The Crossroads
This is Xibalba, the Crossroads of the Shadowrealms. Enter freely and of your own will.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Dream's Penumbra

"Has it a library?" - Shakespeare, page 51, chapter 9, The Warlock, The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, by Michael Scott.

This is a thread to talk about fanfiction. Which are good, and which aren't?

Discuss everything here; betas, flames, plots, reviews, all that.

10/20/2011 #1
Perfect Anomaly

Have you read Graceling? I recently put out a fanfic for that.

11/6/2011 #2
Dream's Penumbra

A place to talk about fanfiction, Within the SINF fandom, because sometimes it's nice to have a thread to go to and find all the good fics.

As answer to your question, yes, I have read Graceling. I liked the action bits, but...I just hatehatehate romance. So, yeah...

11/6/2011 #3
Perfect Anomaly

Oh, I see. But please please go read it? I would love some feedback to help improve my work. :)

11/6/2011 #4
willshakespeare-immortalbard

I like anything with William Shakespeare and Palamedes. The sad thing is...if you type in Palamedes into FF's search bar, almost all of them are mine. #_# Maybe I write too much?

11/12/2011 #5
Dream's Penumbra

I should write something...if I finish the songfic - actually make that two - and one hymnfic and five oneshots and six multi-chaps and the ongoing SYOT...

Whoa. Help.

I really love my multi-chaps, but I want to finish my SYOT before publishing them...

11/12/2011 #6
Dream's Penumbra

I've put up a new fic for Inkheart. Somebody R&R please. :)

11/27/2011 #7
What's it called? I'm trying to find some good ideas about Will and Palamedes. (For fanfics). Any suggestions are appreciated.
12/9/2011 #8
Iris Cornelia Jade

I'm trying to think of a story for this fandom...but plot bunnies evade me.

12/10/2011 #9
Dream's Penumbra

I have one! A humor fic about Palamedes trying to convince Will to brush his teeth, with tubes of brightly colored toothpaste in it.

...Sadly, I suck I humor stories. *pets plot bunny*

12/10/2011 #10

That's not a bad idea, Darkening Turquoise! I might try that--though you should use it, as it was your plot-bunny. ;) *nudge nudge* I'll probably be posting something soon...most likely a sad, sad piece.

12/11/2011 #11
Iris Cornelia Jade

Yeah, go on, Turq, try it out!

I was thinking of doing a piece on Scathach, something along the lines of watching empires fade and fall by her hand and does she ever feel guilty and--

I'll stop now.

And another one, kind of talking about the many gold and silver twins Nicholas has tried and failed to train, based on the song 'Alice Human Sacrifice' by Vocaloid (I don't suggest listening to it. It gave me nightmares for a month).

12/12/2011 #12
Dream's Penumbra

I was writing a fanfiction about Loki, Scathach, and Skadi going into the Shadowrealm of the Valkyries and doing...something.

Never again. Do you realize how hard it was to write that down. The summary was so embarrassing.

And no, the reason I'm not writing that is because I lose at humor.

Irriisss...you should not have said that.

12/13/2011 #13
Iris Cornelia Jade

Why?

You're going to listen to it, aren't you?

The music videos are the worst...

*Looks over shoulder* I keep thinking the red Alice is coming for me.

12/13/2011 #14
Dream's Penumbra

Iris. Thank you. For introducing me to that song. That was. Simply. Amazing. I. Love. That. Song.

*deep breaths* No words can possibly describe the awesomeness of Alice Human Sacrifice. Hands down, one of my favorites. Well, after Dies Irae...

I listened to that song about two dozen times. The music videos are okay, though they're all spattered with blood. I like the forth Alice(s), Rin and Len. Most mystery/angst there.

I'd like to dream about this...or possibly, not. Writing about it's probably better.

And yes, Iris, do it. If you're not going to update Paint The Sky regularly, you should write something for Alice Human - *listens to it again* - Sacrifice. I think that the idea's fabumouse. I'm in the progress of planning a multi-chap like that, the much-revised version of Machiavelli's Apprentice - which, by the way, will never be seen on the face of fanfiction again. I read over it the other day. I was mortified.

And this is where I stop rambling.

12/14/2011 #15
Iris Cornelia Jade

Uh...your welcome?

Okay then...

I also like the fourth Alice(s). I've only ever watched two of the music videos...they give me creeps. I'm creeped easily.

Yeah, you don't wanna be running through every dark world in Wonderland with zombie-Alices in hot pursuit.

Alright, alright, I'll do it! It was a good idea...and I've got rhyming English lyrics, which makes it even better.

12/14/2011 #16
Dream's Penumbra

I've got a plot bunny - the name is Jennie, by the way - that I'm willing to give away.

It's a 39 Clues fanfiction. About how Cora and Broderick fell in love.

(Wait. That just sounded lame written down. Never mind.)

Once I finish 10QQ, I will launch a number of multi-chaps. *glares at 10QQ*

Two of them are 39 Clues fanfics. One of them will feature Thomas Cahill. The original Thomas Cahill. It strikes me as ridiculous that there aren't any fanfics about him. Poor Tom...

12/17/2011 . Edited 12/17/2011 #17
Iris Cornelia Jade

Okay, Turq. Since you so avidly supported my Alice bunny (holds away creepy bunny at arm's length), you'd better review it.

12/17/2011 #18
Dream's Penumbra

Yes, ma'am.

12/19/2011 #19
Iris Cornelia Jade

*FYI, is on the second Alice right now.

A couple of tidbits of information;

First Alice: Why does the guy have to always be gold? Or the girl silver, for that matter...?

Second Alice: Can't it be two guys?

Third Alice: Steel gray and silver aren't that different...amber and gold aren't either. But you can charm anyone into believing you, with the right charisma...

Fourth Alice: The mind is an abyss, isn't it? ;)

12/23/2011 #20
Dream's Penumbra

Tidbits... *glare*

12/23/2011 #21
Iris Cornelia Jade

What about them?

12/24/2011 #22
Dream's Penumbra

It's like teasers. I hate teasers. JUST TELL US THE WHOLE THING!

12/25/2011 #23

I posted a quick little piece a few days ago. It was small...:( I need to write another sometime, but...yeah.

12/26/2011 #24
Dream's Penumbra

I shall go and read it.

(when I have time...)

Which is...never...

12/26/2011 #25
Dream's Penumbra

...Double post.

Seriously.

//beats forum

7/3/2012 #26
Midnight Cold Dragon

@Perfect Anomaly:

Have you read Graceling?

Uh....duh!

I loved them...

All three of 'em

11/19/2013 #27
Forum Moderators: Dream's Penumbra
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member