Author has written 3 stories for Winx Club, Naruto, and Inuyasha.
Websites that Help Improve Your Writing:
FanFiction Writing Tips and Tricks:
1. Write a story that you would like to read. If you find yourself at any point during writing that you really don't like the way the story is headed, change it.
2. Make it so you don't know what's going to happen next. The writer needs to be just as surprised as the reader is.
3. Keep the characters' personalities as original as you possibly can. We write fanfiction so we can take the characters from their original setting and then let them experience different scenarios.
4. If you're tempted to write crack, make the characters drunk. Seriously. Alcohol changes everything.
5. Have a playlist filled with inspirational music. Songs that speak the emotions you are trying to portray in your fanfic are your friends. They will help you when you come across writer's block...
6. Conquer writer's block by simply writing. Even if you can't think of a scene, just start writing. I guarantee once you push through the first 300 words, you'll find your rhythm again.
7. Take breaks. Make sure you get out to experience different things while writing. You never know what could ignite inspiration.
8. Have confidence. You are just as great of a writer as anyone else. You have potential. You can do it. Just believe in yourself and your story.
9. Don't give flamers the time of day. My motto is: if you have time to write a flame, you have time to write a story. Keep that in mind and don't give into their drama.
10. Most importantly: respond faithfully to each of your reviewers. They have taken time out of their day to read your story and give you words of encouragement. Let them know that it's appreciated!
Unsafe External Link