Author has written 32 stories for Andromeda, Earth 2, Firefly, StarTrek: Voyager, Casablanca, Cutting Edge, Early Edition, StarTrek: Deep Space Nine, Battlestar Galactica: 2003, StarTrek: Enterprise, Terra Nova, and Castle.
Thirtysomething eastern NC expatriate living in metro Atlanta. Yes, I have an accent; no, I'm not a redneck -- but don't get me started on the topic of barbecue unless you have a while.
By day, I'm an employee benefits specialist; I currently work as an account manager for a small benefits brokerage. At night, I'm a semi-crazy cat lady who likes photography, walking/hiking, traveling and reading.
Oh yeah, and I can often be found writing in the early mornings before I go to work.
Reverberation series (Castle)
This series, set in the early 2040s, focuses on the four of the adult children of our favorite crime fighters and the long-term effects of events that occur during the series. It officially goes AU after 5x21 "Still," but the divergence from canon is gradual and, in the finest tradition of Castle, I reserve the right to play spot-the-meta-reference with later episodes.
All stories are standalone, but build on each other in a chronological order. That order will be:
- Family Secrets (completed June 2013): Newly-promoted investigative reporter Marty Castle starts working on her first article series. What she finds out when investigating it - and what happens while she does - will give her an unexpected, and sometimes painful, education about the things parents don't tell their children.
- A Place in the Game (completed August 2013): There's always a place in the game; you just have to choose whether to play. In years to come, they'll look back on this as the summer when everything changed, even though they don't realize it at the time. Four vignettes.
- Collateral Effects (writing in progress): There's nothing that Jay Castle wants more than to leave his past behind, but wanting and having are very different things - especially when the one person he never wanted to meet is determined to force his way back into his family's life as well as his own.
- Seasonal Affairs (working title; forthcoming): another set of vignettes
- Lux Obscura (working title; forthcoming): focuses on the character of Rory Esposito
- Routine Matters of Clarity working title; forthcoming): more vignettes
- Best Left Unsaid (working title; forthcoming): focuses on the character of Liz Ryan
- Reunion (working title; forthcoming): a final set of vignettes designed to conclude the characters' developmental arcs