Author has written 47 stories for Titanic, Song of the Lioness, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Misc. Movies, Dirty Dancing, What A Girl Wants, Pride and Prejudice, Sky High, and Spring Awakening.
Hey everyone! Welcome to my profile! It's exceedingly boring, so I advise you to just scroll down to the bottom of this page and read my stuff. Erm, well, I hope you do. That's what you're here for, isn't it? To read my stories? I mean, there's no way you just stumbled here by accident... is there?
A few things about me (mostly in relation to this website):
1. I love reading and writing, but sadly, I'm not so good at writing long stuff, partly because I don't have the attention span (if you ever hack into my computer, you'll notice that I have a lot of beginnings, but very few middles, and even fewer ends, to anything I write) and partly because I never have faith in any plot I come up with. This results in a LOT of oneshots, which I'm cool with. The problem always is that I start stories, then I lose steam after two or three chapters, because I don't really plan ahead. So if you see in the summary box the little words "on hold", that probably should be translated into "abandoned".
2. I'm one of those canon shippers. Get over it. I usually try to stick to the canon of the book/movie as much as possible. In my early years, some of my characters were a little (okay, a LOT) OOC, but nowadays, I do my best to keep them as originally intended. That being said, most of my stuff is written in the framework of what was already written/filmed, because to me, that's what fan fiction is about. Well, not completely, because some of the stuff I write does differ from original plot lines, and other people are perfectly allowed to do so. In fact, I read a lot of that stuff quite often. I just generally like the original too much to mess with it. So if you find that boring, head somewhere else.
3. I'm not too proud of most of the things I wrote before 2009. That seems a little harsh, but I was kind of a weird child when I started out on fanfiction. I've removed some of the really awful stuff that I couldn't live with. The rest is here for your enjoyment (feel free to enjoy at my expense). Maybe one of these days I'll radically reform everything on here, but for nowsies... Whatever, man. I mean, most of what I've written are songfics (which I've grown out of) and a lot of random fluff, because I'm a bit of a romantic.
4. It is my life's ambition to be a copy editor when I grow up. No, it is not only because I want to read books for a living. Check out my beta profile to give me some practice! (if you're in need of a beta, which, I will not hesitate to say: If you don't have one, you are.)
5. My favorite fandoms at the moment are: Harry Potter (which I will forever be obsessed with, seeing as it completely formed my childhood. I actually wrote one of my college application essays about this) and Sky High (because 1. the movie was awesome, if not really cheesy with bad special effects and 2. people come up with friggin' awesome plotlines based on the characters/story, like Jeune Chat and Katharwen). This list is subject to change, seeing as every time I see a movie or read a book, I almost always feel the need to read/write fanfiction about it...
NOTE: I just changed my penname from arnoldthefemalepurplepygmypuff to ThePotterGeek. I'm amazed this penname was open, to be honest. But I figured my old one was a little childish. I thought of it WAY too long ago, back when I was writing craziness (much of which I took down out of sheer embarrassment). What can I say? I was a weird child. I just hope this change doesn't throw off too many people. Hopefully someone will care enough to wonder why arnold vanished and come check it out. I just wish I could send some kind of mass email to everyone who's ever come across me...
This just looked like fun, so for your reading pleasure... (And feel free to do this yourself... I didn't make it up, and it's kind of fun/hilarious.)
Number your 12 favourite Harry Potter characters, in no particular
1. Ginny Weasley
2. Fred Weasley
3. George Weasley
4. Sirius Black
5. Remus Lupin
6. James Potter
7. Lily Evans/Potter
8. Ron Weasley
9. Harry Potter
10. Hermione Granger
11. Luna Lovegood
12. Neville Longbottom
1) Have you ever read a Six/Eleven fanfic before? Ummmm… no. Although considering that he’s dead before she turns one, it’s not that surprising. I mean, who has an affair with an embryo?
2) Do you think Four is hot? How hot? Yes. At least, when he was younger. Before the Azkaban thing and all that. I don’t think I’d date him, though.
3) What would happen if Twelve got Eight pregnant? I’d have to study Biology again to see if that was anatomically possible. I do not believe that it is.
4) Do you recall any fics about Nine? Nah… Never even heard of him…
5) Would Two and Six make a good couple? What is it with James and having affairs with children??
6) Five/Nine or Five/Ten? Neither. I didn’t put Tonks on this list, but still… Although, if I absolutely had to choose, Five/Ten. Harry and Remus are SO not gay. ESPECIALLY not with each other.
7) What would happen if Seven walked in on Two and Twelve in an awkward situation? I don’t think that Fred and Neville would expect that, actually… they’d probably both scream, because a woman who’s been dead a decade and a half has just come back to life. Okay, at least both Lily and James are weirdo stalkers. Maybe they made some sort of agreement when they got married.
8) Make up a summary of a Three/Ten Fanfic. George/Hermione? Hm… Ron breaks Hermione’s heart one too many times, so to get back at him, she runs off with his sexhay older brother…
Just kidding. That would be the fangirly, let’s-murder-canon story.
9) Is there any such thing as a One/Eight fluff? I sure as hell hope not. Mrs. Weasley would probably die. Not to mention Hermione, Harry, and the rest of the Weasleys. “Wow, Ron, I knew you and Ginny were close, but not that close…”
10) Suggest a title for a Seven/Twelve Hurt/Comfort fic. The Night of the Living Dead. Lily seems to like rising from her grave a little too much…
11) What kind of plot would you use if you wanted Four to go out with One? The sad thing is, I’ve seen things like this… I can’t think of a plot. Probably because I DON’T want Sirius to go out with Ginny.
12) Does anyone on your friends list read Three slash? Maybe. I don’t really keep up with what my friends read… Does George slash even exist?
13) Does anyone on your friends list write or draw Eleven? Luna? … well, write? Definitely. Draw? I know someone who probably could, but she’s not on fanfiction.
14) Would anyone on your friends list write Two/Four/Five? Fred/Sirius/Remus? I’d probably stop being friends with them, so no.
15) What might ten scream at a moment of great passion? “I LOVE BOOKS!!” Either that, or something about Ron.
16) If you wrote a song-fic about Eight, what song would you choose? Ron… Um… Are there any songs about awesome sidekicks? I’d actually have to think about this one…
17) If you wrote a One/Six/Twelve fic, what would the warning be? Ginny/James/Neville. WARNING: James Potter rapes little children.
18) What might be a good pick-up line for Ten to use on Two? Hermione to Fred? I don’t know… “Hey, if I’d have been thinking straight when you died, I could have totally saved you. I’m just that smart.”
19.) When was the last time you read a fic about Five? Not that long ago. I’m reading this really awesome fic from his perspective that takes place during the fourth book and on. I actually wrote a oneshot about him, that I have yet to post.
20.) What is Six's biggest secret? James can’t keep secrets…
21.) Three and Seven got together. Your reaction? (vomits) Okay, so Lily comes back from the dead very often to get together with/stalk underage wizards, and James rapes babies! I think that’s a very dysfunctional relationship. They need counseling!
22.) “One and Nine are in a happy relationship until Nine suddenly runs off with Four. One, broken-hearted, goes out on a date with Eleven and then, with Twelve. After this, One follows the wise advice of Five and finds true love with Three." Fill in the blanks. What title would you give this fic? Yes! A canon relationship! “Ginny and Harry are in a happy relationship until…” Oh, no. End of canon. “… until Harry runs off with Sirius. Ginny, broken hearted, goes on a date with Luna, then with Neville. After this, Ginny follows the advice of Remus and finds true love with George.”
The Day Canon Took A Nosedive, Hit It’s Head, And Promptly Dropped Dead. I even made it rhyme. Aren’t you proud of me?
23.) How would you feel if Seven/Eight was canon? Lily/Ron? Well, depressed, because then there’d be no Harry… and even if there was, Ron would be his dad, not his best friend… and… well, everything would be messed up, that’s what!