Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar RP
Welcome to Zephyr Town! After being saved from completely disappearing years ago, the bazaar slowly diminished once again. Now, it's up to a new generation of villagers to bring the grand bazaar back to life again! Help flourish to its former glory!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »

The hotel which is, of course, located in the Hotel Area.

9/4/2011 #1

"Good morning, Grandmother!" Arabella said cheerfully, walking into the hotel's lobby from the room where she slept. "How are you?"

Pamela, who was sitting poised behind the front desk, ignored her granddaughter's question. "You are late," she said, annoyed, glaring at Arabella.

Arabella frowned. "What?" the nineteen-year old asked, confused. "What do you mean I'm late?"

"Just because you, unfortunately, live here," Pamela said 'live here' like it were a dirty word, then continued. "Does not mean that you can just come waltzing in for work any time you want!"

"It's only like 8 o'clock!" Arabella yelled, looking at the clock that hung beside the staircase.

"I do not like how you are speaking to me!" Pamela cried back, glowering harder at Arabella.

"Too bad!" Arabella screamed, before turning on her heel and marching away.

"You come back here, young lady!" Pamela roared, slamming her hand against the desk like a little kid having a fit. "You can not leave your work!"

"I'm cleaning!" Arabella shouted, picking up a broom and shaking it at her grandmother. "See?!"

9/14/2011 #2

Arthur covered his ears with his pillow. He had not had a good sleep because Alfred wouldn't stop talking about what happened while he was away, and the screaming coming from downstairs was seriously screwing with his mojo. Finally, Arthur just gave up and rolled out of bed. He literally rolled, but it was a surprise to him when he hit the cold, hard floor.

"I thought spring made the floor warm." he muttered. He searched on the bedside table for his glasses, got them, put them on, and stood up. He walked over to the closet and picked out his clothes.

He wore a parka when visiting relatives because his parents unfortunately lived in Siberia. He was always just curled up in bed, but hey, it was warmer than Zephyr Town in winter. Someone walked into the room, not bothering to knock.

"Mornin', Arthur! Watcha' doin'?" Alfred said, shutting the door and seating himself in the armchair.

"Honestly, haven't you ever heard of knocking? I was putting on my clothes!" Arthur said, holding up a pair of pants. Alfred waved it off.

"Nah, it's alright. We're brothers!" he said. Arthur sighed.

"So, what are you planning on doing today? You know, other than ruining whatever is left of my tolerance for you?" Arthur said, still ticked off about the floor.

"Touchy. Anyway, I wanna go bother Angela. You game?" Alfred said. Arthur felt himself blush a little bit. (I forgot to put this in the description, but he has a bit of a crush on Angela.)

"Alfred, we are not children!" he snapped, straightening his tie. Alfred sighed and grabbed Arthur's collar.

"Honestly, big brother, you need to see the bright side of life!" Alfred groaned as he dragged Arthur out the door. It was a rather comical sight, seeing a tall man like Arthur being dragged by a fun-sized boy. Alfred waved to Pamela.

"Hallo, Pamela! Lovely morning, isn't it?" he yelled.

9/14/2011 #3

"No," Pamela said hautily, frowning. "It is a horrible morning. It is cold and miserable; what is so lovely about that?" she looked at the two with a look of disapproval. "That is highly immature." she snuffed. "You should not be doing it. What will people think of you?"

9/14/2011 #4

Arthur sighed.

"I told him to leave me alone." he said. Alfred glared at him, then looked back at Pamela and smiled.

"I'm sorry you feel that way, but the cold crisp air makes it so fun to throw snow at people!" he said, putting his hand on his heart. "And who ever called us 'mature'?"

"I'm 21 years old and have the authority to tell Mother." Arthur scoffed, crossing his arms.

"Quiet, prisoner! Where's Arabella?" Alfred asked, trying to change the subject.

9/15/2011 . Edited 9/15/2011 #5

Pamela frowned deeper at the two, and furrowed her eyebrows. "Arabella is busy cleaning at the moment," she said in a somewhat-annoyed voice, looking around the hotel lobby for her granddaughter. Spotting her over in the bottom-right corner dusting one of the couches, the old woman pointed towards her. "She is right over there if you must know. But do not distract her from her work."

9/15/2011 #6

Alfred nodded.

"'Kay. See ya!" he said as he continued. "OFF TO NEVER LAND!" he shouted as he dragged his older brother out the door. Arthur waved.

"To struggle would be useless." he said in a sarcastic tone as he was dragged out the door.

9/15/2011 #7

9/15/2011 . Edited 9/15/2011 #8

Pamela didn't reply; she just pursed her lips together tightly.

Over in the corner, Arabella giggled at the brothers and waved as they left. "They're nice, aren't they?" she asked her grandmother once they had gone.

"Hmph," Pamela muttered, crossing her arms over her chest. "I suppose so. But they are highly immature. Well, at least Alfred is. Arthur seems mature enough. If only he could control that ruffian he calls a brother..."

9/15/2011 #9

"Yo, Pam! I'm back!" Alfred shouted as he made his grand entrance. Arthur followed behind him, facepalming again.

"I swear, if you're any louder, everyone's eardrums would burst." Arthur remarked.

"Whatever." Alfred said. He took note of two young men sitting on a couch in the corner, reading a joke book. Interested, he walked over to them.

"Hey!" he said. Startled, the twins looked up. Alfred stuck out his hand.

"Who are you? I'm Alfred, by the way." he introduced himself. Arthur grabbed his ear.

"That was very rude, Alfred. I'm Arthur, by the way, and this is my kid brother Alfred." he said as Arthur flailed about. The twins broke out into the same grin.

"The names are Hayden and Payton." they said at the same time. Hayden pointed at his twin.

"That funny-lookin' guy is Payton." Hayden said.

"The funnier-lookin' guy is Hayden." Payton said.

"Pleased to meetcha'!" they said in unison.

9/15/2011 #10

"My name is not 'Pam'," Pamela said through gritted teeth as Alfred and Arthur walked back inside. "Don't call me that." She watched as they went over to talk to two young men she had not noticed before. I wonder who they are... she thought.

Arabella, who had, unlike her grandmother, noticed Hayden and Payton before, had waited until she finished dusting a coffee table before hurrying over to introduced herself.

"Hello!" she sang happily, smiling at the twins. "I'm Arabella! I work here. The withered old prune behind the front desk is my grandmother, Pamela."

9/15/2011 #11

"Hey, we were talking to them first!" Alfred shouted. Arthur smacked him.

"Honestly, be polite." Arthur muttered. As they bickered, Hayden and Payton looked at Arabella.

"Nice to meetcha', Arabella! And nice to meet you, withered old prune!" they shouted at Pamela. Ignoring her reaction, they continued talking to Arabella.

"We are the legendary Hayden and Payton, driving people mad since 1891!" they sang, concluding with jazz hands. They resumed their previous position.

"So, how long have you been here?" Hayden asked.

"Yeah, I wanna know too!" Payton said.

9/15/2011 . Edited 9/15/2011 #12

((*pokes* This RP takes place in olden times. Like mid 1800s-early 1900s. ^.^;))

Pamela was taken aback when the Hayden and Payton called her a 'withered old prune'. She glared angrily at them and muttered to herself, "Honestly, children these days..."

Arabella narrowed her eyes at Alfred and smacked him, as well. She then turned to Hayden and Payton.

"I dunno about Alfred and Arthur, but I've been here since late Fall," she said, twirling the duster in her hand around.

9/15/2011 #13

(Huh?) (In a side note, it's hard to roleplay as four characters at once -_-)

Alfred rubbed the back of his head.

"Ow. Fine, you get to talk to them." he muttered, admitting defeat. Arthur grabbed his ear.

"Since you seem to have a little more time on your hands, maybe we can work on your manners." Arthur said, dragging him to their room as Alfred flailed about like a dead fish. The twins watched them go.

"First impressions are always amusing." Payton remarked. He looked at Arabella.

"Cool. We've been here since that cranky old farmer moved in." he said. Hayden also looked at Arabella.

"Do you know him?" they asked.

9/15/2011 . Edited 9/15/2011 #14

((The RP takes place before 1991.)) ((I know how you feel... I've roleplayed like eight characters at once before... -.-))

Arabella smiled as Arthur dragged Arthur away by the ear, then turned to the twins again.

"I don't think so..." she said. "I don't get out of the hotel much, 'cause Grandmother's always making me work. She can't do much on her own. I normally only meet new people at bazaars or festivals, or if they stay at the hotel."

9/15/2011 #15

((Ah, right!))

Hayden smiled.

"Please excuse me for a moment." he said, as he walked to the door. After a minute of awkward silence between Payton and Arabella, he came back, towing Sienna and Nathan behind him.

"This loser right here." he said, pointing at Nathan. Nathan furrowed his eyebrows.

"I don't appreciate being called a loser." Nathan said. Hayden waved him off like a fly.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. And this is the most beautiful woman in the world, Sienna." he continued, bowing to Sienna. She looked at Nathan.

"I don't know, either." he sighed. Sienna nodded and looked at Arabella.

"Hello. My name is Sienna. What's yours?" she asked.

9/15/2011 #16

Arabella smiled at Nathan and Sienna when they walked in. "Hello!" she greeted. "I'm Arabella. My grandmother and I run the hotel here."

9/15/2011 #17

"Pleased to meet you." Sienna said, tilting her head. Nathan rolled his eyes and continued arguing with Hayden.

During all this commotion, a scream broke out from the Buckley room. Curious, everyone turned their heads to see Arthur running out of the room, being chased by a rabid Alfred.

"Oh no, he's armed!" Nathan shouted, putting his arms to his head as Alfred brandished a pink, lacy pillow.

"I'M NOT SHORT, I'M FUN-SIZED!" he shouted, as they ran out of the hotel.

"..." Everyone was silent.

"Well, that really diminished the tension in here." Payton remarked, twiddling his thumbs.

9/15/2011 #18

"Boys!" Pamela roared, getting up from her seat and slowly hobbling over to the door. She leaned outside and started yelling at Arthur and Alfred, brandishing her cane. "Do not run anywhere in my hotel! EVER!! And Alfred! STOP CHASING ARTHUR THIS INSTANT!!! What are you, a child!?! I swear, there is something wrong with the BOTH OF YOU!!!"

Arabella stared at her Pamela. "Grandmother!" she cried after a few seconds, running to pull the elderly woman away from the door. "You don't yell at people like that! Especially if you're not related to them! It doesn't work that way!"

Pamela spun around and whacked Arabella in the side of her leg with her cane. "I will yell at whomever I want to!" she yelled, raising her cane to hit Arabella again. "And you do not tell me what to do!"

Arabella grabbed the cane from Pamela and tried to wrench it out of her grasp. "Stop... hitting... people... with... your... GODDAMN CANE!!!" the ninteen-year-old breathed, managing to take the cane and throw it across the hotel, where it landed with a clatter against the stairs.

((You see, this is what happens when you put a grouchy old lady and a nineteen-year-old with anger management issues in charge of a hotel.))

9/15/2011 #19

"I DON'T CARE, YOU OLD PRUNE!" Alfred shouted at Pamela. Seeing his chance, Arthur grabbed his little brother by the feet and dragged him back to the room. The sound of wrestling came from it, then someone falling to the floor, then stomping, then a shriek so horrible it even surpassed Pamela's yelling. Alfred walked out of the room, looking triumphant. He smoothed back his hair.

"Now, can I join this discussion?" he asked. Payton stared at Arthur, slowly crawling out of the room. He walked over to him.

"What happened?" Payton asked. Arthur adjusted his glasses.

"Let's just say, I hope I can still have children." he said. Payton raised his eyebrows and walked back to the little group.

"Arabella, it's not very nice to treat what looks like an old walnut without respect." Nathan said.

9/15/2011 #20

Arabella jumped when Arthur screamed, and looked horrifed when he came crawling out.

"You are most definately right," Pamela said to Nathan, ignoring everyone else. "She does need to show me more respect."

"You don't deserve my respect," Arabella said coldly, turning from Arthur to Pamela and Nathan.

"Need I remind you that without me, you would not be here right now?" Pamela shot back, narrowing her eyes at Arabella.

"Well, without you, my mother wouldn't have died and I wouldn't have grown up in an orphanage!" Arabella yelled, her temper flaring again. Tears springing into her eyes, she turned angrily on her heel and marched away to her room, slamming the door loudly.

Pamela looked angrily around at the little group gathered in the lobby, then, as quickly as she could, walked over to her cane, grabbed it, and retreated to her own room.

9/15/2011 #21

Silence enveloped the room.

"They seem nice... but cranky at the same time." Hayden muttered. Everyone nodded in agreement. Alfred turned to the twins.

"Anyway, I'm Alfred, as I said before. That loser picking up whatever is left of his dignity there, that's my brother Arthur." Alfred said, acting like nothing ever happened. He didn't bother with Sienna and Nathan, who were departing.

9/16/2011 #22

Arabella was sitting at the desk in her room, staring at a torn and faded letter in her hands. It was the one her mother had written her to the day Arabella was born. After reading it for sixth time since she stormed into her room, Arabella roughly pulled open one of her desk drawers, thrust the letter inside, and slammed it shut. She stood up from her her chair and started pacing around, biting her nails.

I shouldn't have done that, she thought as she paced. I shouldn't have yelled at Grandmother. I lost my temper... again...

Arabella sighed and collapsed back into her chair.

9/16/2011 #23

Arthur finally managed to stand up. He walked down the stairs.

"Gonna apologize?" Alfred said with a smirk. Arthur turned toward him.

"GO TO YOUR HAPPY PLACE AND SHUT UP!" he shouted. He adjusted his glasses and walked out the door.

"And now, I'll go to my happy place." he said, making his way to the Waterfall Area.

9/16/2011 #24

After lying around thinking for a while, Arabella got up and walked back into the lobby. She avoided looking at anyone as she took a seat behind the front desk, looking down and pretending to be busy writing something.

9/17/2011 #25

Slowly, the group dissolved. Hayden and Payton went back to their joke book, and Arthur went to look for his brother.

"Hayden... do you like them?" Payton whispered. Hayden tilted his head.

"Which ones?" he asked quietly, not wanting to attract attention.

"All of them. Pamela, Arabella, Arthur, and Alfred." Payton said. Hayden cupped his head in his hands.

"Well, I like Arabella and Alfred. Pamela and Arthur, though..." he said, wrinkling his nose.

"Why?" Payton asked.

"Well, for one thing, Pamela and Alfred are too mature." Hayden clarified. "Arabella and Alfred, they're interesting. Maybe we could make a group." Payton tilted his head.

"But isn't driving people mad just our job?" he asked. Hayden smiled.

"Even the best require a little help sometimes, young one." he said.

9/17/2011 #26

Arabella looked up as everyone slowly left, leaving just Hayden and Payton. She watched the twins for a moment, then looked back down at the papers she was mindlessly shuffling around, not being able to hear what they were saying.

Back in her own room, Pamela was staring out of a window into the flower garden planted below it. Why did she always have to fight with Arabella? That had been the second time that morning.

She must really try to control her temper, the elderly woman though, watching a rose bush rustle in the wind and refusing to believe she was at fault here. Really, it is most terrible.

9/17/2011 #27

Payton nodded.

"Ah, okay. I understand now." he said. Hayden stood up and walked to the front desk, where Arabella was. He motioned for Payton to follow him. Hayden banged his hand on the desk.

"Arabella!" shouted Hayden. Payton banged his hand on the desk.

"We've decided we like you!" Payton shouted. They smoothed their hair.

"You should feel proud, it's not everyday we decide to like someone who looks older than us." they said in unison.

9/17/2011 #28

Arabella jumped and looked up when Hayden and Payton slammed their hands on the front desk, one after the other. She raised an eyebrow at the two when they finished talking.

"I'm 18," she said, looking at them. "How old are you two?"

9/17/2011 #29

Hayden blinked.

"Really? You look older then Sienna, and she's 18 too..." he mumbled.

"We're 19." Payton said.

9/17/2011 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: LollipopHarvestGirl98
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member