Author has written 11 stories for Kingdom Hearts, RENT, Final Destination, Series Of Unfortunate Events, and Total Drama series.
Greetings, citizens of the universe. Pardon the obligatory Total Drama reference; the series has recently become my latest obsession, so I felt as though the allusion was appropriate.
As my account name suggests, my name is Jamie. I am an nineteen-year-old San Franciscan, trying to find his niche in the world of modern literature. Writing is my passion, although I will be the first to admit that I tend to put off my projects for extensive periods of time. It’s just hard for me to find constant motivation, or creative inspiration for that matter.
I am currently in my freshman year of college, pursuing a degree in English and publishing. My goal is eventually to become an independent author, but I have recently discovered that I have a penchant for editing; perhaps it isn’t the most exhilarating of career paths, but it is something at which I excel, and it would also provide a window into the world of English. Given my love for writing, I am also an avid reader. I have been trying to set a reading quota for myself, which has been met with little success. However, I will not be discouraged!
I am a lover, first and foremost: I try my hardest to extend a sense of caring toward everyone that I come into contact with. I sometimes fall short of this ideology, but I never let my shortcomings deter me for long. The world needs more love, and I cannot expect people to make strides toward that if I am unwilling to give it myself.
Taking a leaf out of ferguson97’s book, I would like to make this section a “Shout Out” section. The following authors have offered a lot of support during my time as an author on this site, or have inspired me in one way or another. In my opinion, they are – as the kids would say – “cool cats”.
1) Sonowa – Easily one of the greatest people that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, online or otherwise. He has a brilliant mind with a unique sense of humor and cynicism, all of which I find endearing. He has stuck by me through the course of my attempts to write Total Drama Island, Season 2! Four long years, folks; that’s what I call dedication.
2) Cookies94 – Although she doesn’t seem to be quite as active on this site anymore, she is still my BFFFL (Best Fanfic Friend for Life). She’s a free-spirit, whose quirkiness and support have been a total joy these past four years.
3) ferguson97 – A recent friend that I made through his publishing of Total Drama World Tour. This guy possesses a writing style that I adore, and with whom I love talking. He’s sweet and always keeps an open mind, being willing to take constructive criticism just as much as he is willing to give it. Go read his story, you fools!
4) Craneeum – Admittedly, this author probably doesn’t even know that I exist, and I only just learned of her yesterday (May 1, 2013). She’s one of the authors I have listed for the sake of inspiration. Her story, A Concert for Twenty Fingers, is easily one of the best works that I have ever read on this site. The way that she weaves her words together is so eloquent that it borders on being whimsical, or magical. Her detail in writing the characters featured in her story is so intense; she pulls traits from their personalities and expands on them in a way that I have never seen so effectively done. Reading her story – even if you aren’t a fan of the NoCo ship – is an absolute privilege.
5) Scarecrowqueen - Quite likely the best author that I have met on this site. Period. She has this way of weaving stories together in a way that stays true to the plot of whatever fandom she writes for, but still making a completely original, believable twist to it. The way in which she captures her characters is impeccable and her writing style is one that I would kill for if I weren't a pacifist. Additionally, from the bit of conversation that we have exchanged, she seems like one of the sweetest, most humble people one could ever have the pleasure of meeting. If you only read one story on this website, let her story - Of Heart(h) and Home - be the one you choose. Alternatively, its sister story, Look After You is also brilliantly written.
6) Kirei-Tsuki - Oh, my God. This girl... Really, she is one of the sweetest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, in addition to being an exceptionally talented artist. She is the one who did the various illustrations for ferguson97's Total Drama World Tour.
Given that the Total Drama series is my latest obsession, and seeing as so many other Total Drama authors do this, I've decided to categorize the characters Total Drama into various groups, indicating my favorites and least favorites. If you have any questions in regards to my choices, feel free to send a PM.
Favorite Male Characters: Brick, Cody, Justin, Noah, Sam, Scott, Shawn, Topher, Trent
Favorite Female Characters: Anne Maria, Beth, Courtney, Dakota, Ella, Eva, Heather, Jasmine, Leshawna, Sadie
Least Favorite Male Characters: Cameron, Dave, DJ, Duncan, Harold, Leonard, Lightning, Max, Mike, Rodney
Least Favorite Female Characters: Amy, Gwen, Zoey, Sky, Sugar
Favorite Canon Couples: Sam/Dakota, Izzy/Owen, Tyler/Lindsay, Scott/Courtney, Jasmine/Sky
Least Favorite Canon Couples: Duncan/Gwen, Duncan/Courtney, Gwen/Trent, Bridgette/Geoff, Alejandro/Heather, Zoey/Mike/, Dave/Sky, Cody/Sierra (if that last one is even considered "canon")
Favorite Fanon Couples: Noah/Cody, Noah/Eva, Trent/Courtney, Brick/Dawn, Chris/Topher
Least Favorite Fanon Couples: Basically everything else...
Favorite Season: Total Drama World Tour
Least Favorite Season: Total Drama All Stars
Captain Kathryn (13)
Disney Magic Hart (10)
Opaque Opal (29)
|Community:||I'll Cover You|