Author has written 189 stories for SWAT Kats, Top Cat, Harry Potter, Dresden Files, Loonatics Unleashed, CSI, A-Team, Tale Spin, Eureka, and Book X-overs.
I've always been interested in writing, but until I wrote Life Changes, I'd only written story starts in my memo books and dreamed but thanks to one of my children's friends, I was encouraged to actually write a story from start to finish and post it. That was the start of my writing career of fanfiction anyway. As many can tell from reading my work, my favorite character is Commander Ulysses Feral from the show SWAT Kats: The Radical Squadron. I always felt he got short shrift on the show so I set out to write him in just about every situation I could think of. Thanks to me, there's now over a hundred fics dedicated to him.
I'd retired from the Air Force after 20 years then became a cat groomer, running my business out of my home for another 20 yrs until my hands became a problem (osteoarthritis). So now I spend time improving my writing skills, and I've joined a local writer's group. As I rapidly approach my 60th year, my focus is on my family. Moving to the coast has now become a lost hope though moving elsewhere in the city is going to happen as we don't want to retire in this noisy/crowded spot but it will have to wait until our last child graduates in another year. Hopefully, a few years from now (or sooner) I'll actually get a book published but that will only happen when we find the perfect home for retirement and we're settled again. With the economy in the shape it is, we will have to hope all our plans come through. Until then, I'll just keep writing anything and everything that strikes my fancy, improving my skills as I go.
It's taken me awhile to determine what genre I predominately write in. It appears I've settled down into Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance with heavy emphasis on shape shifters. I find it rather surprising that I've lost interest in Star Trek, Christine Feehan's work, my beloved SWAT Kats and gay fiction (except for shape shifter stories) but we all change with age, I guess. Right now, I'm in the process of thinning out my extensive book library and narrowing my focus to writing more in my chosen genres. Despite that change in focus, I won't give up my fan fic writing as it relaxes me and besides, I still have a great many open stories to finish and loathe leaving things undone if I can help it.
Favorite websites: Mainly 24/7 on Deviant Art; WWOMB (Wonderful World of Make Believe); SWAT Kats.us (forum); SWAT Kats Fan Fiction Archive; Fur and Fantasy; SWAT Kats Fan Art Archive, The Multifandom MPREG Archive; Fur Affinity; Kristen's SWAT Kat Art Gallery; and The SWAT Kat Encyclopedia.
PET Peeves/Dislikes - current genre of cartoons and TV programs; anime in all forms; getting old (yeah, isn't that true of a lot of us); bigoted, homophobic and overly religious people.
Here's a gay piece from a fellow writer who got it from a friend. This one is humorous and I enjoyed it lot. Hope it brightens your day as well. The world needs more levity (that's humor for those that don't know...yes I use a lot of big words)!
Being Gay Is Wrong
01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.
07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.
09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
ARE YOU SMILING YET?? AREN'T WE JUST A WONDERFUL COUNTRY OF HYPOCRITES? THERE ISN'T AN UNTRUE STATEMENT IN THE LOT DESPITE THE TONGUE-IN-CHEEK HUMOR OF THE WORDS THEMSELVES!
21 Nov 11: I decided to take a chance and do NANOWRIMO (National Novel Writer's Month) for the first time. For those not familiar with this, its a challenge to all writer's to try and write a novel in thirty days (always November and they probably should call it international rather than national as writers from around the world do it as well) ...from start to finish. No old ones or ones you're working on but a brand new novel (original or fan fic allowed) you begin on the 1st of Nov and get to 50,000 words before 30 Nov. It doesn't matter if your story isn't finished just as long as you reach 50k.
Well I surprised myself by writing an original fantasy piece called Shape Shifter's Nightmare and I went over 50,894 by Nov 20th. I still have many more chapters to write before its finished but I'm pleased with my accomplishment thus far. It was nerve-wracking and exhausting but worth it as it has helped me break my procrastination and actually write what I'd only been thinking about and that's the purpose of this challenge. When you win you get a certificate showing you finished the challenge. If you have the money you can even buy a winner's t-shirt for $25. Maybe you should try it next year?
20 NOV 2012 - FINISHED NANOWRIMO WITH 50,435 WORDS WITH ARC TWO OF WOLVES OF ARCANUS! YEAH!
24 NOV 2013 - FINISHED NANOWRIMO WITH 51,039 WORDS WITH SECOND HALF OF WOLVES OF ARCANUS, ARC TWO, and the story is still not done. Sigh. Nearly 30 chapters and counting.
Unsafe External Link