The Walking Dead RP
The world's gone, went up in smoke and left to the geeks, the walkers... the walking dead. Come and join in as a survivor of this undead-eat-live world. OCs and canons welcome.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
PumpkinGrin

Now, I'ma keep this short and sweet so you don't have to burn your eyes out reading it:

1.) Respect others. Don't pull a Merle or an Ed and decide to be a jerkass to everyone. Treat everyone with respect and equality. Especially the Admin, which is me. I've got this handy little ban button, and I'm not afraid to use it if things get too rough, alright? Alright, moving on...

2.) No Godmod. Although in the show, headshots are landed as easily as a man can breathe. I suppose constant headshotting is allowed, but only if you treat it realisitically. But no impossible or rare weapons (unless somewhat justified, like Rick and his revolver). Try to use something efficient and somewhat practical.

3.) When making OCs, don't tread Mary Sue/Gary Stu territory. Here, Mary Sues and Gary Stus to me are like what humans are to walkers. If I see, hear, or sniff one of y'all...well, I'll leave that up to your imagination.

4.) Keep it...oh wait. I was about to say keep it PG-13, but The Walking Dead isn't necessarily a PG-13 show, isn't it? Well, all I can say is that profanity's alright as long as you don't go overboard with the f-bombs, and that you'd better do a fade-to-black when a sex scene occurs. As for violence...go full out. I want the gore, the blood, all of it. It's one of the goriest shows on the network; let's not tarnish that achievement.

5.) When controlling canons, remain in character as possible. This is rather self-explanatory.

6.) Hm... if I've forgotten anything, use common sense. Or take it up with the mods, and they'll help you out with any concerns.

Register Code: "They Don't Get To Live."

10/16/2011 . Edited by MODHAMMER, 10/29/2014 #1
MODHAMMER

7.) All posts must be at least 3 sentences long. Try to be as descriptive as possible. I know its hard sometimes but it just adds to the flavor of the RP.

4/16/2012 #2
MODHAMMER

8.) We will not be accepting any more soldier type of characters. Everyone wants to be one and they are the best at what they do. Sorry but no. I hope this doesn't offend anyone but things can get out of hand when half of the RP is comprised of soldiers.

8/12/2012 #3
MODHAMMER

9.) No Swords. And while we are at it, no nun chucks, Sais, staffs, morning stars, maces, sword thing from Star Trek, lances, spears, throwing stars, wolverine claws, light sabers, or other weapons that are over the top and rear/unlikely to be scavenged.

8/24/2012 . Edited by Clop-Clop, 7/20/2013 #4
MODHAMMER

For new arrivals, Please refer to the The Trials thread.

9/12/2012 #5
Black-Trooper

10. ) No bows/crossbows. Just like the soldiers, we got enough archer/hunter type characters running around with their awesome archery, tracking and survival skill. Sorry to disappoint the Daryl fans out there, who wish to model their characters after their hero but the answer is no I'm afraid.

2/25/2013 . Edited 2/25/2013 #6
MODHAMMER

11.) In light of recent events, we are banning most automatic weapons. The RP currently takes place 3 years after the apocalypse so the availability of such weapons including ammo is extremely rare. Also, people sometimes confuse the RP for a COD game.

NOTE: For those who currently have automatic weapons in the RP, your ammo for said weapons is going to be extremely limited and other moderators are going to keep on eye on this.

1/30/2014 #7
MODHAMMER

12.) An absolute MAXIMUM of 3 OC characters that can be created per individual role player. No exceptions.

2/1/2014 #8
loo2

Are there any exceptions to rule number 10 if the character does have a bow/crossbow, but is not the BA hunter/tracker/daryl character? Also if they use it for stealth mainly, and are untrained with it? I'm not thinking of making another character, but I was just wondering.

11/27/2014 #9
MODHAMMER

No. Rules are in place for a reason. No exceptions can be made.

11/28/2014 #10
A Man Named Snipes

Do SWAT / National Guard members count as soldiers?

12/21/2014 #11
Destroyer of Peace

National Guard is a recognized military group in the united states so Yes they are. SWAT might be counted as one.

12/21/2014 #12
A Man Named Snipes

Damn, I was going to do an interesting plot regarding the National Guard.

12/21/2014 #13
SydneyDrew59

Hi! I was wondering if I could still join the roleplay!

12/24/2014 #14
Destroyer of Peace

Yeah just create a OC in the OC page and then post in the trials.

12/24/2014 #15
searterror972

I accept the rules!!

2/24 #16
Freak1456
I like these rules. I hope I can still join
3/6 #17
Survivor111

Make a post in the trials and post your Oc so it can be denied or accepted

3/7 #18
TheOneDrampire
Can I join I never got a response? I submitted all things.
3/7 #19
naruto uzumaki-namikaze101

I accept I'm now part of We are the Walking Dead :3 XD one of my most favorite shows ever :3

3/22 #20
Twilightroxas7

I accept

4/19 #21
god of the cyber world

I accept the rules

5/5 #22
StormFox87

i accept these rules :D

6/7 #23
Cheif Penguinclaw

I..accept the rules

6/14 #24
maledragon1050

I... Disagree.

Jk. I Agree to the Rules, they're all good.

7/15 #25
Forum Moderators: PumpkinGrin Black-Trooper, Scifi-Fleur, MODHAMMER
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member