The Five Harmonious Factions
Candor, Dauntless, Amity, Erudite, or Abnegation. Come discuss the five factions of Divergent and see which one you will join.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Iwait4theRain

Amity: friendship; peaceful harmony. I'm sure all the Amity's would've been loyal Beatles fans. For all the peace-loving hippies out there, this is the faction for you! Amitys are well known for being kind, loving, and free. They're good counselors and caretakers and often dress in red and yellow. Why? I have no idea.

8/26/2011 #1
terrsea

I feel like I'd be in Amity. I can't say I'm a Beatles fan or a hippie, but friendship and kindness is what I'm all about. I wonder what their initiation process might be like?

10/26/2011 #2
Iwait4theRain

Yeah, I feel like it would be really eye-opening! It would probably be such a great experience though. I wonder if any of the Amity candidates are ever left factionless, I feel like that would go against Amity morals.

10/26/2011 #3
LittleMissWolfie

Probably not~ I mean, if Amity is about kindness, they really wouldn't turn anyone out, right?

2/29/2012 #4
Iwait4theRain

Yeah that's true. I think they're really big on peace too, so if you're a really destructive person then would they kick you out?

3/2/2012 #5
FireFlower56

I bet they would, but send them to the factionless people of Abnegation? This may be totally random, but aren't the colors they wear red and yelow? I understand yellow, but to me red always came across to me as more of a violent color.

4/23/2012 #6
Iwait4theRain

Yeah good point! I mean red tends to symbolize blood. But, it also might have something to do with the psychology of the color, like blue tends to make people happy and orange tends to make people feel hostile. I wonder if it has something to do with that?

4/24/2012 #7
FireFlower56

Oh yeah, I never thought of that. Maybe it does. Or maybe in their post-apoctolyptic (how ever you spell it) time they think of the colors differently. I don't know.

4/24/2012 #8
Iwait4theRain

Ooo I never thought about that!

4/24/2012 #9
FireFlower56

It's kind of cool how we can take little parts of the book and talk about them so we can really understand them. Well, it's interesting to me anyways. But maybe that's just because I'm book crazy :)

4/25/2012 #10
Iwait4theRain

Haha no I agree! It's really fun to have discussions like this!! Ooo, here's another thing I've always wondered; do you think that the society could continue on without Amity??

4/26/2012 #11
FireFlower56

I think it would be hard, because without them it would be difficult to keep peace and to look at the good side of people, if you know what I mean. Each faction contributes a little bit to everyone living in their society, so I guess it would be hard to keep it going with even just one of the factions missing. Hm, that gets me thinking of what is going to happen in Insurgent. Atleast two factions were pretty much destroyed, maybe you could even count Candor in three. I wonder what they will do now that atleast two of their factions are destroyed?

4/26/2012 #12
Iwait4theRain

That's really insightful! I wonder if Dauntless is going to try and rebuild itself or rise up against Erudite. I think Abnegation though, at this point, is non repairable.

4/27/2012 #13
FireFlower56

yeah, Abnegation is definitely beyond repair. But you know the Dauntless, always wanting to fight back.

4/28/2012 #14
Iwait4theRain

Very true!! I'm really interested to see what they're going to do!

5/1/2012 #15
FireFlower56

I wonder how many people of Abnegation are left. I guess the number of them that survived would induce the outcome...

5/1/2012 #16
destroy this city of delusion

I think personally I'd be Amity, well I'd like to think that! But I might be erudite...

I prefer AmityXD

I'm Jo btw! (from Tori's Tattoo Parlour the new forum)

5/4/2012 #17
FireFlower56
Yeah I definitely prefer Amity over Erudite. It would be nice to be able to live where people can actually work together without getting into a fight every 5 minutes!
5/5/2012 #18
Iwait4theRain

Welcome Jo! Haha, I agree. Amity just seems like an overall more pleasant place to be!

5/5/2012 #19
FireFlower56

Hi Jo! I kinda forgot to say that before... *sheepish grin* Well, late is better than never! I went on to Tori's Tattoo Parlour; cool forum!

5/12/2012 #20
Forum Moderators: Iwait4theRain
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member