Clan of the Rainbows
Kept for history stuff
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
PinKat

Since Spring hasn't been on much, I will be making a name rating thread.

There's a few things:

1. You have to tell my the personality or appearance, and I can help you with a name. You can have no name or just an apprentice or kit name, and I will try my best to help you.

2. No jewel names or names like "Shimmerlove" or "Silverglitter". Note: You can still use the prefix of the second one, "Silver", but you can't use the ending like that.

3. You can't give me names of the Clan's, unless you're doing original Clans. If you are, you can't have "BrambleClan" and a "Bramblefur".

4. No complaining if I don't get you extremely quickly. Tell me if you need it fast, I don't want people pestering me about it.

5. Tell me what you want me to do with the name, such as rate it, help you with a suffix or prefix, or more.

Okay, send in the names.

2/7/2012 . Edited 2/7/2012 #1
A Wandering Tiger

Five stars? Too good to be true. But, it is true :D

Nightstep -Small black she-cat with yellow eyes and white whiskers. She is swift and loyal, although she sometimes panics under responsibility. She is a good hunter and a good mentor, which makes her a credit to her Clan. She does not have a mate and sees no point in rushing to get one. The Clan is her family, and she would do anything for it.

2/7/2012 . Edited 2/7/2012 #2
PinKat

Tiger: "Step" is a good suffix for a fast cat, or sometimes a good hunter, which she is. "Night" fits her, since she is a black cat. Therefore, the name fits her, but I'll give you a few suggestions if you want. You could also use, "fur" or "pelt" if you want, but I would choose "step" over that, it's a bit more creative. Is she a major or a minor character? Her name would fit for both, so it wouldn't matter that much. You could also use "feather," but it doesn't flow as well as "step" even though it would somewhat fit her personality. You could try changing the prefix if you wanted to use feather, to something like "Black" or "Holly".

Overall, I think that the name is good, and you probably would want to keep it as it is.

2/8/2012 #3
I Am Someone Fear Me Grr

Silverpaw/fur

silver she-cat with green eyes, she is small, fluffy, she has a gray nose, a medium sized tail.

She's a good hunter but not so good at fighting. She is kind but mean when she needs to be.

2/8/2012 #4
PinKat

Hope:

Silverpaw/fur:First, cats can't have gray noses. She can have a black nose, which is close, or a pink nose. Also, she needs a bit of white on her to have green or blue eyes, so you can make her have a white paw, or something of the sort.

Okay, back to the name. Is she is RiverClan? Or an original Clan that has water as a part of it? If so, her prefix would sound good as something like "Stream" or "Minnow". If she isn't, you can make her prefix some kind of bird, like "Hawk" or "Owl". For her suffix, if she was a male, I'd suggest "foot", but since she's a female, she could be something like "fur" or "pelt", but if you want a more creative name you could do something like "flight" maybe? Also, for the prefix, you could do "Jay", "Breeze", or maybe "Heather". Also, for the suffix, you could do "storm".

I think that the best option would be something ending with "storm". Maybe "Hawkstorm?" If you want to stick with the more... pretty names, I would do something like "Heather" or "Stream" or "Minnow", as I stated earlier. But I think that "storm" would be the best suffix for her, so I would do "Heatherstorm," perhaps?

Anyway, if you don't like that, you can mix and match some of them, but "Hawkstorm" and "Heatherstorm" are my personal favorites. If you mix and match, remember that "storm" fits her personality the best, but "pelt" and "fur" describe her appearance. If she becomes a warrior a bit before six moons of training, I would stick with the ones that describe her appearance, because her personality might not have developed as much.

Anyway, hope that helped!

Edit: Also, there are some more acceptable prefixes, such as "Cloud" "Mist/y" or "Smoke".

2/8/2012 . Edited 2/8/2012 #5
PinKat

Bump!

I need more names to rate. *tear*

2/20/2012 #6
ninjanerd26

Name: Foxtail

Clan: ShadowClan

Appearance: Dark ginger tom with hazel eyes

Personality: Sly and cunning, but not arrogant. He doesn't like to draw attention to himself; and he only has a few friends. Sarcastic and witty towards she-cats, and isn't looking for a mate. When he hunts and fights, he prefers to trick the opponent/prey into his claws without open battle or chase. Has grudging respect towards elders, but no one knows why. Secretive. Not a main.

2/20/2012 #7
PinKat

For the prefix, "Fox" would work, along with some others, such as "Red" or "Ginger." There are some more, like "Fire," "Flame," or "Blaze" which would work, too. Out of those that I've suggested, "Fox" and "Blaze" seem like the best out of those, in my opinion.

For the suffix, you could stick with "tail" and more of the simple ones, such as "fur" or "pelt." You could also use some of the other suffixes, like "thorn" or "shade," but those sound a little weird with "Blaze" or "Fox."

So, you can mix and match with some of those, but I would suggest sticking with the simple suffixes, and "Fox" or "Blaze" for the prefix.

This is the third time I've had to type this, so it might seem a little rushed, and I'm sleepy. D: Anyway, hope that helped. *yawns*

2/20/2012 #8
springstar11

Name: Cloudstep

Appearance: Fluffy white tom with blue eyes.

Personality: Swift and shy. He has a crush on this one she-cat, but is too shy to talk to her. He is a little clumsy but always seems to fix his mistakes.

2/23/2012 #9
PinKat

*sighs* Why do these keep getting deleted. Stupid computer.

Anyway, back to business.

Spring: "Cloud" is a good prefix, considering the pelt color and fluffiness. You could also do something such as "White" but "Cloud" fits a bit better. Also, "Snow" and "Ice" would work. Even though "Ice" sounds a bit more... masculine, I guess, "Snow" would probably work better for a fluffy cat. "Feather" could work, I guess, but it would be better for a gray or silver cat.

For the suffix, "step" is a good suffix, focusing on his strengths, rather than his weaknesses. As always, you could do someone such as "fur" or "pelt" but "step" sounds a lot better. I would advise keeping the suffix as it is.

Overall, it is a fitting name, and you should probably keep it as it is, or look through a few of the names I suggested. "Snowstep" has a nice ring to it...

2/23/2012 #10
A Wandering Tiger

Bluefang -Small and sleek blue and white she-cat with light, playful blue eyes. She is an aggressive and swift fighter, although she does not have much patience so she hates hunting.

2/29/2012 #11
PinKat

Tiger:

Bluefang: "Blue" is a good prefix, for it matches her pelt color. You could also use some sort of water, if she's in RiverClan, or an original Clan that lives near a water source, like "Stream" or "Minnow" or something of the sort. If she isn't, I would stick with "Blue". Also, if there is not a SkyClan, "Sky" would be another option that would work, though "Blue sounds a bit better.

For the suffix, "fang" fits, but you could also use "storm" or maybe "claw". You may not have many options for that, because her personality limits it to a few things, but you could use "pelt", too. You probably already know not to use "fur" for her, because of Bluestar's warrior name, Bluefur. Though, if you choose another prefix, (which I advise you not to) you could use "fur".

Overall, it is a good name, especially the prefix. The suffix is good, too.

2/29/2012 #12
Falling Skies - Ebonyfeather

Icewhisker

She-cat

Small white she-cat with white whiskers and frosty blue patches.

Shy, but loyal. At first when she doesn't know cats that well, she hides from them. But, when she talks to a cat that she is close/friends with, she can be their best friend. (A great mentor).

Thank you!

3/29/2012 #13
PinKat

I'll get that rated by at least a couple hours from now, probably less.

3/29/2012 #14
PinKat

Icewhisker:

The prefix, Ice-, fits. You could also use Snow- or something, but Ice is just fine. There's nothing wrong with that, so that part is fine.

For the suffix, whisker- might not be the best choice, even though it flows well with Ice-. It doesn't really say much about her personality, just what her whiskers look like. Does she have a fluffy tail? If so, feather- would be good, because I like using feather- for gentle cats, which she sort of sounds like, and having a fluffy tail might reinforce that suffix, you know? But if she isn't, you could still use whisker-, even though it doesn't describe her personality. As always, the fur- and pelt- suffixes are available, but they might not be that great. I believe whisker- can also be used for a good hunter, unless I'm confusing that for something else.

Overall, that was a good name. You could make a few tweaks to the personality and appearance for other names, and to make that one stronger, but it fits.

Thanks for letting me rate your name! :D

3/29/2012 #15

Thank you so much!

3/30/2012 #16

Icefeather works :D

3/30/2012 #17
A Wandering Tiger

Bump.

6/23/2013 #18
Forum Moderators: A Wandering Tiger PinKat, Arbitrary Ravens
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member