FAQ
Got a question and don't know who to ask? Come on in, and ask away!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Nellethiel Aranel

For the love of God somebody help me! I have major OCD and need to clear out my outbox messages, but for some reason I can't. I can clear out my inbox just fine, but when I click 'delete' on the outbox messages it says the deletion was successful but nothing happens. Help!

4/5/2012 #1
xSweetBubbleTeax

I'm also having some issue's with deleting outbox message's. I'm sure it's just a small glitch or something, maybe try refreshing the page? *I doubt that would do anything though ^^;*

4/6/2012 #2
Grey Wolf4

I can't delete my outbox messages because there is no option to do it all, why has this been done?

9/9/2012 #3
Istealurfrenchfries

Me too. My inbox has the delete option, but the outbox doesn't. Why?

1/5/2013 #4
ParijanTaiyou

The delete option concerning the outbox was removed since it didn't function properly. Maybe they'll put it back someday...

1/10/2013 #5
Grey Wolf4

I hope so I got plenty I want to erase.

3/21/2013 #6
castlefan87

Yeah Two years Later and still don't have the option to delete outbox messages. Not right. Having a outbox isn't necesary. Other forum sites have listened and made changes to site concerning the outbox. wish fanfiction.net would do the same.

4/29/2013 #7
AImpatientWriter
I so agree with you! I have some crap in there that I want gone and erased and I just can't! Fanfiction!! Please! Either give me a delete option or get rid of the outbox all together..
7/8/2013 #8
KayaS

Same here! OMG this is so annoying.

7/22/2013 #9
keller12917

Glad I read here before tried to contact fanfiction you all have answered my question there is no way to delete all the messages I want gone from my outbox. Thanks.

1/12/2014 #10
Sicarius Domini Erebus

Contact them anyways; they NEED to put a "Clear Outbox" button -_-

4/2/2014 #11
Jetfire77

It has come to my attention that people clearly want to remove PM's from their outboxes. I have done a little thing, while doesn't really delete them, but can make them vanish and not stay there. First you go to your Outbox, search for the message(s) you want to get rid of, right-click it and scroll down to inspect element. Move your mouse over the highlighted item on the list (should be the PM(s) you want clear, right-click again and choose 'delete node' and boom, it's gone. It works for me so it should work for most of you who follow the steps. This also can be used on ads that appear at the top of a story you're reading, the same steps apply there to. Oh, and you'll have to redo it if the page gets refreshed or, if your lucky sometimes, it'll be permanently gone. Feel free to PM me for any questions you may have. Well, ciao.

Optimus Prime77

9/16/2014 . Edited 9/18/2014 #12
Forum Moderators: BookwormKiwi
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member