Author has written 3 stories for Winx Club, Naruto, and Inuyasha.
Websites that Help Improve Your Writing:
FanFiction Writing Tips and Tricks:
1. Write a story that you would like to read. If you find yourself at any point during writing that you really don't like the way the story is headed, change it.
2. Make it so you don't know what's going to happen next. The writer needs to be just as surprised as the reader is.
3. Keep the characters' personalities as original as you possibly can. We write fanfiction so we can take the characters from their original setting and then let them experience different scenarios.
4. If you're tempted to write crack, make the characters drunk. Seriously. Alcohol changes everything.
5. Have a playlist filled with inspirational music. Songs that speak the emotions you are trying to portray in your fanfic are your friends. They will help you when you come across writer's block...
6. Conquer writer's block by planning. You need to have every scene mapped out in order before you can even think of writing. "Doesn't that conflict with the idea of keeping the writer and the reader in suspense?" Absolutely not. You need structure in order to accomplish anything. Planning does not mean you cannot change something. You never really know how your characters are going to react until they are put in that situation, and you may find yourself altering your story plot line completely.
7. Take breaks. Make sure you get out to experience different things while writing. You never know what could ignite inspiration.
8. Have confidence. You are just as great of a writer as anyone else. You have potential. You can do it. Just believe in yourself and your story.
9. Don't give flamers the time of day. My motto is: if you have time to write a flame, you have time to write a story. Keep that in mind and don't give into their drama.
10. Most importantly: respond faithfully to each of your reviewers. They have taken time out of their day to read your story and give you words of encouragement. Let them know that it's appreciated!
On a separate note, if you're interested in reading my actual works, here's the link to my fictionpress account.
And if you're interested, here is mytumblr account.
Unsafe External Link