Author has written 7 stories for Harry Potter, X-Men: The Movie, and X-Men: Evolution.
Fan Fiction Pen Name: Geek Squared 1307
Welcome to my little corner of the infinite Multiverse. My love of writing and conquest have lead me to obtaining a place where I can be creative and share my ideas with others who have similar interests. Before I write more about myself, I would like to thank a good friend who also writes on this site under the pen name Sins of Angels. She is awesome and encouraged me to post my writing on this site.
I am a self-proclaimed geek who loves books, especially those of the fantasy and/or science fiction genres. I love Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Star Wars, and X-Men, just to name a few. Writing is my favorite hobby. I think that writing is a great way to not only tell great stories but also to express my opinions. Through my writing, I can be creative and make myself heard.
There are a great many topic that I like to write about; when writing, I like to have fun and also discuss important issues. I believe that stories can help us think.
Although not all my fan fiction is of the romance genre, romance-genre stories that I write are usually slash. For those who do not know, slash means same-sex pairings. In Harry Potter, X-Men, and Star Trek there is a clear message of accepting people who are different. Harry and his friends face the prejudiced ideas of those who think that Muggle-borns like Hermione Granger, "half-breeds" like Rubeus Hagrid, werewolves like Remus Lupin, are inferior to pure-bloods like the Malfoys. The X-Men are trying to make the world realize that mutants should not be feared for being different. Just having powers doesn't make them good or bad; what they do with their powers determines if they are good or bad. Star Fleet officers represent the Federation, which contains over one hundred and fifty planets and colonies. One of the goals of the Federation is peaceful cooperation between different species, so that they can all learn from one another. The characters work together and respect each other's differences. My intent in writing slash romance stories is to express my opinion that the love between two people of the same gender can be just as real and wonderful as the love between a guy and a girl, a message which I think fits in very well with this idea.
Also, since I am writing about characters from fantasy, science fiction, and superhero stories, some fan fiction will contain violence. I am one of those people who loves the fight scenes in books and movies.
Please feel assured that I will rate all fan fiction to the best of my ability and provide appropriate warnings when I feel they are necessary. My intentions are to be creative and share ideas. Now, on to less serious topics ... after all, who can be serious in a Universe that thrives on chaos?
Some of my thoughts on writing
Everyone has their own reasons for reading and writing and their own opinions about what makes a good book. The way I know I've found a good book is when I can make myself at home in it, when the characters seem as real as the people I see every day, and I can feel what they feel. To me, the idea behind reading is not only to be distracted from the real world for a little while -- although that is no doubt a benefit at certain times -- but to discover a whole other Universe that seems as real as ours. When I can suspend my disbelief -- when I can relate to the characters, when the story has a significant meaning, and when the writing stimulates my mind to such a degree that I can almost believe that it's all real -- I know that I have found a book (nay, a world) that I will be able to visit again and again.
If I write fan fiction based upon a book, movie, or tv show, it means that it is one of the Universes I have stumbled across and fallen in love with. Writing fan fiction is my way to explore these Universes that I love and keep a part of them safe in my heart.
When I write my own original stories, it is my attempt to create Universes of my own -- to add the ideas of my own mind to the mass chaos that is in existence.
Here is a list of my stories (arranged by category, and by date within each category)
*My Harry Potter fan fiction stories*
1. "Why You Don't Want Me To Be Your Boyfriend": The entire title of this story is "Harry Potter's Why You Don't Want Me To Be Your Boyfriend," but the title box would not let me type the entire title. The story takes place post-Book Seven. Basically, after Harry defeats Lord Voldemort, lots of people want to go out with him. Members of the We Love Harry Potter Fan Club even try to break down the door of the Hospital Wing to get to him. The truth is that Harry is already in a relationship. When Professor McGonagall announces that there will be a Grand Ball in Harry's honor on his birthday, Harry gets an idea. He writes an article called Why You Don't Want Me To Be Your Boyfriend, which Luna's father publishes in the Quibbler, and in which says that he's already in a relationship, hoping that the crazy fans will leave him alone. He writes that the person he's going out with will be his date to the ball. Who does Harry love? Read to find out. Note: I posted this story before, but was later informed of and noticed some errors and contradictions within it. Because of my eagerness to post my first fan fiction, I hadn't edited properly. Therefore, I deleted it, edited it, and posted it again.
2. The Werewolf's Human Heart: During their fifth year, the Marauders are staying at Hogwarts over the Christmas holidays. Remus is upset about some bad news and his friends cheer him up. A gift leaves a lasting effect on Remus' life.
3. "Remus, We Know": The Marauders are in their second year at Hogwarts. Remus has not told his friends that he's a werewolf and is worried that they might find out. In reality, his friends already know and decide to tell him.
*My X-Men fan fiction stories*
1. Mythical Beings, Real Love: [X-Men: The Movie] This is a one-shot love story between Scott and Angel. They come back to the Institute after a date and have a late-night, heart-felt conversation. It's sweet and funny, and just might make you laugh, cry, and go "Aww," all at the same time. Note: I posted this story before under the title "Mythological Beings, Real Love," but later noticed some errors due to a lack of editing. Therefore, I deleted the story, did some editing, and posted it again.
2. Of Fire and Ice: [X-Men: The Movie] This is a story of the romance between Bobby and John, in which their powers present an obstacle in their relationship. There is also a pairing of Scott and Logan, who become friends with Bobby and John. While all of these relationship issues are going on, the cure is gaining support, and mutants must fight for their rights. This is my first fan fiction with multiple chapters. Note: This story is a work in progress. Though I have not updated it in many years, I am still working on it and planning to complete it at some point. (The chapters have been updated various times for grammar, but the contents of the chapters have stayed the same.)
3. Certified Do-Gooder: [X-Men: Evolution] Logan stops a bank robbery. Scott remembers a conversation he had with Logan years ago, soon after joining the X-Men.
4. The First Step: [X-Men: Evolution] The X-Men students return to Bayville High School after the School Board's decision to allow mutants to attend public schools. They are nervous because of the anti-mutant discrimination and bullying that they know they'll face. This story was inspired by X-Men: Evolution Season 3, Episode 3 "Mainstream" and takes place right after it.
Here are some quotes I find inspiring, funny, or otherwise interesting. Thanks again to Sins of Angels for the idea.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This had made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." (Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, Ch 1)
"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me." [Harry Potter] (J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Ch 5)
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonder that I yet have heard,
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come." (Caesar, Julius Caesar, II.ii.32-7)
"If my doctor told me I had six months to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type faster." (Isaac Asimov)
"There are depths in mankind that go down to the lowest hell, and reach the highest heaven, for are not both heaven and hell made out of him, everlasting miracle and mystery that he is?" (Thomas Carlyle)
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost..." (J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings)
"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours." (Henry David Thoreau)
"Find a subject you care about and which in your heart you feel others should care about. It is the genuine caring, and not your games with language, which will be the most compelling and seductive element in your style." (Kurt Vonnegut)
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." (Jorge Luis Borges)
Although humans do not live forever, we members of mankind can achieve a more meaningful type of immortality by doing things worth remembering and writing thing worth reading. Happy reading and writing.
May the Force be with you.
From my own little corner of the Multiverse,
-- Geek Squared 1307 --
a proud geekfreak (18)
admiral jaye (3)
Aislinn Carter (25)
Alexander Hunter (26)
Asmodean the sly (6)
Bandit X (18)
dilly r (23)
Eggo Waffles (14)
Eternal Love LJ (6)
Forsaken Elf (11)
Jade Snape-Holloway (17)
Jedi Master Evenstar (12)
jennifer snape (70)
Katria Bloom (54)
Krysnel Nicavis (0)
Luny Lady (9)
Madame Puddifoot (14)
Meir Brin (6)
Myrtle the Tyrtle (14)
Padfoot Reincarnated (72)
Rae of Rosemary (22)
Raistlins Lover (0)
Sarcastic Romantic (18)
Serra Tachi (1)
Sins of Angels (28)
The Green Pilgrim (68)