King and Queen of Hearts
Ok, I'm gonna write a fic about the King and Queen of Hearts, starting with their first meeting and through their marriage. I'd just like to know if you support arranged or love as how they got married.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
wraith17

Yo, peeps I need you thoughts on the nature of the relationship of the King and his beautiful Queen. BTW the way I'll be portraying them in the fic will be as they are in the 1999 version with Simon Russell Beale as the King (Cedric) and Miranda Richardson as the Queen (Mary; I picked her name). So yes lemme know your thoughts plz. :D

8/21/2011 #1
MarandaWrites

I actually really like this idea. Since Alice was written way back in the days of arranged marriages, maybe you should go that route with the male or female not agreeing with such a union. Play around with it and see what works for your story.

3/1/2012 #2
wraith17

I have been doing some research on Victorian life and from what I've read you are most correct that marriage was arranged but it was said that fondness did develop over time, due to how carefully the matches were arranged. The King and Queen seem to be like ying and yang, she has a very strong personality and everyone is scared of her, whereas he tends to let her do the more confrontational work and it seems to make them a strong pair. But thanks for your reply it helps alot with figuring out some of the details. I've already worked out the immediate family trees for the Four Kingdoms (Heart, Diamond, Spade and Club) so just a process of figuring out what I want to tell etc.

3/3/2012 #3
whatdotheydream

I think you should make it arranged marriage, but have them slowly grow to love each-other.

10/14/2012 #4
Forum Moderators: wraith17
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member