Author has written 13 stories for Naruto, Bleach, Kingdom Hearts, Assassin's Creed, Vampire Knight, Sailor Moon, Dance Central, Code Geass, K, and Green Lantern: The Animated Series.
Currently listening to: Random pump-up songs
Bodie's a Tricycle - series of oneshots pairing Bodie with every girl in Dance Central. NOW COMPLETE!
Rules of Writing that I would like to live by (updated periodically):
1) Do not write Mary Sue's, and shoot them on sight.
2) Careful with writing OC's. Make them believable, they have to add to story, and cannot have too many.
3) Do the research before writing. Thoroughly read up on characters/settings/plots to keep things consistent and in character.
4) Write for yourself. Don't do it to please others/for reviews.
5) Do not be cliché. Unless it's on purpose/parody.
6) Always try to answer the “why?”s in the story.
7) Short and concise does the trick 99% of time.
8) Do not use the same words (colors, phrases, verbs) repeatedly in same passage. Word territory.
9) Thesaurus is there to remind you of words, not to abuse.
10) Suggest a character's feelings or reasoning instead of explicitly writing it out.
11) Grab the reader's attention. Jump into the action, drag out suspense, throw in plot twists, write cliff hangers like a sadist.
12) Protagonist(s) always need to run into obstacles/suffer/jump hoops. Antagonist(s) needs to threaten, have rational motivations, and be complex.
13) Show contrasts. Before/after's and use FOILs if necessary.
14) Think of word combos that are never used before.
15) Write outside of comfort zone. [That's hard, I always lean towards romance]
16) There needs to be a good reason to write smut/love scenes.
17) Use sensory details to slow down a scene or draw attention to something important. Must have a purpose in writing it.
18) Avoid too many modifiers, adverbs, and qualifiers. [Another hard one]
19) Dialogue needs to make sense in context, is hopefully witty, and helps set mood.
20) Take care of how some words sound/connotations to make it fit better.
21) Foreshadowing, backstory, and flashback are like salt. Too much is bad.
22) Read your writing out loud to hear the flow.
23) Careful with transitions between dialogue, action, and descriptions. And between POV's.
24) Every sentence should add something new. Every scene should have a point.
25) Check your grammar. Pick a tense and stick with it.
26) Reread and proofread before updating. Leave for a few days and go back to edit to catch more mistakes.
Some anime I've seen AND LIKED:
Sailormoon (first ever anime!) *writing*
Naruto *wrote two*
Bleach *wrote one*
Ouran Host Club
Code Geass *writing*
The Girl Who Leapt Thru Time
Vampire Knight *wrote one*
The World Only God Knows
Origins: Spirit of the Past
any Studio Ghibli works
any of Makoto Shinkai works
Project K *writing*
11/19/2017: It's been 3 years since I last updated anything on this site! And I was just reading my last update notes exclaiming how surprised I was that I was inactive for only 1 year back in 2014. Pffft. Goes to show, I continue to surprise myself with my massive period of inactivity. :X
Please add stories to your alerts! I hate reading incomplete pics and I will try and finish everything some day but daily life takes precedence usually. Thanks for your understanding!