthday presents list? Everyone says when their birthday is and what their favorite ships/characters are. Then we can write fics as presents for each other.

8/23/2011 #6
Slytherin Head

Nova, if you go to the main forum profile, there's a poll where you can vote to have the birthday thread back. Like the one we used to have in the first HO.

8/23/2011 #7
Written Sparks

Thanks! I voted. (Mine is day after tomorrow so I doubt it will affect me this year, but I usually get really inspired by the OTPs and favorites of other forum members.)

8/23/2011 #8
ChatterChick

I think you should bring back Hermione Granger's bookbag. I think that's what it was called - where we posted problems we were having with writing or asked for help? :)

8/23/2011 #9
Slytherin Head

All your suggestions will be looked at by the MOD's sorry for the long wait, but we've all been busy.

8/23/2011 #10
oh nargles

I LOVE THAT GAME! =] You didn't steal it Ella it's a wonderful game, I'm just saying that I support this idea wholly!

8/24/2011 #11
SapphireMoon10

I agree with Ceecee about the Bookbag thread.

Just quick idea that came to me, what about a Pottermore thread? Everyone who has joined could post their user names so we could all add each other?

8/29/2011 #12
Inkfire

I think that's a great idea, Saph =)

8/29/2011 #13
Toffrox33

I think a Pottermore thread would be a great idea!! :) I don't know many people in RL who have Pottermore but heaps of people on this forum do, it'd be great to get some friends I'm familiar with on there :D

8/29/2011 #14
Fantasy Ella

Do we actually still have an 'Advertisement' -like thread? I always loved to scout around there to see what other forums and fandoms all people on here were in :P

9/14/2011 #15
Ami L. Mendal

Is there a place where I can request someone write a fic/drabble/whatever for me? For example...

I want: A poem Length: About 200 words For the pairing: Draco/Ginny Include the word/phrase: "Weasel chit"

And anyone who wants to do it, will "claim" it and someone else can post another idea.

This is also a great way to get rid of plot bunnies. I have had an idea for a story for years now, but could never get it out right. Once I told my friend about the idea, she wanted to give it a go, so I "gave her permission" to write it. It turned out better than I imagined! Just an idea.......... and I know there's Prompts of the Day, but us "regular people" (non-mod folk) can't really request any.

Anywho, maybe there's already a place like this and I don't see it. Maybe you tried it in HO1 and it failed. I don't really know anything! (Hence why I'm not in Ravenclaw :) LMAO)

9/21/2011 #16
Love From A Muggle

Amy, we just made the Gringotts thread, it's where you can do all of that stuff.

9/21/2011 #17
Ami L. Mendal

Maybe there can be a thread about fan art? I know I love seeing HP fanart, but never know what good places to look at. It can be of other people's or anyone who draws it in the forum..?

10/11/2011 #18
Love From A Muggle

Ami, we had that idea on the old forum, but it didn't turn out well.

However, we could do a poll if people want us to bring that up.

10/13/2011 #19
Madam'zelleGiry

Perhaps a thread with a game of review tag? Everyone loves reviews.

12/28/2011 #20
SapphireMoon10

Yeah review tag is a great idea! Another forum I'm on has a review tag thread, but it is multi-fandom so it doesn't work that well.

12/28/2011 #21
Madam'zelleGiry

But one thing that's awesome about review tag is that it can expose you to fandoms that you wouldn't normally read.

12/29/2011 #22
Love From A Muggle

Well,

We've actually talked about that back when Katy was a mod, and after she left. We just don't think we need a review tag. Some of the mods feel it would get out of hand if we had one.

12/29/2011 #23
Love From A Muggle
I have a suggestion. In the drabble game, when the person who writes a prompt and paring for another person, let's say Monse writes my paring/prompt suggestion. How do I know Monse read my drabble? There should be a rule where you edit the current post that you last wrote and say something like "it was a great drabble Monse! I liked the prompt/paring" or something like that. In the old Hogwarts Online we did that.
9/7/2012 #24
Slytherin Head

Just so I'm clear on this because you did seem to skip around a bit, what you're asking is for us to create a rule where people have to edit the post where they posted their prompt and character/pairing so that the person who wrote said paring knows that their story has indeed been read? With the end result looking like this:

Love From A Muggle:

story

------------

Prompt: Chicken Pox Characters: Molly and Fred Edit: "it was a great drabble Monse! "

If that is what you're asking us to do, then you and everyone else is more than welcome to do so, but we will not force people to do it if they do not want to. We did not make it a rule in the old forum and therefore, we shouldn't do the same here. But like I said, if you wish to do so, then you're more then welcome to do it. I'm sure once people see someone doing it, they will follow suit.

9/12/2012 #25
Love From A Muggle

Yes, that's what I was thinking of, but instead of it being right near the prompt/character, it'd be right after the drabble.

It's just an idea, but it would be neat to see what the person thought about what we wrote.

9/13/2012 #26
Love From A Muggle

It's time to start thinking about Nano again, is there going to be a thread for it this year?

I was thinking, we could start early and have a nano thread.

This year I should have more time to write for it.

9/26/2012 #27
Madam'zelleGiry

I second the NaNo thread! *bounces up and down in anticipation of November*

9/26/2012 #28
nessieblackfan

Can I third the nano thread?

9/26/2012 #29
Hogwarts Online II

Just like last year, we'll re-open the NaNoWri thread at the beginning of October. :)

9/29/2012 #30
Page 1 2 Next »
Forum Moderators: Hogwarts Online II Thanatos Angelos Girl, Phoenixica24, Slytherin Head, Madam'zelleGiry, Caveat Lector 52, Principi Phantasia, Inkfire, WelcomeToLolaLand
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member