FAQ
Got a question and don't know who to ask? Come on in, and ask away!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
PoufyJalapeno

the title is quite self explanatory. I have searched up several ways of doing it but the way people list it is so confusing and i just don't get it. lol.. how in the world do i upload a new chapter to my story?

1/24/2011 #1
DreamReap

Hello.

Sign in, do you see the screen with all the taps on the side saying: Account, Publish, Private messaging and so on?

Click 'Publish' tab. Click 'Document Manager (Upload)'. Upload new document. Label it, browse, leave format as story (I don't know what DocX is sorry), submit document. Back under the publishing tab click 'Manage Story'. Choose the story you wanted to add a chapter to. (Click the title or edit) The first blue bar says 'Editing Story:___' Click 'Content/chapters' Scroll down to the blue bar saying 'Add new chapter (__) to end of story' Name it and select the document you just uploaded. Click add chapter and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps (^^)

9/29/2011 #2
Sebastian The Great and fluffy
My bar does not show that and can you please tell me why my fan fiction does not show up on the search and how come it has no category
10/16/2012 #3
Haji513

i cannot find it either i also made this acocount in october. has it changed?

10/31/2012 #4
xXTemperedSteelXx

I can help anyone

11/3/2012 #5
Haji513

thank you:) i wud really appreciate the help :)

11/7/2012 #6
blackheartfromwithin

Omg, thanks much. been looking for an answer forever. i iz eternally grateful :3, Peace out. xx

BLACKHEARTFROMWITHIN

11/25/2012 #7
Penguin Worshiper

thanx helps me alot!!! - im new here c:

12/7/2012 #8
amamurray1

thank you so much, this is really helpful, merry chrismas! xx

12/22/2012 #9
supersaiyanzx

Thank u sooo much!

1/19/2013 #10
dreamandimagine

This was sooo helpful, you are amazing *bug hug*

1/29/2013 #11
number1jellyfan

thank you i was looking for it for ages and done it now :D xx

3/8/2013 #12
CrookedCrow

OMG thanks. I was like "I CAN'T PUBLISH OMG NOOOOO!!!" But then you helped so yessss!!! ヾ(@ー@)ノ

*Hugs you*

3/24/2013 #13
techie20

thanks. this was extremely helpful.

4/1/2013 #14
Four's Booty Call

I am soooooooooooo confused please can you explain it simpler?

4/4/2013 #15
hinatasgirlfriend

you are a life saver 3

4/20/2013 #16
Marshalleetime

Hey what if your story is registered in a story format but shows up as a document. How do you add chapters and how do you put it in story section? I dont understand why but I can only find my stories in my document section. What did I do wrong?

5/2/2013 #17
Booklover D

It did not help me. It just did my first chapter twice. =/

5/7/2013 #18
TobyTyTy101

If you are using a mobile device to do this, it won't work. You have to use computer.

TobyTyTy

5/24/2013 #19
Damon X Misaki

Thank you soooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!

it's been a great help, i thought i was lost (_)

Gamsamhida 3

5/25/2013 #20
abbydragon

Thank you! Being a newbie is tough AP

6/4/2013 #21
Cynthia Snowflake Bookworm

um, thx. my computer was different, so I had to do it another way, but that helped

6/13/2013 #22
cassiophea12

WAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh Thanks DreamReap This is the best ever simple way I found and help me!!! Thansk again!!!

6/18/2013 #23
ermergerdJeffersen98

What I did was I made the document then I went into manage stories clicked on the story that I wanted to add the chapter to. Then at the top of the page there should be 5 boxes click on content/chapters, and then under that there will be 2 more boxes click on the first one which should be POST NEW CHAPTER.

I hope I helped

6/29/2013 #24
JayPolar

Do I have to those steps for every single chapter that I want to upload? Or is there another way to do it?

7/2/2013 #25
ermergerdJeffersen98

Yeah, this is the easiest way to upload a new chapter.

7/3/2013 #26
FanWriter Harrison

I did this, followed everything the same way and it says that the chapter has uploaded, in manage stories, under the story itself it says three chapters yet when I find it and read it only two show up? can you help? thanks, really appreciated. :)

7/9/2013 #27
FanWriter Harrison

Doesn't matter, figured it out. Haha, thanks anyway.

7/9/2013 #28
F.S.Shooter

Here is the process. You do what the person said until the manage stories part. I will guide you from there.

1) Click on Manage Stories

2) Click on the story you want to add a chapter to

3) Find the Content/Chapters button. It's like on the top left just a little further down.

4) Under the bar of the Properties, Content/Chapter, Preview, Download, and Delete Story. You will see a bar that says 'Post new chapter , Replace/update chapter.' Click on the post new chapter button.

5) Select the document that you posted up as the next chapter to your fanfiction

6) Click post new chapter.

7) Then the second chapter should appear on the bar below the post new chapter button.

I hope this helps. _

7/11/2013 #29
CrookedCrow

OMG i found a way to publish on your mobile device!

Ya know when you read fics on your device its different from when you read on the computer?

If you gou on your computer, at the top, you see FanFiction.Net (line) unleash your imagination and then there's this picture with Mobile next to it?

You see it?

If you go on your device and access a fic, it'll usually go to the mobile site.

If you want to post something on your device instead of the computer, just go to the main website, access your account from there and you'll see it as if it was on your computer! Then I think you can publish, i haven't tried it yet, i kinda stumbled on to it when the site wouldn't work on my phone.

If everyone already knew this, I'm very sorry for bothering you and wasting about a few minutes of your life while you read my grammar-lacking explanation.

7/11/2013 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: BookwormKiwi
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member