Poll: What should be my next story? Vote Now!
Author has written 18 stories for Yu-Gi-Oh GX, Chrono Crusade, Evangelion, Hellsing, Inuyasha, Harry Potter, Stargate: SG-1, X-overs, Mass Effect, RWBY, Flash, Dark Tower series, Sanctuary, Being Human, Grimm, and Yu-Gi-Oh.
My faith: Jesus:
Jesus had no servants, yet they called him Master...
He had no degree, yet they called him Teacher...
He had no medicine, yet they called him Healer...
He had no army, yet kings feared him...
He won no military battles, yet he conquered the World...
He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him...
He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today
Feel honoured to serve such a leader Who loves us...
If you believe in God and Jesus Christ His Son
then copy and paste this in your profile
If you ignore Him, in the Holy Bible, Jesus says...
"If you deny me before man, I will deny you before my Father in Heaven..."
If you believe in God and aren't afraid to admit it then repost this on your profile
This is a story about God. Read if you believe in Him, and read even if you don't.
A teenage girl about 17 named Diane had gone to visit some friends one evening and time passed quickly as each shared their various experiences of the past year. She ended up staying longer than planned, and had to walk home alone. She wasn't afraid because it was a small town and she lived only a few blocks away.
As she walked along under the tall elm trees, Diane asked God to keep her safe from harm and danger. When she reached the alley, which was a short cut to her house, she decided to take it. However, halfway down the alley she noticed a man standing at the end as though he were waiting for her. She became uneasy and began to pray, asking for God's protection. Instantly a comforting feeling of quietness and security wrapped round her, she felt as though someone was walking with her. When she reached the end of the alley, she walked right past the man and arrived home safely.
The following day, she read in the newspaper that a young girl had been raped in the same alley just twenty minutes after she had been there. Feeling overwhelmed by this tragedy and the fact that it could have been her, she began to weep. Thanking the Lord for her safety and to help this young woman, she decided to go to the police station. She felt she could recognize the man, so she told them her story. The police asked her if she would be willing to look at a lineup to see if she could identify him. She agreed and immediately pointed out the man she had seen in the alley the night before. When the man was told he had been identified, he immediately broke down and confessed. The officer thanked Diane for her bravery and asked if there was anything they could do for her. She asked if they would ask the man one question. Diane was curious as to why he had not attacked her. When the policeman asked him, he answered, "Because she wasn't alone. She had two tall men walking on either side of her." Amazingly, whether you believe or not, you're never alone. Did you know that 98% of teenagers will not stand up for God, and 93% of the people that read this won’t repost it?
-copied from atymer
Teacher: Can you see God ?
Teacher: Can you touch God ?
Teacher: Then, there isn't a God.
*A student raises his hand and says*
Student: Sir, can you see your brain ?
Student: Can you touch your brain ?
Student: Oh okay, so you don't have a brain ?
Post this on your profile if you love and believe in God.
copied from mr grimjaw
Laws of Anime Physics, Biology, Psychology, and Society
1. Law of Metaphysical Irregularity
The normal laws of physics do not apply.
2. Law of Differentiated Gravitation
Whenever someone or something jumps, is thrown, or otherwise is rendered airborn, gravity is reduced by a factor of 4.
3. Law of Sonic Amplification, First Law of Anime Acoustics
In space, loud sounds, like explosions, are even louder because there is no air to get in the way.
4. Law of Constant Thrust, First Law of Anime Motion
In space, constant thrust equals constant velocity.
5. Law of Mechanical Mobility, Second Law of Anime Motion
The larger a mechanical device is, the faster it moves. Armored Mecha are the fastest objects known to human science.
6. Law of Temporal Variability
Time is not a constant. Time stops for the hero whenever he does something 'cool' or 'impressive'. Time slows down when friends and lovers are being killed and speeds up whenever there is a fight.
7. First Law of Temporal Mortality
'Good Guys' and 'Bad Guys' both die in one of two ways. Either so quick they don't even see it coming, OR it's a long drawn out affair where the character gains much insight to the workings of society, human existence or why the toast always lands butter side down.
8. Second Law of Temporal Mortality
It takes some time for bad guys to die... regardless of physical damage. Even when the 'Bad Guys' are killed so quickly they didn't even see it coming, it takes them a while to realize they are dead. This is attributed to the belief that being evil damages the Reality Lobe of the brain.
9. Law of Dramatic Emphasis
Scenes involving extreme amounts of action are depicted with either still-frames or black screens with a slash of bright color (usually red or white).
10. Law of Dramatic Multiplicity
Scenes that only happen once, for instance, a 'Good Guy' kicks the 'Bad Guy' in the face, are seen at least 3 times from 3 different angles.
11. Law of Inherent Combustability
Everything explodes. Everything.
First Corollary - Anything that explodes bulges first.
Second Corollary - Large cities are the most explosive substances known to human science. Tokyo in particular seems to be the most unstable of these cities, sometimes referred to as "The Matchstick City".
12. Law of Phlogistatic Emission
Nearly all things emit light from fatal wounds.
13. Law of Energetic Emission
There is always an energy build up (commonly referred to as an energy 'bulge') before Mecha or space craft weapons fire. Because of the explosive qualities of weapons, it is believed that this is related to the Law of Inherent Combustability.
14. Law of Inverse Lethal Magnitude
The destructive potential of a weapon is inversely proportional to its size.
First Corollary - Small and cute will always overcome big and ugly. Also know as the A-Ko phenomenon.
15. Law of Inexhaustability
No one *EVER* runs out of ammunition. That is of course unless they are cornered, out-numbered, out-classed, and unconscious.
16. Law of Inverse Accuracy
The accuracy of a 'Good Guy' when operating any form of fire-arm increases as the difficulty of the shot increases. The accuracy of the 'Bad Guys' when operating fire-arms decreases when the difficulty of the shot decreases. (Also known as the Stormtrooper Effect)
Example: A 'Good Guy' in a drunken stupor being held upside down from a moving vehicle will always hit, and several battalions of 'Bad Guys' firing on a 'Good Guy' standing alone in the middle of an open field will always miss.
First Corollary - The more 'Bad Guys' there are, the less likely they will hit anyone or do any real damage.
Second Corollary - Whenever a 'Good Guy' is faced with insurmountable odds, the 'Bad Guys' line up in neat rows, allowing the hero to take them all out with a single burst of automatic fire and then escape.
Third Corollary - Whenever a 'Good Guy' is actually hit by enemy fire, it is in a designated 'Good Guy Area', usually a flesh wound in the shoulder or arm, which restricts the 'Good Guy' from doing anything more strenuous than driving, firing weaponry, using melee weapons, operating heavy machinery, or doing complex martial arts maneuvers.
17. Law of Transient Romantic Unreliability
Minmei is a bimbo.
18. Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
19. Law of Demonic Consistency
Demons and other supernatural creatures have at least three eyes, loads of fangs, tend to be yellow-green or brown (but black is not unknown), and can only be hurt by bladed weapons.
20. Law of Militaristic Unreliability
Huge galaxy-wide armadas, entire armies, and large war-machines full of cruel, heartless, bloodthirsty warriors can be stopped and defeated with a single insignificant example of a caring/loving emotion or a song.
21. Law of Tactical Unreliability
Tactical geniuses aren't...
22. Law of Inconsequential Undetectability
People never notice the little things... Like missing body parts, or wounds the size of Seattle.
23. Law of Juvenile Intellectuality
Children are smarter than adults. And almost always twice as annoying.
Americans in Anime appear in one of two roles, either as a really nasty skinny 'Bad Guy' or a big stupid 'Good Guy'.
First Corollary - The only people who are more stupid than the big dumb Americans are the American translators. (Sometimes referred to as the Green Line Effect.)
Second Corollary - The only people who are more stupid than the American translators are the American editors and censors.
25. Law of Mandibular Proportionality
(from A. Hicks)
The size of a person's mouth is directly proportional to the volume at which they are speaking or eating.
(from A. Hicks)
Any half-cat/half-human mutation will invariably:
be female, will possess ears and sometimes a tail as a genetic mutation, and wear as little clothing as possible, if any.
27. Law of Conservation of Firepower
(from Tom Williams)
Any powerful weapon capable of destroying/defeating an opponent in a single shot will invariably be reserved and used only as a last resort.
28. Law of Technological User-Benevolence
(from Tom Williams)
The formal training required to operate a spaceship or mecha is inversely proportional to its complexity.
29. Law of Melee Luminescence
(from Tom Williams)
Any being displaying extremely high levels of martial arts prowess and/or violent emotions emits light in the form of a glowing aura. This aura is usually blue for 'good guys' and red for 'bad guys'. This is attributed to Good being higher in the electromagnetic spectrum than Evil.
30. Law of Non-anthropomorphic Antagonism
(from Tom Williams)
All ugly, non-humanoid alien races are hostile, and usually hell-bent on destroying humanity for some obscure reason.
Any color in the visible spectrum is considered a natural hair color. This color can change without warning or explanation.
32. Law of Follicular Permanence
Hair in anime is pretty much indestructible and can resist any amount of meteorological conditions, energy emissions, physical abuse, or explosive effects and still look perfect. The only way to hurt someone's hair is the same way you deal with demons... with bladed weapons!
33. Law of Topological Aerodynamics, First Law of Anime Aero-Dynamics
ANY* shape, no matter how convoluted or odd-looking, is automatically aerodynamic.
Clothing in anime follows certain predictable guidelines.
Female characters wear as little clothing as possible, regardless of whether it is socially or meteorologically appropriate. Any female with an excessive amount of clothing will invariably have her clothes ripped to shreds or torn off somehow. If there is no opportunity to tear off the afore-mentioned female's clothes, then she will inexplicably take a shower for no apparent reason (also known as the Gratuitous Shower Scene).
Whenever there is a headwind, a Male characters will invariably wear a long cloak which doesn't hamper movement and billows out dramatically behind him.
First Corollary (Cryo-Adaptability) - All anime characters are resistant to extremely cold temperatures, and do not need to wear heavy or warm clothing in snow.
Second Corollary (Indecent Invulnerability) - Bikinis render the wearer invulnerable to any form of damage.
35. Law of Musical Omnipotence
Any character capable of musical talent (singing, playing an instrument, etc.) is automatically capable of doing much more "simple" things like piloting mecha, fighting crime, stopping an intergalactic war, and so on... especially if they have never attempted these things before.
36. Law of Quitupular Aggultination
(from Daniel Mikula)
Also called "The Five-man Rule," when "Good Guys" group together, it tends to be in groups of five. There are five basic positions, which are:
The Hero/Leader His girlfriend His Best Friend/Rival A Hulking Brute A Dwarf/Kid (often another teammember's younger sibling)
Between these basic positions are distributed several attributes, which include:
Extreme Coolness Amazing intelligence Incredible Irritation
(from Jason Bustard)
All anime females have an extradimensional storage space of variable volume somewhere on their person from which they can instantly retrieve any object at a moment's notice.
First Corollary (The Hammer Rule) - The most common item stored is a heavy mallet, which can be used with unerring accuracy on any male who deserves it. Other common items include costumes/uniforms, power suits/armor, and large bazookas.
Eyes tend to be rather large in Anime. This is because they contain several gallons of water, which may be instantaneously released at high pressure through large tear ducts. The actual volume of water contained in the eyes is unknown, as there is no evidence to suggest that these reservoirs are actually capable of running out. The reason water tends to collect in the eyes is because Anime characters only have one large sweat gland, which is located at the back of the head. When extremely stressed, embarrassed, or worried, this sweat gland exudes a single but very large drop of sebaceous fluid.
39. Law of Inverse Attraction
Success at finding suitable mates is inversely proportionate to how desperately you want to be successful. The more you want, the less you get. By contrast, young men who are desperately trying to attract the attention of one particular girl will find themselves surrounded by amorous ladies who will probably fight among themselves.
First Corollary Unfortunately, this law seems to apply to Otaku in the real world...
40. Law of Nasal Sanguination
(from Ryan Pritchard and Jason Aylen)
When sexually aroused, males in Anime don't get erections, they get nosebleeds. No one's sure why this is, though... the current theory suggests that larger eyes means smaller sinuses and thinner sinus tissue (see Law #38 above). Females don't get nosebleeds, but invariably get one heck of a blush along the cheeks and across the nose, suggesting a lot of bloodflow to that region.
41. Law of Xylolaceration
(from Lyndon Harris)
Wooden or bamboo swords are just as sharp as metal swords, if not sharper.
42. Law of Juvenile Omnipotence
(from Erin Alia)
Always send a boy to do a man's job. He'll get it done in half the time and twice the angst.
43. Law of Quadrotriscadecophobia
There is no Law #43.
44. Law of Nominative Clamovocation
(from Luiko-Ysabeth and Adrian Hsiah)
The likelihood of success and damage done by a martial arts attack is directly proportional to the volume at which the full name of the attack is announced.
45. Law of Uninteruptable Metamorphosis
(from R. A. Hubby)
Regardless of how long or involved the transformation sequence or how many times they've seen it before, any 'Bad Guys' witnessing a mecha/hero/heroine transforming are too stunned to do anything to interrupt it.
(from Conrad Knauer)
Simply changing into a costume or wearing a teensy mask can make you utterly unrecognizable to even your closest friends and relatives.
47. Law of Omniadaptability
Anime characters can quickly learn to accept anything (E.G. If a a regular person is attacked by a big, slobbering monster, he/she will scream about the impossibility of it and be devoured. If an Anime character is attacked by a big, slobbering monster, he/she will kill it, wipe his/her sword clean, and walk away whistling). Although they were live-action characters rather than anime, this phenomenon could be referred to as the "Scooby Gang Affect."
Another thing I copied from atymer; something that I think deserves to be read and thought on:
A 15 year old girl holds hands with her 1 year old son. People call her a slut. No-one knows she was raped at 13. People call a girl fat. No-one knows she has a serious disease which causes her to be over weight. People call an old man ugly. No-one knows he had a serious injury to his face while fighting for our country in the war. Repost this if you're against bullying and stereotyping. 95% of you won't. "
Body: DAD COMES HOME DRUNK AND MAD
HE PULLS OUT A GUN AND SHOOTS HIS WIFE THEN TURNS THE GUN ON HIMSELF.
THE LITTLE GIRL SITS BEHIND THE COUCH CRYING
THE POLICE CAME AND TOOK THE LITTLE GIRL TO AN ORPHANAGE.
SHE WALKS INTO THE BEDROOM,AND THERE IS A PICTURE OF JESUS ON THE CROSS
GIRL: HOW DID THAT MAN GET OFF OF THAT?
TEACHER: HE DIDN'T.
GIRL: YES HE DID.
TEACHER: NO HE DIDN'T.
GIRL: YES HE DID HE ALWAYS SAT NEXT TO ME WHEN MY PARENTS FOUGHT, AND HE TOLD ME EVERYTHING WOULD BE OK
YOU READ THIS BECAUSE IT SAID FIGHT, BUT WOULD YOU HAVE READ IT IF IT SAID JESUS STORY? POST THIS AS BIG FIGHT IN (ANY PLACE)? DON'T IGNORE THIS
64 PERCENT OF U WONT REPOST THIS
YOU NEVER KNOW WHO MIGHT BE WATCHING REMEMBER: THE BIBLE SAYS "IF YOU DENY JESUS IN FRONT OF UR FRIENDS HE WILL DENY YOU IN FRONT OF HIS FATHER
Something else I took from Atymer. It's a story I've heard before, but it always amazes me.
You know you live in the twenty-first century when:
1. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
2. You use phrases like idk, in regular conversation.
3. You would rather spend half an hour hunting for the remote rather than use the buttons on the stupid TV to change the channel.
4. Your TV doesn't have buttons for you to push.
5. You haven't used anything other than spark notes to write your English Papers .
7. Every phone in your house is cordless.
8. You've forgotten people's phone numbers because they're all on speed-dial.
9. You read this blurb and find yourself nodding and smiling at it.
10. You realize there is no number 6.
11. You scroll back up to look for number 6.
11. Now you laugh at how foolish you were.
If you fell for this, repost it. If not, try one of your own, it's fun.
You know what Mommy
You went to the doctor today.
I can hear that doctor again.
Every Abortion Is Just . . .
One more heart that was stopped.
If you're against abortion, re-post this
I copied this from Megakiraralover:
YOU KNOW YOU'RE AN AUTHOR IF...
You talk to yourself a lot.
You talk to yourself about talking to yourself. (e.g. 'Why do I constantly ask my self random things?')
When you talk to yourself you often talk to yourself like you're talking to someone else. (e.g. 'Have you ever noticed that deliver could mean someone's liver?')
After uttering a profound piece of wisdom like that above, you stare at the cookie in your hand with awe and say, 'Holy crap, this stuff is great for sugar highs...'
You live off of sugar and caffeine (the two greatest things ever discovered!).
You'll check your e-mail every day of the week and then disappear off the face of the earth.
Your e-mails tend to be pages long and incredibly random.
When replying to an e-mail, you'll never actually address the point of it.
You tend to collect Bic Stics off the ground like picking up pennies.
No matter where you are in a room you never have to get up to find a pen/pencil and paper.
The letters on your keyboard are wearing off.
Your friends and family think that you have carpal tunnel syndrome.
People think you have A.D.D.
You think it'd be cool to have A.D.D.
You constantly start talking in third person, present or past tense.
You start thinking about making lists like this and start giggling for no "apparent" reason
Your friends stopped looking at you funny for no apparent reason a loooooong time ago.
And FINALLY, the one way to tell if you're a good writer: You failed most of your early English classes.
(not quite...but I have come close a few times! yet i got full points in creative writing...lol. :D)
I am in Heaven now, sitting on Jesus' lap. He loves me and
I don't quite understand what has happened. I was so excited
Even from my earliest days, I felt a special bonding between
One day you cried almost all of the day. I hurt for you. I
Complete terror is all I felt. I screamed and screamed until I
I wanted to make all your tears go away. I had so many plans
I wanted to tell you that I love you before I was gone, but I
The angel took me to Jesus and set me on His lap. He said He
I'm writing to say that I love you and to tell you how much I
Also, Mommy, please watch out for that abortion monster.
Your Baby Girl
then you will send this to everyone you know to inform them
IF YOU IGNORE THIS WITHOUT READING IT YOU HAVE NO HEART...BUT IF YOU FIND YOU CANNOT STOP UNTIL YOU REACH THE END THEN YOU MUST HAVE A VERY BIG HEART.
Mummy...Johnny brought a gun to school
I copied this SondraStarrBVBArmyBridesmaid90, check her profile for a longer list:
1. If you've ever tripped over a WATCH YOUR STEP sign, copy and paste this into your profile (I know I must have at some point)
2. If you have ever pushed on a door that said "PULL" or vise versa, copy and paste this in your profile! (You know you have!)
3. If you have ever walked into a glass door thinking it was open, copy and paste this into your profile.
4. If you have ever tripped over your own feet, copy and paste this in your profile!
5. Ninety-five percent of the kids out there are concerned with being popular. If you're part of the five percent who aren't, copy this, put it in your profile.
6. If you have ever started humming a song that you have absolutely no idea what it is put this on your profile. (hate it when that happens!)
7. If you think being unique is cooler than being cool, copy and paste this to your profile.
8. If you have ever run into a door, copy this into your profile
9. If you have ever copy and paste something onto your profile, copy and paste this in your profile!
10. If you have ever asked a really stupid, obvious question, copy and paste this in your profile!
11. If you have ever forgotten what you are talking about in a conversation, copy and paste this in your profile!
12. If you have ever stabbed yourself or someone else with a pencil, copy and paste this in your profile!
13. If you have a true friend, copy and paste this into your profile!
14. 98 of teenagers do drugs, have sex, and drink alcohol...put this in your profile if you like bagels!
15. If you've ever burst out laughing in a quiet room, copy this into your profile!
16. If you've ever pulled on a door and complained about it being locked or really heavy, only to have someone point out to you that you're supposed be pushing on the door or vice versa, copy and paste this into your profile!
17. Admitting you are weird means you are normal! Saying that you are normal is odd! If you admit that you are weird and like it, copy and paste this onto your profile!
18. There's nothing wrong with arguing with yourself! It's when you argue with yourself and LOSE then it's weird! If you agree, copy and paste this and put it in your profile!
19. 92 percent of teenage population would die if Abercrombie and Fitch said it wasn't cool to breath any more. Put this in your profile if your one of the 8 percent that would be laughing your butt off!
20. If you think vampires have souls copy and paste this onto your profile!
21. If you haven't died yet, copy and paste this onto your profile! (Then go back and add #9!)
22. Chocolate chip cookies are the best! If you agree, copy and paste this into your profile!
23. If you've been on the computer for hours on end, reading numerous fanfictions, copy and paste this into your profile!
24. Weird is good, strange is bad, and odd is when you don't know which to call someone! Weird is the same as different, which is the same as unique, then weird is good! If you are weird and proud of it copy onto your profile this in your profile!
25. If you think rock-paper-scissors solves everything then put this in your profile! (well, not everything, but its fun)
26. If you are obsessed with fanfiction, copy and paste this in your profile!
27. If you have your own little world, copy and paste this into your profile! (Shouldn't every author paste this?)
28. If you read people's profiles looking for things to copy and paste into your profile, copy and paste this into your profile!
29. If you've ever talked to yourself, copy and paste this into your profile!
30. Pluto was declared no longer a planet on August 27 of 2006 just because it was 'too small' and 'off its orbit' for a couple scientists' likings! If you still think Pluto should be a planet then copy and paste this to your profile! LONG LIVE PLUTO!
31. If you spend multiple hours each day reading or writing or a combination of both...copy and paste this on your profile!
32. If at one time you misspelled or forgot how to spell a word less than four letters, copy and paste this onto your profile!
33. If you ever fell off a chair backwards copy this into your profile.
35. If you or your best friend is insane copy and paste this onto your profile. (Well, I've sometimes suspected that I was)
36. Ninety-eight percent of teenagers have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the two percent who hasn't, copy this and paste it in your profile.
37. If you hear voices of the characters in your head...copy and paste this on your profile.
38. If you have ever run into a door, copy and paste this into your profile
39. If you've ever tripped where there is a WATCH YOUR STEP SIGN copy this into your profile
40. If you are addicted to Vampires and would like to become one, post this onto your profile. (I'm getting over it, but I still think they're really cool)
41. 93 percent of American teens would have a severe emotional breakdown if someone called them a freak. Copy and paste this if you're a part of the 7 percent who would ask the person, "What was your first clue?"
42. If you ever read past two in the morning, copy and paste this to your profile.
43. If you have ever walked/run into a door, copy this into your profile.
44. If you have ever walked/run into a tree, copy this to your profile!
45. If you ever felt like just running somewhere, copy this into your profile.
46. If you're one of those people who get excited when you see just two reviews, paste this into your profile. (I don't think I've ever gotten only 2 reviews, but I always get a little jolt when I see them)
47. If you noticed I skipped number 34, copy and paste this on your profile.
48. If you just scrolled back up to look for number 34, copy and paste this to your profile.
49. If you're trash talking me for using the same joke twice, copy and paste this on your profile.
50. If you counted how many times the same question appeared, copy and paste this on your profile.
I copied this from KNDfreak; I think its romantic
I'm Sorry: (Girls Don't Realize These Things)
But most of all
Ladies always complain and gripe to their friends that there is never any good guys out there, and they always end up with assholes who mistreat them. Well ladies, next time you're complaining, maybe look up to see who you're complaining to, maybe that special someone is right there hanging on your every word as usual, screaming in his head "Why won't you give me a chance?"
If you're a guy and you agree with this letter, copy and paste into your profile as 'I'm sorry'
If You're one of the FEW girls with enough BALLS to copy and paste this into your profile, and you would never make your guy feel this way, copy and paste into your profile as 'Girls Don't Realize These Things'
OBITUARY FOR THE LATE MR. COMMON SENSE
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.
He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as: Knowing when to come in out of the rain; why the early bird gets the worm; Life isn't always fair; and Maybe it was my fault.
Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in charge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a 6 year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.
Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get Parental consent to administer Calpol, sun lotion or a band-aid to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.
Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.
Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.
Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.
Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.
He is survived by his 3 stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.
RIP We shall remember
Copied from draco122
I was walking around in a Target store, when I saw a cashier hand this little boy some money back.
The boy couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old.
The cashier said, "I'm sorry, but you don't have enough money to buy this doll."
Then the little boy turned to the old woman next to him: ''Granny, are you sure I don't have enough money?''
The old lady replied: ''You know that you don't have enough money to buy this doll, my dear.''
Then she asked him to stay there for just 5 minutes while she went to look a round. She left quickly.
The little boy was still holding the doll in his hand.
Finally, I walked toward him and I asked him who he wished to give this doll to.
"It's the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much for Christmas. She was sure that Santa Claus would bring it to her."
I replied to him that maybe Santa Claus would bring it to her after all, and not to worry.
But he replied to me sadly. "No, Santa Claus can't bring it to her where she is now. I have to give the doll to my mommy so that she can give it to my sister when she goes there."
His eyes were so sad while saying this. "My sister has gone to be with God. Daddy says that Mommy is going to see God very soon too, so I thought that she could take the doll with her to give it to my sister.''
My heart nearly stopped.
The little boy looked up at me and said: "I told daddy to tell mommy not to go yet. I need her to wait until I come back from the mall."
Then he showed me a very nice photo of him where he was laughing. He then told me "I want mommy to take my picture with her so she won't
forget me. I love my mommy and I wish she doesn't have to leave me, but daddy says that she has to go to be with my little sister."
Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly.
I quickly reached for my wallet and said to the boy. "Suppose we check again, just in case you do have enough money for the doll?''
"OK," he said, "I hope I do have enough." I added some of my money to his without him seeing and we started to count it. There was enough for
the doll and even some spare money.
The little boy said: "Thank you God for giving me enough money!"
Then he looked at me and added, "I asked last night before I went to sleep for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this doll, so that
mommy could give it to my sister. He heard me!''
"I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mommy, but I didn't dare to ask God for too much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll and a white rose.''
"My mommy loves white roses."
A few minutes later, the old lady returned and I left with my basket.
I finished my shopping in a totally different state from when I started. I couldn't get the little boy out of my mind.
Then I remembered a local newspaper article two days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck, who hit a car occupied by a young woman and a little girl.
The little girl died right away, and the mother was left in a critical state. The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on the life-sustaining machine, because the young woman would not be able to recover from the coma. Was this the family of the little boy?
Two days after this encounter with the little boy, I read in the newspaper that the young woman had passed away.
I couldn't stop myself as I bought a bunch of white roses and I went to the funeral home where the body of the young woman was exposed for people to see and make last wishes before her burial.
She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of the little boy and the doll placed over her chest.
I left the place, teary-eyed, feeling that my life had been changed forever.. The love that the little boy had for his mother and his sister
is still, to this day, hard to imagine. And in a fraction of a second, a drunk driver had taken all this away from him.
Now you have 2 choices:
1) Repost this message.
2) Ignore it as if it never touched your heart
Okay, no more doom and gloom. Well, actually there will be a lot of Doom if things don't work out in the World Tree series. Check it out:
In the Beginning, the Creator fashioned a wonderful tree whose leaves held every star in the sky and whose roots clung to a giant turtle. From the tree's limbs hung nine worlds, similar but each unique. In the tree's highest bows lived nine gods trusted to watch over Creation and among its roots, on the turtles's back, the souls of the dead rested until it was time to return to the worlds in the next age. For the Creator hung a great, seven spoked Wheel above the Tree, the Wheel of Time, and set it to spin a great Pattern using the all He had made as its threads, over countless millennia, and each spoke would represent one Age in the Pattern. Then, He stood back to watch His work unfold.
One of the gods, however, was not content with watching the Pattern unfold. The greatest gifts of power and knowledge had been gifted to him, and he desired to bring forth things new and unthought of, even by the Creator, and to be master of all things. Melkor, he called himself, He Who Arises in Might. He gathered a great host of spirits onto himself and, when he dreamed himself strong enough, assailed the Wheel, seeking to claim it for himself. But the other eight rose against him and beat him back and cast him out. But Melkor, whom the others named Morgoth-the Dark Enemy, promised he would return at the end of the Age, at the end of every Age.
Then the Creator then brought forth a new god to take Melkor's place among those who stayed true and promised the remaining gods that each time evil arose in any world, either from Melkor or from the vices of mortal life, there would come forth heroes and a Champion, to combat it and restore the balance between law and chaos.
And so, for three Ages, the gods watched over the worlds, and saw the battle of Good and Evil rage. Now is the Fourth Age and evil rises again in the worlds, as Morgoth prepares his next attack.
Care to take a look?
THE NINE WORLDS OF THE LIVING:
Earth 1: The world of Harry Potter
Earth 2: The world of Young Justice
Earth 3: The world of Power Rangers.
Earth 4: The world of Percy Jackson
Earth 5: The world of Fusion Fall
Earth 6: The world of Naruto
Earth 7: The world of Mass Effect/Homestuck
Earth 8: The world of Pokemon
Earth 9: The world of Transformers Prime/Beast Wars
Some of you have noticed I took the Stargate world out. It broke my heart, but it just doesn't feel like it belongs in this story. Maybe I'll bring it back, but I doubt it. Also, I'm going to say this here and now and try to avoid this arguement later: I'm not making either Earth 9 or Earth 3 a Marvel Universe. I love Spider-man; I think Avengers was one of the best movies ever; but I want to avoid making needless repeats and making Marvel and DC canon is kind of needless repeatition. If, by some chance Earth 3 does turn out to have something in common with Marvel, however, it would either be the Cinematic Universe or the universe of the X-Men movies in the name of keeping things vaguely simple (one of my complaints of both DC and Marvel is that their universes feel so crammed full of secret races and various heroes, villains, allies, and generic thugs that I'm left wondering just how many people on Earth are innocent, by-standing, normal humans).
If you read Book I: Harry Potter and the past lives, you'll see that I'm not keeping to the strict structure of each universe (mini-crossovers in each one!!! Well, most worlds).
Challenge #1: Grimm Effect
Yeah! My first Story Challenge. Over the last year or so, I've fallen in love NBC's Grimm. It's intelligent, creative, and full of action, intrigue, and a deep mythology. I've also got a twisted mind, so I'm now challenging everyone to come up with a crossover between Grimm and another property I like: Mass Effect!
You can do whatever you want, of course, but my basic idea is that Shepard is a Grimm and has been for a while now. It's revealed to her crew sometime in either the second or third game, and now everyone has to deal with the fallout.
The basic rules are thus:
1. Shepard must a descendant of Nick. This also extends to her style of dealing with wesen; she's not the type of Grimm who'll lop off the head of a wesen the instant she sees it.
2. Cerberus is a descendant of the Verrat. The Illusive Man is a Royal. Personally, I don't think they're very special anymore, because of Nick, Renard, and company, but it's up to the writer.
3. Not every human in the crew needs to be wesen. It would work pretty well if only a few were.
4. The key should be involved. I don't know or care how, but it should be.
5. You don't necessarily need to keep it limited to canon wesen. If someone wants to include some of the monsters from say Supernatural (like vampires, djinn, or sirens), or make up their own that would be great. Just don't include anything too overpowered-going back to Supernatural, no angels or demons, those guys are way too much (personally, I don't care much for them, anyway).
6. Remember, Grimm is primarily a show about mystery. Action and adventure is good, great even, but don't just through creatures at the crew for them to shoot at. Make it interesting: a Ziegevolk influencing a court case, a Hundjaeger assassin hunting down a target, Hasslichen extorting a lodge of Eisbiebers, you know the drill.
I've written a short starting point called, Grimm Effect--Example. Feel free to use or ignore it as you please. It's just there as a jumping off point for those who need it. For those who don't . . . eh.
Challenge #2: Harry Potter and the Harem of Black and Red
It is said that, in the distant future, a great terror shall arise and consume the world in its shadow. The Trees shall die, the seas shall be sundered, the Earth itself shall wither, the very fabric of time shall come undone . . .
All this shall come to pass unless the Harem can be gathered, a coven of witches, brave and wise, loyal and cunning who shall stand together, moirails and auspistices all, and shall fight the Terror, along side two wizards, their matesprit and their kismesis.
Gather the Harem, or all is lost.
OK, this may be the single most ridiculous idea I've ever come up with, yes, that includes World Tree and Grimm Effect. Before I can get into the specifics of the challenge, however, let me tell you about the title. Let me tell you about it's meaning. Let me tell you . . . about Homestuck . . .
WAIT!!! Wait. Do not skip this! This challenge is only tangentially related to the mad brilliance that is Homestuck. For the unenitiated, Homestuck features a race of aliens called Trolls (named after internet trolls, not bridge trolls) who have very unusual ideas about romace. Specifically, they beieve that there are actually four of romantic relationships. Two are "conciliatory," designed for practical, social purposes, and are not of concern here. The other two are "concubicent," which means they involve the desire to mate/reproduce (one of the most interesting things about the Trolls is that sexuality apparently has no baring on reproduction; they don't even have words for sexual orientation). These two are the flushed and the caligulous ones, matespritship and kismesissitude. Short version (long version at mspaintadventures.wikia.com, search under "Quadrants") is that matesprits are a "Red romance" (Redrom), based around the positive emotion of pity, and are basically love as humans define it. Kismesise on the other hand are a "Black romance" (Blackrom) based on the negative emotion of hatered.
[Moirails are "platonic soulmates" (think "bromance") and auspistices serve the purpose of keeping kismesise socially functional and faithful].
Here is my Challenge, I have seen many stories which feature Harry as being the lone object of affection for any number of women, so now, let's give them one more . . .
Basic idea, Harry and Draco Malfoy (actually,Snape would be good for this too, just as long as it's someone Harry doesn't get along with and would never dream of fighting beside to save the world, let alone sharing a lover) are the heirs of the ancient Prophecy of the Harem of Black and Red. They must therefore share the love of the same girls.
1. My idea is that Harry is the matesprit and Malfoy is the kismesis, but you can mix and match if you want (for example, Hermione could be Harry's matesprit and Draco's kismesis, but Pansy is flushed with Draco and caligulous with Harry).
2. The Quadrants are an ancient form of relationship. They can be an abandoned practice by wizards or humans in general but must be the common (but unspoken) practice of modern of Goblins or Veela or (heck) even vampires. The rule is thought, you have to involve which ever race it is, unless it was practiced by everyone eons ago and all the magical races but humans still do it, in which case, just one or two will suffice.
3. There must be at least seven ladies in the harem, minimum of one from each House, and I'm making Hermione and Pansy must-haves. In addition, you must add one or both of the Delacour sisters if the Quadrants are a Veela practice (not that you can't add them anyway). There's no real upper limit, just please don't make it too ridculously big. Let's start off with a nice big number . . . 12, if there's more than a dozen girls in this thing, stop and think if they really do anything for the plot.
Example list : Hermione (Gr), Pansy (Sl), Luna (Ra), Susan (Hu), Parvati (Gr), Daphne (Sl), Padma (Ra), Fleur (Other), and Gabrielle (Other)
4. Just because the girls are in concilatory relationships with one another doesn't mean they aren't allowed to have sex with each other (personally,my reasoning is that they do, but its more practically than concubicent relationships which have sex just because they want to. Remember how in Mass Effect 2, Shepard had sex with Thane after he confessed how ashamed he was of his fear of death? I see that as something a moirail would do. Yes, I pale ship Femshepard and Thane. Whereas an auspistice . . . well to, use an example, if Hermione was auspisticing Harry and Draco, she might tell them to have a threesome with her to work out any difficulties they have).
5. There is are no rules regarding Harry and whoever's . . . personal interactions. If you want to have them "do it," fine. If not, all right. My only rule: If Harry and Draco form a relationship, there must be one girl who serves as opposite for both of them. Example, if Harry and Draco go caligulous, there must a girl both of them are flushed for. If they vacilate (flip-flop), this is unnecessary (but could be fun).
Challenge #3: Defiance Effect
I've developed some fondness for Syfy's Defiance, and it gave me an idea. Under most cercumstances, I am tremendously disappointed with Mass Effect 3's ending,but watching Defiance gave me an idea. Try making a Defiance-style story where the survivors of the fleet of allied races set up shop on Earth after the Mass relays are destroyed (without blowing up the solar system, apparently).
Hypothetically most of the fleet got scrapped, so the number of surviving aliens and humans are roughly equal.
You can chose either the Control or Synthesis Endings. Destroy Ending is forbidden!! (I always thought that one was a bad choice given how Legion and robot-body-EDI were designed to make us feel compassion for the Geth. Heck, you can END the Geth/Quarian war and then turn around and decide you want to kill all the Geth because they're not organic? What the &*@ is up with that?). Personally I think Control would work best, because then you can have hostile relations between organic characters and the Geth, but it's up to you. Just no red light!!!
While you could in theory make this about entirely orginal characters, I'd prefer if the main characters were the Joker and your squad. If you found some way to bring Shepard back from the dead, OK; if not, don't sweat it.
Welcome to the New Age
Challenge #4: Supernatural Scooby Doo
OK, probably the least original challenge so far, but I like it. The basic idea is: Scooby and the gang travel around like they do in the show(s), but the catch is that sometimes (not all the time, but sometimes) they encounter real monsters and magic.
1. You don't have to use the Supernatural show's mythology. If you want to, go for it, if not, feel free to make up your own.
2. Supernatural is a little inconsistent when it comes to the question of "Should we kill all monsters?" (Example, Dean kills Amy and Sam's OK with it, then Dean befriends Benny, and Sam doesn't bring up the death of his first love at all). Mystery Inc. should take the Buffy stance of "kill the bad ones, but leave/help the friendly ones." That doesn't mean the gang all has to be in agreement on the treatment of monsters; you could get a lot of drama out of varying reactions to the supernatural (example, Freddie hates all monsters and wants to destroy them all, Velma's intrigued as a scientist, Shaggy and Scooby fear monsters but don't particularly hate them). You just can't have a minor character turn into a monster and the gang off the them without a problem
3. Give the gang a reason to want to investigate this stuff. Are they out for revenge? Are they searching for the treasure of Crystal Cove? Are they reporters for a bizarre magazine? (That actually was the original premise for Supernatural and was the driving force in some of those episodes with Shaggy, Scooby, Daphne, and Scrappy)
4. You can use any characters from any Scooby series you want, but, if you use the Hex Girls, make at least one of them a real supernatural (Thorn's being "1/16 Wiccan" doesn't count; Wiccan is a religion, not a biological attribute). I'd prefer to avoid bringing in the Winchesters and Bobby, there's plenty of Scooby characters to take Bobby's place, and he and the Winchesters would render Mystery Inc. less important by comparison (in my opinion, anyhow). Feel free to use any of the big bads from Supernatural, though: Yellow Eyes, Eve, Dick Roman, etc.
Carry on, my wayward sons. Scooby-Doobie Doo!
Challenge #5: Hollowstuck
I was reading Hollows Fanfiction, thinking of Rachel's relationship with Ivy, when I realized something: Rachel's feelings for her housemate/partner could be considered a moirailigence. Think about it, Rachel's strait, so she isn't interested in having sex with Ivy, but she obviously loves the living vampire a lot (Newt mentions Rachel loves Ivy more than their home/church and Rachel willingly shares her blood with Ivy despite swearing up and down she'd never do that to give Ivy a positive image of herself). That got me thinking . . .
I want to see a Hollows/Homestuck crossover. I don't care how it works: Sburg can be launched in the Hollowsverse, one group of characters can get magically transported to the other's universe, Homestuck Trolls replace Hollow trolls. I don't care just make it happen.
1. Rachel and Ivy have to be involved and the plot of the first few books has to stay more or less the same (at least up to A Fistful of Charms, I'm hoping Piscary can remain a threat--feel free to make his death as gruesome as you like, though).
2. The Alpha kids and at least a few Trolls should be involved. The Beta kids are all right; personally I don't care much for the Dancestors, but you can use them if you want.
3. Rainbow-drinkers are Troll vampires, but Kanaya is NOT soulless. Either she's a living rainbow-drinker or they don't lose their souls upon death. I don't care about the logistics, but she isn't a bad guy. I just can't imagine Kanaya being evil. It doesn't work.
Challenge #6: A Wider Universe
I've been reading a large amount of Sekirei fanfics lately (I don't watch the show that much, because I'm not amused by ridiculous amounts of fanservice), and that got me thinking (Most of my ideas come from reading stuff I thinking on how it could have been done differently). One thing I'm not particularly enamored by in the show (in addition to the dumb cleavage shots) is the fact that the Sekireis seem to be the only beings in this universe with supernatural abilities (I'm including the original nine from the medieval era who must have seemed like gods or demons to the folks of the day). I keep imagining, "what else could there be? And how would it react/interact with the Sekirei Plan?"
1. There is something else present on Earth during the Sekirei plan. It could be wesen from Grimm, maybe it's the youkai from RosarioVampire, or the monsters of World of Darkness, or it could even be the aliens of Roswell Conspiracies (look it up, the show had a lot of plot holes, but it had a nifty idea, some fun characters, and interesting creatures). Bottom line, when the space ship containing the Sekirei landed, humanity was not the only species on planet Earth, just the most public one. (P.S. no Twilight).
2. This something is organized. Why haven't they gotten involved before the start of the plan? That's up to you. Maybe there was a natural disaster and noboby but MBI could make it to the ship to retrieve the "new arrivals" and then Minaka covered it up before anyone else could learn anything. Maybe the supernaturals didn't think aliens could pose that big a threat. Whatever the reason, the secret races of Earth are aware now, and they are moving now.
3. Whoever these somethings are, they are a secret to the vast majority of the population. Even Matsu, with all her advanced survaillence resources and superior hacking abilities, has no real idea what's been hiding under her nose this whole time. Minaka might have some minor-to-moderate knowledge of the supernatural, but MBI proper has no idea.
4. Minato and his Sekirei gain some supernatural allies. This doesn't mean the leaders of the supernatural support them; maybe the big wigs of the supernatural would like to see the Sekirei and MBI removed . . . or enslaved. Or, maybe they are willing to give the newcomers to this planet a chance to prove their worth. But, Minato and company aren't going to have an overwhelming advantage, not by a long shot. (One reason why I don't want to see the Twilight mythos at play here; those guys are WAY too strong). Higa, MBI, and any other bad guys from Sekirei who fight him aren't going to be defenseless against the supernatural, not for long.
The game just got a whole lot more deadly.
OK, I have a few ideas of what I want to do when I finish Mr. Sandman, but, I'm having trouble deciding between them. So, I think I'll give you all a say. I'll stick my options here, and you can vote for them. Of course, I reserve the right to make my own choice regardless of your votes; this is just a way for me to learn what you guys are interested and may inform my choice. Well, here's what might be coming in the future:
1. Harry the Duelist:
This is a challenge by Crossoverpairinglover, but it's one I really like, so, I'm considering it.
"Challenge 39: Harry Potter and the Duel Spirits
Dudley Dursley loves powerful and rare cards. However, what happened to the commons could scar a Yu-Gi-Oh fan
Harry Potter however, managed to save a few common cards for his own: the six charmers. Eria the Water Charmer, Aussa the Earth Charmer, Hiita the Fire Charmer, Wynn the Wind Charmer, Dharc the Dark Charmer, and Lyna the Light Charmer, among others
These six, his most treasured of his few possessions, come with him to Hogwarts, where the many moving portraits inspire him to see if he can do the same to his six favorite cards
So, after reading about it in the library, he performs the magic late one night...and unleashes the spirits of the charmers.
But, like any duel spirits, only Harry, and a few others (...Luna, perhaps Dumbledore, ect) can see them
1: Each charmer is a unique character: Wynn is a genki girl ditz, Aussa is intelligent, Hiita is all attitude, Eria is the calming leader, Dharc is the broody one, and possibly the only boy, and Lyna is the opposite
2: They were able to know able to recall what happened to them while they were just cards
3:While they can not be seen, they can affect the world around them. So they can pants Snape, dye Draco's hair pink or even replace Hermione's literature with porn
4: While card dueling isn't unknown in magic, Voldemort will not duel Harry unless he really gets desperate to find the Power He Knows Not"
My additional rules/ideas are:
A) Harry will ultimately duel Dudley to get back at the brat and to prove his cousin's "might-makes-right" mentality wrong.
B) Harry will have his own deck made up mostly of fairly common cards that he either rescued or got lucky enough to get a hold of. It's going to be a fairly odd deck because he built it out of compassion rather than a desire to win.
C) Harry will have a harem (C'mon, people, read my stuff; he always has multiple lady friends). The twist this time around is that Harry's choice in girls is inspired by the Charmers. Basically, each lady in the group will have a personality similar to that of one of the Charmers (ex. Hermione is like Aussa, Luna is like Wynn, etc.). Likewise, the Charmers will also be in love with Harry, and will have the power to "merge with" or "benignly possess" their human counterparts for various tasks such as fighting, making love, etc.
D) I'll probably try to shoehorn in some bit about the monsters being "alternate reflections of peoples' character" or some such like that.
I think it's a fun idea.
2. The Sekirei Conspiracies:
Answering my own challenge! . . . again. Basically, this is based on my own "Wider Universe" challenge. Basic idea: a crossover between Sekirei and BKN's short-lived but still fondly remembered by some kids' series, The Roswell Conspiracies: Aliens, Myths, and Legends. The show's basic premise was this: various monsters are real (banshees, vampires, lycanthropes, yetis, etc.), and they're actually aliens. So, it's a show about shady conspiracies, aliens and sci-fi weapons and vehicles, and monsters and magic. One of the reasons I think this crossover could work is that a couple of the races in RC had magic-seeming powers (chiefly the Banshee) and the Sekirei do too. To quote my earlier challenge, the original Sekirei of the feudal ages probably seemed supernatural to the people of the era.
A) Minaka and Minato have the same "vision" as Nick and his family, allowing them to see through alien disguises. Thus, Minaka knows of the existence of aliens among humanity and is preparing to deal with them (hmmmm, I wonder how . . .)
B) The Global Alliance managed to cover up the Shadoen invasion, so most of humanity is still blissfully unaware of the existence of aliens.
C) the Alliance sends a team to investigate "weird stuff" going on in Japan . . . and chaos ensues.
Yes, Twilight is a big joke of a series on this site, but I sometimes read the fics; just because the source material is lame doesn't mean the fanfics are too, and, having read a lot, this is the scenario my perverted little mind has come up with . . .
A) The vampires, werewolves, and stuff is VERY different from Twilight canon. Yeah, I'll keep a few things for narrative or because I think it works well, but the supernatural in this universe is nowhere near as overpowered as it was in the source material. (I.e. It is possible for a human being to kill a vampire in this universe).
B) Bella is NOT as messed up as she is in the books. Yes, she'll still be a klutz and have a negative image of herself, but she'll still be a functional human being (or whatever she is--hint, hint).
C) Edward doesn't exist. He doesn't work in this fic (You'll see why in a minute).
D) The other four Cullen children all fall in love with Bella, and she with all of them (I'm a pervert, remember!).
E) Bella may or may not be involved in the obligatory ancient prophecy (it's not really obligatory, but even I admit it's kind of a cliche'), at any rate, the four Cullen "kids" have been waiting a long time for her.
I wonder how many fan's I'll lose just by publishing this option?
4. The Bat-Coven:
Sigh, I know, turning the Bat-Family into vampires and whatnot is a cliché, I've read Vampire Victimology and it's what gave me the idea. Anyway: In a world where Gotham is kind of like Innistrad of Magic the Gathering (MAN, how much nerdier can I make myself?), Bruce Wayne became a vampire on his journey around the world after his parents died. He returned to Gotham and became the ruler and protector of the Gotham night, the Batman!
A) Batman in this universe doesn't use much in the way of gadgetry. That mantel falls to two other groups of heroes: the Green Arrow family (here, a clan of monster hunters) and the Superman family (since Batman has powers in this universe, I decided to force Kal-El to have to utilize Kryptonian technology and whatnot, but not have his biological powers).
B) Batman has two mates/brides: Selina Kyle/Catwoman (here, a werecat) and Talia Al'Ghul (rendered immortal by the knowledge of alchemy she gained studying under her father). Other Bat-Coven members include Dick Grayson/Nightwing (granted superpowers via the Talon potion), Barbara Gordon/Batgirl (a vampire and an actual oracle), Jason Todd/Red Hood (also a vampire), Stephanie Brown/Spoiler (a wight/ghost), Tim Drake/Red Robin (vampire), Cassandra Wayne/Black Bat (Bruce's adopted daughter-vampire), Helena Wayne/Huntress (Bruce and Selina's daughter, half vampire/half werecat), Damian Wayne/Robin (Bruce and Talia's son, a dhampir or half vampire-now you understand my name), and Alfred Pennyworth (human).
C) Villains include: Ras Al'Ghul, an ancient alchemist, warrior, and sorcerer bent on world domination. The Court of Owls, a secret society of occultists who use their army of Talons to enforce their decrees. The Religion of Crime: A Dark Faith centered around Four Lessons of Blood, Deceit, Lust, Greed, and Murder. Mr. Frieeze, Poison Ivy, and Clayface who became an ice elemental, a plant elemental, and an earth elemental. Man-Bat, a kind of werebat. Scarecrow, a psychotic cult leader like in Batman: Gotham Knight.
D) Other DC heroes who may appear: Green Lantern (based more off his Earth-2 incarnation but gets his power from the Green), Flash (the embodiment of the Speed Force), Wonderwoman (who worships Roman gods like her Earth-2 incarnation), Aquaman (Atlanteans use magic like in Young Justice), Zatanna (a sorceress and possible love interest for Batman and/or Nightwing)and Hawkman and Hawkgirl (reincarnating aliens, why not?)
E) Batman and his family are willing to use lethal force against their enemies in this universe. Arkham Asylum isn't equipped to handle vampires, werewolves, or zombies. They don't like it (except for Jason and Damian), but it is necessary in their minds.
5. Harry Potter and the Shadow World
This is Harry Potter of my own making. Quick bit of backstory, I heard that with the end of Twilight, Hollywood's looking for the next supernatural/sci-fi tween romance and one of their choices was the Mortal Instruments series,where the set up could be summed up as "teens with angel blood fight monsters." I looked up the series' wiki, (c'mon, Twilight replacement or not, TELL ME that tagline doesn't sound interesting to you) and thought the shadowhunters, as they're called, are actually pretty interesting. I don't know that I'll ever read the books, but reading the wiki gave me some ideas which I then crossed with Harry Potter, a few ideas from White Wolf's World of Darkness, specifically Mage the Awakening (and the nerd-ometer just keeps going up and up . . .) Houses of the Blooded (a less well known rpg . . . sigh), and a few other things to create . . . this:
A) Set up: Witches are a subspecies of human with supernatural abilities whose mission is to protect humanity from supernatural Creatures (Vampyres, Werewolves, Veela, etc.) and spirits as well as enforce a truce between these races (if Vamps went to war with Weres a la Underworld, Muggles would notice). Not that all of even most Witches are really interested in Muggles or actually like these Creatures, but it's the center of their culture and their purpose in the world, so they do it . . . mostly.
B) The magic system is VERY different from Rowling's (extremely broken) version. It's nowhere near as powerful and more based on potions, rituals and enchantments than throwing around spells like baseballs (resulting in lots of melee weapons fighting--Witches still hate firearms). Also, all the supernatural races (Witches AND Creatures) are a mix of magic and biology, similar to the monsters of Grimm or Kim Harrison's Hollows (the more influential of the two).
C) Harry will still have a harem but it will be somewhat more complicated than most, due to the various types of romances Witches have (a mix of Homestuck Quadrants and the various kinds of love described on the Shadowhunterswiki--look under "Runes," then scroll down to the image labeled "Love Runes").
D) Voldemort and the Death Eaters are still around, but they're not the only threat, just the major antagonists.
Personally, this is my favorite, but I want other folks' input too. Also, I'm going to try to make a PDF of the outline I've already made of my "Shadow World" and try to stick it here for any who are interested. Happy voting.
Harry Potter: Vulpine Adventures
(not really a challenge, just something I want to get to eventually. I'm not entirely sure I shouldn't just make it an original story, since all I'm not taking much from Harry Potter beyond characters).
I've read a lot of stories where fox-like beings are described as promiscuous or polygamous and I got curious: are foxes really like that? So, I did a short internet search. Turns out: fox mating is even more complicated that human mating. For a long time, foxes were presumed to be monogamous, like wolves, but then some researchers in Britain made some genetics tests and discovered that some foxes were polygamous and some were even promiscuous.
That's what I learned when I double-checked. When I first began my research, I came across a little fact that I haven't been able to find since. Maybe I just made it up, but it got me thinking. (WARNING: this story, if I ever write it, will be much darker than most if not all of my previous work). See, while foxes are not pack animals, those that share a given swath of territory generally have a loose hierarchy. The fact-that-probably-doesn't-exist is this: the "alpha" foxes can go into any other pair's den and demand to mate with them. At first, this seems pretty awesome for the alphas, until you realize that that is pretty much a licence to rape. So, here's the set up:
There are no wizards, although there may been some hedge magicks. Humanity lives in relative peace with a variety of animal-like "little people." one of which is the foxlike Vulpines. Vulpines are clever and stealthy and don't have a lot of rules about sex, but one they do have is: if the alpha wants to sleep with you, he/she will.
Outside a small town in England lives a Vulpine community under the leadership of Draco Malfoy, an alpha increasingly abusing his power. One Vulpine family, that of Harry Potter, begins to wonder if he should take the reigns of leadership away from Malfoy, but can the pack survive a struggle for dominance while the nearby humans led by Major Cornelius Fudge begin plotting to steal the Vulpines' land, and another pack of Vulpine and a flock of Veela arrive having been chased out of their lands by the Serpentis horde of Voldemort who is rapidly approaching Harry's home?
And can Harry do all this while keeping some of his children from realizing that they are not his children?
Like I said, this is going to be darker than most of my previous work, but I think I can make something truly moving out of it, if you'll forgive my arrogance.